UnevenEdge

Grape Soda

GuyBeardmane

I gotta be in the mood for it, and it’s gotta be Welch’s. I don’t get in the mood for weird flavor sodas that often.  Although the other day I had that Japanese soda with the marble (marbles in drinks what could go wrong) it was melon flavored.  That was pretty decent. 

(and before anyone “well akshually”’s me I know it’s not possible to choke on the marble) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

It's not?

I mean I have no clue what you're even referring to, but I'm skeptical that you can't choke on this marble.

I forgot what they call the drink it’s got like this marble and you press your thumb against it and science happens and the marble gets sucked into the soda through an opening that looks way too small.  I don’t think there’s a way for the marble to come out the way it went in. I could be wrong. I never did science well 

edit to add drink. I had green one 

7A5B2D45-35AD-47D6-A3A5-16A51B14173B.jpeg

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Unless you broke the bottle, I have a hard time believing that. I don’t think it can come out as you drink it. 

I was about to say the one cautionary thing about the ramune bottle is whether someone’s willing to break the bottle for the marble.

Ages ago, when I bought one at the mall, the cashier had to ask if I was planning on smashing the bottle in the parking lot because kids used to crack them open on a curb to get them out. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

I was about to say the one cautionary thing about the ramune bottle is whether someone’s willing to break the bottle for the marble.

Ages ago, when I bought one at the mall, the cashier had to ask if I was planning on smashing the bottle in the parking lot because kids used to crack them open on a curb to get them out. 

F42E9C9C-58E1-47E6-9E82-87E65382D78F.png

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

After I was done drinking it I tried to see if there was a way the marble could come out without breaking the bottle, and I just don’t see how. Do you have any idea why a marble?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlackNoir said:

Simple, let's send him one and make him record it.

This could work if he’s willing. He can probably find the drink without us sending it to him.  I can’t for the life of me figure out how, absent of breaking the bottle, he got it out.  Even if he got it out intact, my point that you couldn’t choke while drinking is still sound.  Human idiocy and curiosity doesn’t count 😆

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

This could work if he’s willing. He can probably find the drink without us sending it to him.  I can’t for the life of me figure out how, absent of breaking the bottle, he got it out.  Even if he got it out intact, my point that you couldn’t choke while drinking is still sound.  Human idiocy and curiosity doesn’t count 😆

Personally I think he's full of shit now that I've seen one and I want to see him "fuck with it"....Sending it to him alleviates that whole "I can't get one" cop out.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BlackNoir said:

Personally I think he's full of shit now that I've seen one and I want to see him "fuck with it"....Sending it to him alleviates that whole "I can't get one" cop out.

I found a video and it takes a lot of effort to get it out and it can’t be done without changing the bottle in some way. (Removing the top or breaking it). 

I just clicked the first one I saw. 💩

tbh I think sponges just went there with “I got it out” just to be sponges and contradict someone without actually contradicting them cuz if he got it out it wasn’t in a way where he would have choked. 💩

Edited by 1pooh4u

Ain't it kinda funny, tho, how something so simple triggers our dumb monkey brain? Like. Just a glass marble. Nothing exceptional about it. There's no logical reason to want to have it or anything. But. It's there. Teasing you. And people go to all this effort to get it out, just for the satisfaction of it.

Brilliant marketing, really.

17 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I found a video and it takes a lot of effort to get it out and it can’t be done without changing the bottle in some way. (Removing the top or breaking it). 

I just clicked the first one I saw. 💩

tbh I think sponges just went there with “I got it out” just to be sponges and contradict someone without actually contradicting them cuz if he got it out it wasn’t in a way where he would have choked. 💩

Y'know what? 

I'mma retract my claim.

Like i said this was nearly a decade ago.

I think i remember it but its not worth the argument and there's no way to prove i did it.

So claim retracted.

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

After I was done drinking it I tried to see if there was a way the marble could come out without breaking the bottle, and I just don’t see how. Do you have any idea why a marble?

It was created by a British guy in the 1800’s whose design was used to preserve the carbonation.

The marble also prevents the drink from pouring out as easily, but I’m not sure if preventing spillage was one of the reasons it was used for ramune. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Ain't it kinda funny, tho, how something so simple triggers our dumb monkey brain? Like. Just a glass marble. Nothing exceptional about it. There's no logical reason to want to have it or anything. But. It's there. Teasing you. And people go to all this effort to get it out, just for the satisfaction of it.

Brilliant marketing, really.

So far just the guy in the video and allegedly sponges even bothered....i dont think anyone here cares

20 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

Those marbles give me anxiety, just thinking of all the children who ended up with cut fingers in the ER from attempting to get them out, lol

Sounds like putting marbles in soft drinks did go wrong, but in different, dumber, although not totally unexpected, ways 

I'm big enough as it is. I stay away from sodas for the most part.

Unless we're out and the sweet tea tastes like shit, then I'll order a Coke. Simply because I don't order chlorinated city water when we go out to eat. 

Not a huge fan of carbonation with a ton of sugar and corn syrup.

7 hours ago, BlackNoir said:

So far just the guy in the video and allegedly sponges even bothered....i dont think anyone here cares

I smashed the crap out of a bottle ages and ages ago for the marble just because curiosity. 

I think I ended up giving it to the niecelette to use as a crystal ball with her Barbie collection. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

I like Grapico.

Edited to add it's been a while, but I think I like the Fanta one too.

Grapico is the only grape soda I ever actually enjoyed. Everything else made me feel sick as soon as it touched my lips, like they were overly sweetened or something. Unfortunately for me, Grapico is only sold in one part of the country and I no longer live there. My last trip back home to Alabama, I mailed myself back four 12-packs and tried to share as many as I could with friends. Pretty much everyone loved it, even had some people buy a second can off me. Whenever I visit home, I always grab some Grapico and some Bojangles biscuits. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 3:35 PM, 1pooh4u said:

I gotta be in the mood for it, and it’s gotta be Welch’s. I don’t get in the mood for weird flavor sodas that often.  Although the other day I had that Japanese soda with the marble (marbles in drinks what could go wrong) it was melon flavored.  That was pretty decent. 

(and before anyone “well akshually”’s me I know it’s not possible to choke on the marble) 

Ramune

On 10/6/2021 at 3:27 PM, SwimModSponges said:

Y'ever had a "rootbeer" float with  grape soda?

Goddamn delicious.

I've gotten an orange soda float at Sonic.  It's amazing.  Grape would be good to try too.

I'm still mad I never got to make my root beer float squared.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

I love how it looks like a mad scientist's potion.

Got me thinking after my last post.  What if you dropped a cube of dry ice in before the ice cream?  You'd get that smokey fog pouring over the side of the glass, making it look even more mad scientist concoction-y.

10 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Got me thinking after my last post.  What if you dropped a cube of dry ice in before the ice cream?  You'd get that smokey fog pouring over the side of the glass, making it look even more mad scientist concoction-y.

Good god, man, what have you done?  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

• Haha 2

We don't fuck around with grape soda .... but that's because nobody can resist saying something petty when we catch you with it.

It's always like 

.... look at you playing into the stereotype 

Or 

Yes .... swallow it like the white man wants you to 

I feel like the old people got mad at us and stopped buying it at family gatherings XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Vamped said:

We don't fuck around with grape soda .... but that's because nobody can resist saying something petty when we catch you with it.

It's always like 

.... look at you playing into the stereotype 

Or 

Yes .... swallow it like the white man wants you to 

I feel like the old people got mad at us and stopped buying it at family gatherings XD

Few understand

• Thanks 1