UnevenEdge

COVID-19

SwimOdin

On 3/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, SwimOdin said:

I’m a bit freaked out by it. My Mom may have been exposed to it (privacy laws don’t allow her to know whom at her work place has it). Fuck.

They have to tell you though now in the workplace if your mom was potentially around it. 

I've had some clients die the past couple weeks and we keep having to let everyone know. 

6 hours ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

They have to tell you though now in the workplace if your mom was potentially around it. 

I've had some clients die the past couple weeks and we keep having to let everyone know. 

Not if you've been 'furloughed' for things. 

If there's no way to report something to your place of work because your place of work is 'closed' , they can use that as an excuse to not pass needed info like that out to others. It's not like you are calling in sick and there's a record of it anymore in that scenario. You are sick at home and therefore not their problem even if the contagion originated at that work place. 

5 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Not if you've been 'furloughed' for things. 

If there's no way to report something to your place of work because your place of work is 'closed' , they can use that as an excuse to not pass needed info like that out to others. It's not like you are calling in sick and there's a record of it anymore in that scenario. You are sick at home and therefore not their problem even if the contagion originated at that work place. 

If clients have been tested, I actually recieve real time updates. My office is still open, I work with the homeless/incarcerated/mental health community. Thus any of our clients that came in contact with said person(s) was to be informed immediately and be tested/quarentined until the results came back. 

But each state/city/county has their own rules. So I'm not sure the situation.  

Edited by UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS

17 hours ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

If clients have been tested, I actually recieve real time updates. My office is still open, I work with the homeless/incarcerated/mental health community. Thus any of our clients that came in contact with said person(s) was to be informed immediately and be tested/quarentined until the results came back. 

But each state/city/county has their own rules. So I'm not sure the situation.  

I was speaking in terms of retail and food service places who either furloughed or outright punted their employees. In those cases, those places aren't likely to give a crap about those who officially got sick after the door closed. They can deny any responsibility for alerting anyone potentially affected because it didn't happen to a current employee. -.-; 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

I was speaking in terms of retail and food service places who either furloughed or outright punted their employees. In those cases, those places aren't likely to give a crap about those who officially got sick after the door closed. They can deny any responsibility for alerting anyone potentially affected because it didn't happen to a current employee. -.-; 

I get that now. 🖤

I just know in my area even if you rode the bus and an employee has it or passenger, they've been announcing it everywhere. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Again, I'm in NY and we're all dying. 

AHS was wrong about Syracuse surviving the apocalypse. 

4 hours ago, Baby_Yoda said:

All the employees at my job are getting tested today or we get fired

It hurts like bloody f-ing hell but at least it's quick. 

Unless you flinch, then it's like that whole playground 'two for flinching' punishment thing except it's the second nasal passage. 

They have started temperature checks at work the day I came back from vacation. I think we're up to 6 confirmed cases in our area. 

One of the most frustrating parts about it is, they closed the little room for customers to come pick up their stuff so Ive been helping out a shit ton finding and delivering packages to customers ... so much so my actual work is fucked for the week .... anyway ... we have to go outside the facility to hand the shit to the customers and every time they have to take our temperature. Ive had my temperature taken so many times Friday me and the nurse might as well start dating. 

• Haha 3

A good sized bird must have slammed into our living room window.  I heard a loud "BAM" and looked out the window to see feathers flying around outside.

The way things are going, I thought, "Great, now the birds are exploding"!

No signs of an injured bird outside, but some terrified squirrels were around.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

I needed a little something to lighten my mood.  He's so on point though, it's more schadenfreude than genuine happiness.  We're so fucked.

Not familiar, therefore not sure if comedian with a trailer trash affect doing this for the sheer hilarity of it all or if he's been huffing gold paint so long the metallic flakes clogging his sinuses have tuned in to the FOX frequency and this is the result of those voices in his head that never stop. O.O 

13 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

not sure if comedian with a trailer trash affect doing this for the sheer hilarity of it all

I don't know a lot about him, but yes, he's a stand-up comedian, and this is satire (though he plucks a lot of his material from actual comments he's seen online), in the Stephen Colbert vein.  He's got a bunch of videos out like this, but I haven't seen any of them yet.  But I agree that the Poe is strong with this one. :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, tsar4 said:

The struggle is real...

image.png.54eb64b762cb04e7f4176a14beaa6eb7.png

that means it's not being worn effectively. You need a good seal on all sides. if air is escaping out the sides, you're not filtering anything. I get it's a joke, but proper information is important rn. If all you can get is a cloth mask, if you can manage to insert something pliable like a wire or even a few twist ties thru the top border of the mask so it can form around the bridge of your nose, you'll be helping yourself immensely