UnevenEdge

COVID-19

SwimOdin

My ladyfriend was told by her landlord that if she doesn't pay rent by April Fools, she'll be evicted. She doesn't get sick pay and would only be able to pay car insurance and electricity.

Have you ever just wanted to kick the shit out of a landlord? Because I'm tempted to.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

My ladyfriend was told by her landlord that if she doesn't pay rent by April Fools, she'll be evicted. She doesn't get sick pay and would only be able to pay car insurance and electricity.

Have you ever just wanted to kick the shit out of a landlord? Because I'm tempted to.

She might want to check what her state is doing.  Illinois stopped utility turnoffs & I think evictions, resources are better used elsewhere.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

She might want to check what her state is doing.  Illinois stopped utility turnoffs & I think evictions, resources are better used elsewhere.

Evictions are postponed for now, but the landlord is attempting to defy the order because he's a fucking good-for-nothing slumlord. This is why I want to kick the shit out of him.

Scummy piece of shit who doesn't fix utilities or do anything for his tenants regarding problems until weeks have passed. Same guy's been running the joint since I was there 7 years ago. He was the only landlord I wished would die in a car crash.

Edited by Gyaos

20 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

Evictions are postponed for now, but the landlord is attempting to defy the order because he's a fucking good-for-nothing slumlord. This is why I want to kick the shit out of him.

Scummy piece of shit who doesn't fix utilities or do anything for his tenants regarding problems until weeks have passed. Same guy's been running the joint since I was there 7 years ago. He was the only landlord I wished would die in a car crash.

Well, he ain't doing shit without the courts or law enforcement.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

If it were me, with spare time galore, I might be checking if there were any public records online to see if the landlord had any previous complaints.  Then maybe I'd be checking to see if there was some sort of Tenants Advocacy Groups in the State/City.  You know, just to kill time...[insert evil laugh here].

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

Also.... change the locks if at all possible.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gyaos said:

i hate landlords

• Like 1