UnevenEdge

COVID-19

SwimOdin

25 minutes ago, lupin_bebop said:

I just got kicked out of a Facebook group for putting a Karen in her place.

You cant just go around offending the white people. They dont like it. Its only okay when they do it to others

• Thanks 1

I went outside yesterday to get groceries for the first time in a month.  It was odd.  At 8am light rail had a dozen people in my car, none of whom seemed to be going to work.  At 11 am on the return, I was the only person on the train.  That seems backwards.

Walmart didn't seem to be hurting for shoppers.  The things they seemed to be out of were flour, some types of cleaning fluids and of course toilet paper.  And yet I kept seeing people with tp in their carts.  I finally asked and it turned out you had to go to the back at the "black doors" and get someone's attention to ask for a pack.  I get one to a customer and all, but there was nothing to indicate this process at all. :ph34r:

When I got home, I somehow ended up in an extended conversation with my westdoor neighbor (we lamented the closing of the poor folks grocery last week), as well as my new eastdoor neighbor, who practically jumped over his back fence to talk to me.  They seem nice.  I learned from him where the neighborhood rabbit I occasionally see in my back yard came from.  I asked him what they were trying to grow in the tiny plot of dirt in front of their house which looks like they planted sticks.  Apparently it's supposed to be California poppies, but they keep getting decimated by a cat determined to make a litter box of it and nothing they've tried discourages it.  I thought maybe it was the rabbit, since I don't think the cat would strip the leaves.  Or squirrels.

Anyway, I'm back in my hole for another month.  I feel like Punxutawney Phil.  :)

Here's things to do to keep busy:

Recreate famous art works with stuff lying around the house, including yourself.

Get hooked on marble racing.  It sounds dumb, but watch five minutes of one and you have to watch to the end. It's really mesmerizing. (you can skip the graphics and domino run on the first one and go straight to the start at 1:23)

Prancercize!  Keep in shape!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, Vamped said:

You cant just go around offending the white people. They dont like it. Its only okay when they do it to others

Fuck. Well, I’m an equal opportunity asshole, so I give not a single fuck if they don’t like it. 

Two weeks ago: "Tom Brady signs with Tampa Bay"

Me: "Finally a story that isn't about Covid!"

Yesterday: "More on Dana White's UFC plans to run shows on an island"

Me: "Finally a story that isn't about Tom Brady signing with Tampa Bay!"

• Haha 1