UnevenEdge

COVID-19

SwimOdin

There was a novel called The Wreck of the Titan, or, Futility, published 14 years before the Titanic actually sank, that was eerily predictive of that disaster.

World War Z was published in 2006, and in the book, the plague started in China... 

Edited by mthor

14 minutes ago, Seight said:

We have now reached the "You could not eat at a buffet even if you wanted to, for some reason?" stage of the semi-quarantine. 

I'd say this is great for all those people who every year resolve that they are going to eat better and lose weight.

But then I see the people leaving the grocery store with carts full of pop, chips and frozen pizzas...and tp. 

• Haha 2

On 3/11/2020 at 8:32 PM, mochi said:

well duh

also a vaccine won't be developed it's apparetly impossible to create vaccines for coronaviruses

if it were they'd have cured AIDS by now

You can so make vaccine for Coronavirus. They have been vaccinating cattle for Coronavirus for a few years. Obviously not the covid19 that’s new, but they can make one. 

also HIV is not a Coronavirus 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

How many of us UEMBers are dealing with a full quarantine anyway. They just closed restuarants, and public gathering places here so far. They also put that memo out I posted declaring a state of emergency and limiting social gatherings to no more than 10 people anywhere. 

For the most part, I think anyone in NY, CA, and IL are supposed to stay home unless they work some place essential. No one here has reported that they personally have the virus yet so the state-wide lockdowns are currently close enough to real time quarantine. 

I'm fine with this 'pseudo' quarantine at the state levels. I'd rather all the users here be healthy but bored because they are stuck at home than actually sick in a mandatory quarantine. 

Yes, even the stupid users. :D They know who they are. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

For the most part, I think anyone in NY, CA, and IL are supposed to stay home unless they work some place essential. No one here has reported that they personally have the virus yet so the state-wide lockdowns are currently close enough to real time quarantine. 

I'm fine with this 'pseudo' quarantine at the state levels. I'd rather all the users here be healthy but bored because they are stuck at home than actually sick in a mandatory quarantine. 

I'm in IL and have pretty much been already following what are now the current rules since 3/5, when I had to go out for my annual checkup & to get my "Real ID" before my DL expired.  The few times I've gone out since have been for groceries/supplies, and the traffic has been about a tenth of the usual.  If there's any "silver-cloud" out of this it's reduced pollution.

Too worried that I'd bring home this bug to my Mom.  Any time I've handled something that was touched by someone else, my next move is to the sink to wash my hands.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Cali resident here. I really, really want to meet with my band this Thursday. We haven't done any band activities in weeks, for various reasons not related to the virus.

31 minutes ago, little_girl_lost said:

M-O-O-N, that spells COVID-19, sure does!

Fun fact!  The guy that voiced Patrick from SpongeBob played Tom Cullen in the Mini Series

There's a M-o-o-n reference in the cartoon, I'd link it but the youtube link is failing to pop up when I post it

• Like 1