SwimOdin

i got  stupid chain text about tom hanks making through so much in his life,

he was a castaway on an isand for 4 years

he spent a year in an airport

he had AIDS in philly

he rescued lt. dan in vietnam

he man it to the moon on an apollo mission

he help saved private ryan in WWII

if he cant survive coronavirus we are all fucked.  

i blocked the number

51 minutes ago, CactusLove said:

did you see the pictures of kids partying for spring break.  i quote one saying, "if i get corona i get corona, i'm not going to let it stop me from partying..."

The worst thing about that is he's either going to die/infect others or he's going to be a Florida state Senator in 15 years and there is no middle ground.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, CactusLove said:

did you see the pictures of kids partying for spring break.  i quote one saying, "if i get corona i get corona, i'm not going to let it stop me from partying..."

17 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

1663340168_TomboftheUnknownDumbass.png.54e486830a818e147c7b6fa2b4452367.png

If I get this I know I'm going to die from it.  So I'd rather not get it.  But the whole thing is seriously shaking what little faith I had in my own bizarre personal belief system. If on the other side of this Trump, and Paul, and the whole host of right wing ghouls whose names are starting to run together, come out unscathed, let alone not dead, then I'll have to accept that there truly is nothing at all to believe in.  Karma ain't gonna get nobody.

How is it possible that Twittler doesn't have this?!  He's been exposed to at least a dozen people who've been carriers now, shaking everyone's hands, crowding around at the center of his daily Festivals of Lies, practically picking his nose on stage.  If even undiscriminating viruses won't mete out justice to these people, nothing ever will.

So either the Universe is utterly random (which still doesn't explain it adequately), or he really is the antichrist.

4 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

If I get this I know I'm going to die from it.  So I'd rather not get it.  But the whole thing is seriously shaking what little faith I had in my own bizarre personal belief system. If on the other side of this Trump, and Paul, and the whole host of right wing ghouls whose names are starting to run together, come out unscathed, let alone not dead, then I'll have to accept that there truly is nothing at all to believe in.  Karma ain't gonna get nobody.

How is it possible that Twittler doesn't have this?!  He's been exposed to at least a dozen people who've been carriers now, shaking everyone's hands, crowding around at the center of his daily Festivals of Lies, practically picking his nose on stage.  If even undiscriminating viruses won't mete out justice to these people, nothing ever will.

So either the Universe is utterly random (which still doesn't explain it adequately), or he really is the antichrist.

Here's the thing.

The only one saying he doesn't have it is really himself. Everyone else is willing to roll with it because they are basically chained to the story that this is still a nothing thing - nothing to see, people are over-reacting, every response has been beautiful and perfect - because otherwise someone will have to change the big diapers after the blow out. Unlike how screaming about a birth certificate for 8 years was completely acceptable, no one seems to be demanding to see his test results from a test that he supposedly took a day after he was saying he didn't have to. 

Based on his mostly sedentary behaviors and obesity, he likely wouldn't notice a decrease in lung capacity. He's known to take large amounts of cold / flu caps so that could tamper down coughing issues. And I doubt he actually stops to taste his Big Macs so the loss of taste and smell wouldn't be an early warning at all. The first inkling anyone outside of the inner circlejerk will have of actual issues will probably be when he doesn't show up for daily briefing because he's 'very busy working on economy issues' . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

At least McConnell, goddammit. I need the universe to at least give me that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

At least McConnell, goddammit. I need the universe to at least give me that.

I could all but guarantee that the turtle has been exposed at least once at this point if not more. The ever so smarter-than-anyone 'doctor' Rand did go on a round of visits and even worked out in the private gym used by all the slugs on the hill while waiting for his test to come back because he didn't believe he could possibly be sick and didn't feel like isolating for the safety of others was necessary. He probably had a nice close and personal chat with any number of people, most of them being in his party. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

you might not even be susceptible

14 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

The only one saying he doesn't have it is really himself.

If he's not in the ICU on a respirator, he might as well not have it since he can keep bloviating from his podium and making it look like there's no problem while thousands are dying.  I'll accept nothing less.

I got a bit of propaganda in the mail today, paid for by us all, headlined "President Trump's Coronavirus Guidelines for America" as if he's the one who thought it all up.  Any such thing in the past would've been called "CDC Guidelines" or "Surgeon General's Guidelines," but Republicans are so fixated on undermining any sort of public trust in expertise or science that such guidelines can now only be handed down from the Mount by the God Emperor of the Fatherland himself.

• Like 2

So .... the major warehouses in the area are shutting down. These are companies we pick up and deliver literally multiple trailers of freight to daily. Some of them are saying they're closing for a few days to do a thorough cleaning, some of them are closed indefinitely.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

If he's not in the ICU on a respirator, he might as well not have it since he can keep bloviating from his podium and making it look like there's no problem while thousands are dying.  I'll accept nothing less.

I got a bit of propaganda in the mail today, paid for by us all, headlined "President Trump's Coronavirus Guidelines for America" as if he's the one who thought it all up.  Any such thing in the past would've been called "CDC Guidelines" or "Surgeon General's Guidelines," but Republicans are so fixated on undermining any sort of public trust in expertise or science that such guidelines can now only be handed down from the Mount by the God Emperor of the Fatherland himself.

If it helps even in the tiniest, if we are all lucky he'll collapse in mid-ramble on a live briefing. That might be the only thing that could happen that would wake up his idiot level base though which might mean their particular brand of stupid would live on for another generation. 

I haven't gotten that yet but I'm sure it's on the way. ND loves it's 'republican first' propaganda. -.-; If you are going to take credit for the things that are being done to try slowing this crap down, then take credit for being the dinks who didn't want to do anything until forced by raising death numbers. 

9 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

I just got this in the mail. I was surprised there wasn't a list of household cleaners I could chug to build up immunity to the coronavirus.

• Haha 2