UnevenEdge

COVID-19

SwimOdin

3 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Is that Mr. Bean? @avec

It's Blackadder (Rowan Atkinson).  That was his character prior to Mr. Bean.  The various Blackadder series follows his ancestors throughout British History & had Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry.  Pretty funny stuff, the Blackadder character is always a conniving smartass.  

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 12:44 PM, tsar4 said:

image.png.9ccc0e0d288c6b800a155a30fa7fd3f0.png

image.png.bffe0434f7bc968bcf7992e3febd98c8.png

:D

I remember those things from working with film. Frickin' finger rubbers. They'd get everywhere and stick to your shoes sometimes so you might end up accidentally dropping one at the gas station. Toilet paper on the shoe is less embarrassing. :D 

56 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

California, nuf sed...

image.png.b6d985b937db890a12f0e0cfd9f52d47.png

Why are the bike trails open only for pedestrians?

Under the parks closure order,  Class 1 bike trails like the Joe Rodota and West County trails (paved bike paths separated from roads) are open to pedestrians only. These trails serve as essential pathways in some neighborhoods, functioning like sidewalks.  They remain open to let residents move about within their neighborhoods. They’re closed to cyclists to help prevent crowding and through-traffic and to reinforce the intent of the stay-at-home order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

My nephew had Covid, he’s as of yet asymptotic. This is the seventh person I know to get it.

wife's nephew tested positive two weeks ago. he had a sore throat for a couple days and that was it. he's been back to work since monday. doctors made him wait 10 days after his positive test before full release, and that's it. i mean ... if i could get a guarantee that my symptoms and downtime were going to be that light, i'd take that 10-day rona vaca right now.

Just now, wacky1980 said:

wife's nephew tested positive two weeks ago. he had a sore throat for a couple days and that was it. he's been back to work since monday. doctors made him wait 10 days after his positive test before full release, and that's it. i mean ... if i could get a guarantee that my symptoms and downtime were going to be that light, i'd take that 10-day rona vaca right now.

I have a crazy thought that it might be safer to get it now than later. Just thinking that this fall hospitals are going to be overrun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

My nephew had Covid, he’s as of yet asymptotic. This is the seventh person I know to get it.

edit: tenth, I forgot three others at work 

I'm just glad to see you post, dude. Legit worried after that last post. :(

1 confirmed positive at work, no one else confirmed currently but people aren't exactly running to get tested either although several compromised. One cousin death potentially due to Covid-19 [ because she was healthy and then she dropped; if it was heart or an anerysm everyone would know because that's just what happens ] . At least three ambulances to the buildings in my complex so far. Much fun, so wow. 

3 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

I have a crazy thought that it might be safer to get it now than later. Just thinking that this fall hospitals are going to be overrun

depending on where you are, they may be at capacity now

On 7/31/2020 at 1:58 PM, katt_goddess said:

I'm just glad to see you post, dude. Legit worried after that last post. :(

1 confirmed positive at work, no one else confirmed currently but people aren't exactly running to get tested either although several compromised. One cousin death potentially due to Covid-19 [ because she was healthy and then she dropped; if it was heart or an anerysm everyone would know because that's just what happens ] . At least three ambulances to the buildings in my complex so far. Much fun, so wow. 

I'm so sorry about your cousin.  Everything is maddening.

You guys may have heard about a school in Georgia where a second grader tested positive on the second day?  My boss's daughter goes to that school. Ugh.

• Sad 1