UnevenEdge

COVID-19

SwimOdin

Decades ago, I think James Burke had a segment in one of his shows ("After the Warming", I think) where they interviewed some scientist on a certain plant pollen that was found when digging in the Arctic.  The plant had long since gone extinct, but the question was - could there be any malevolent bacteria that was trapped in the Arctic that could wipe us off the face of the earth, should there be an Arctic meltdown?  Maybe the answer was yes.

6 minutes ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

Pretty sure I had this shit months ago, anybody that gets it need only prepare for coughing up huge chunks of mucus when you start feeling better. 

I forgot about that part until recently, it was like coughing up whole cherries.

Steve Wozniak apparently had it back in 2019 but the government has forbidden him from getting tested to confirm that that's what he and his wife had

Just now, tsar4 said:

I wonder, if a vaccine is developed, will the anti-vaxxers still avoid it?

well duh

also a vaccine won't be developed it's apparetly impossible to create vaccines for coronaviruses

if it were they'd have cured AIDS by now

Edited by mochi
  • D'oh 1

20 minutes ago, mochi said:

Steve Wozniak apparently had it back in 2019 but the government has forbidden him from getting tested to confirm that that's what he and his wife had

Yeah that's back when I had it. A few other people think the tracking of it is kinda bs now because they're pretty sure it's been going around before the China outbreak. One person I work with went to the doctor for it back then and got the unidentified virus diagnosis.

Guest LytKing
41 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Decades ago, I think James Burke had a segment in one of his shows ("After the Warming", I think) where they interviewed some scientist on a certain plant pollen that was found when digging in the Arctic.  The plant had long since gone extinct, but the question was - could there be any malevolent bacteria that was trapped in the Arctic that could wipe us off the face of the earth, should there be an Arctic meltdown?  Maybe the answer was yes.

And it got blown into the jet stream and just happened to flutter down onto a soup w/ a dead bat in it, in the food market suspiciously close to one of the largest bioweapon labs in China. 

Checks out.

57 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

I'd say it's pretty safe to say that everyone knows at least one person who will die.

you're not the first person i've seen make this statement today. maybe we should make a contest out of it. i'll toss a coin at whoever wins the "most acquaintances killed" contest.

1 minute ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

Yeah that's back when I had it. A few other people think the tracking of it is kinda bs now because they're pretty sure it's been going around before the China outbreak. One person I work with went to the doctor for it back then and got the unidentified virus diagnosis.

considering China was saying the virus didn't exist since at least november we can assume it's already been here for a while, we only know it's here now because china finally admitted it existed and we can now test for it

6 minutes ago, LytKing said:

And it got blown into the jet stream and just happened to flutter down onto a soup w/ a dead bat in it, in the food market suspiciously close to one of the largest bioweapon labs in China. 

Checks out.

'bout as much as China releasing it within their own country.

Our lactation station area in the store is now also the Quarantine Zone. 

I would just rather put a big sign on the doors announcing 'If you are sick, GO HOME. You don't need glitter glue and we don't sell toilet paper' . 

Also...people are stealing the stupid tissue-paper seat liners for the toilets. :|

7 minutes ago, Kehotik said:

I'm in an area where if you're sick, you're to assume you have it and lock yourself in quarantine for 2 weeks. I just got back from the hospital for my crohns and I'm super careful but paranoid too.

I feel your pain, as far as I know Baltimore's not at that point yet but I'm still paranoid

3 minutes ago, mochi said:

I feel your pain, as far as I know Baltimore's not at that point yet but I'm still paranoid

My immune system is supposed to be bad because of my disease and it's meds. I know Odin has crohns too. So I worry for him and his family. 

West Virginia still doesn't have a confirmed case...yet.

All of the surrounding states do, though, so it's only a matter of time. It helps that this place isn't densely populated. That's the only bone I'm going to throw at this area, though.

2 hours ago, ghostrek said:

what you guys  think of  trump's  speech

As ignorant and distraction-laden as I expected.  The only weapon in the Republican arsenal is tax cuts and border closings.  That's it.  That's their response to any and all problems.

Covid19 is here.  Closing the borders to Europe (except the UK! becuz BoJo loves Trump!) won't stop it now.  Refusing to accept kits from the WHO until we can manufacture enough here won't stop it.  Holding classified meetings about what to do won't stop it.  Ordering hospitals to stop testing for it won't stop it.  Ignorance won't stop it, and ignorance is all that's coming out of the White House.  Any hints of intelligence from the CDC gets immediately quashed by the White House.

But hey, keep holding your Trumpista rallys and acting like hygiene is gey.  The more of your idiot voters you kill off before November, the better.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ghostrek said:

what you guys  think of  trump's  speech  

ok  

Yes, the idea of closing off all of non-Anglo-Saxon Europe and making testing free (but maybe not treatment?) totally makes me sure that we're not going to end up dying horribly.

Totally. :| 

9 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Our lactation station area in the store is now also the Quarantine Zone. 

I would just rather put a big sign on the doors announcing 'If you are sick, GO HOME. You don't need glitter glue and we don't sell toilet paper' . 

Also...people are stealing the stupid tissue-paper seat liners for the toilets. :|

My DM called me on my cell phone asking if I had symptoms. That was fun.

4 minutes ago, Poof said:

I have a face mask for my flight tomorrow

My friend hasnt been able to find more masks anywhere tho

+ Ppl who actually need those masks for manual labor work working without them bc of shortages at the store, we really should nationalize everything to do with our threadbare raw skeletal for profit healthcare system so that it can withstand itself actually responding to people's needs when the light is on

Edited by Nabibbles
  • Like 2