UnevenEdge

What are you playing?

BloodHawk1991

• 1 month later...

Just started getting into Tales of games. I played Xillia years ago, but I got Vesparia and Zestiria on sale recently.

Vesparia is definitely the better of the two with how the combat and story work well, and how Yuri has some fun banter with the other characters.

I can tell Zestiria will eventually sour on me, but so far, I’m having a good time with it. It’s sloppy in its combat system and narrative, but I enjoy Sorey and Mikleo’s chemistry a lot. Maybe they’ll be able to salvage it. 

• 1 month later...

SMT V is coming in the mail soon, but I’m almost done with Tales of Zestiria. How have I never learned about this game until now?

It’s jank as hell in a kusoge sorta way, but I love the characters and the juxtaposition between the fantasy setting and the campy, irreverent tone. It being the first game I’ve played where your main dude has a twink bf by default is also a bonus. 

image.jpeg.a4bd77335c870d3dc49572614c039322.jpeg

I need to get into more of these Tales games. I’ll probably alternate between Vesparia and SMT V for the next month or so. 

I have a couple backlog games like AI and The Witcher 3, but I’ll likely have to chip away at those once I get the motivation. 

• 3 weeks later...

SMT V and the Demon Slayer PS5 game have been taking up a lot of my time lately. 

I might pop back into Valkyrie Chronicles 1 or 4 since I’m burnt out on the two Tales games I’ve been playing. 

I got Jump Force during Black Friday and so far, I don’t hate it. It plays better than Eyes of Heaven and has a decent roster. It’s definitely a sloppy kusoge, but it scratches a weird itch. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally beat Final Fantasy IX last week. Got back to fucking around on Slay the Spire. 

Also started up Ganbare Goemon: Kirakira Dōchū: Boku ga Dancer ni Natta Wake with my bro last night, will probably finish it up over the next couple weeks since he'll be over a few times.

• 1 month later...

Just finished SMT V. The story could’ve been a little more developed, but I loved the combat and still enjoyed what they gave us for the story.

It was a refreshing experience because video games have become so focused on telling stories that the gameplay tends to be the worst part of the experience.

It’s been a while since I approached an RPG and loved the combat enough that I’m not only happy with grinding, but wouldn’t mind hopping into New Game + to see what I can clear out. 

It was sobering to absolutely love the gameplay and have my only demerit against the game being that I’d like to learn more about the characters.

All of this sounds like dick riding, but I really needed this game after going through a number of games that I’d rather watch than play. 

12 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

As far as what’s after this, Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Neo: TWEWY are next up.

Maybe I’ll try to squeeze in a fighting game story mode or finish games in my backlog like Famicom Detective Club or Fire Emblem. 

I really liked that one

I've recently been sucked back into the Binding of Issac... so much so that I spent $35 on the last 2 DLC's

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wayy too many right now

Embr- The special item missions are killing me

Infernax- Amazballs

Madden '22- I needed a sports game to hold me over until The Show comes out.. Not sure what I'm doing, I thought I was in a career type mode but aside from my stats it just keeps groundhog day'ing the season

Binding of Isaac- There's soooooooo much

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been grinding on Guilty Gear Strive and having a blast with Baiken and Testament.

Was trying out Bridget again cause I used to main her in X2, but I miss when you could remote control Roger to have sawblades while you’re combo-ing. 

I also got Elden Ring recently. I’m not usually a big fan of the SoulsBorne games, but this clicked in a big way for me. I like the kind of strategy I can get from firing magic and dodging as a Mage vs. trying to slash and strafe my way through an almost certain demise. 

I’ve had Pokémon Arceus on hand for a while, but never popped it in til this weekend. I’m having a pretty good time with this one as well. Still early in the game so I don’t have too much info. 

Yakuza 7 and Tales of Arise are still in my backlog. Made some progress in Yakuza, but I’ve been sitting on Arise for a while. 

Elden Ring.  I hit the halfway point,

Spoiler

vanquishing the Starscourge Rahdan by ordering around everyone else to do it while I sat back and fired a goddamn handheld ballista at him and his tiny horse.  And yet I still feel with all the leveling that I’m made of tissue paper.  So off to more side quests before I raid the capital.

Edited by Jman

Playing Elden Ring...but probably not for much longer.  At the halfway point of the game, and people have specifically, SPECIFICALLY warned about this, the game goes from punishing but fair to a complete fucking slog that is just unfair on so many levels.  It's not about "gitting gud", it's not about reflexes, it's about the fact that every fucking enemy WILL kill you in one shot and you have no recourse whatsoever.  Most Souls game, and arguably the beauty of the genre, is that they are punishing but what makes them work is that everyone, friend and foe alike, plays by the same rules.  Elden Ring, YOU'RE made of tissue paper, but everyone else has insane tanking damage and will kill you if you fuck up even slightly.  I've been comparing it to my job hunt, which is a clear signal that as pretty as looks and as fun as the first half of the game was, continuing to play it will only cause me ulcers and want to punch my neighbors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 10:57 PM, Jman said:

Cyberpunk 2077.  Yeah, I got it because of Edgerunners.  But on a PS5, with two years worth of patches, I’m having fun.  Probably due for more upgrades after this mission admittedly.

It better than I expected fo' sho

.... who did you bang? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The other night i had like 20 minutes before bed and was all internetted out for the night.

Didnt want to start up a game that id get wrapped up in right before i had to stop.

Remembered the good ol' days of dial-up internet and Maxis pinball.

So i go on steam and get myself a free pinball game.

Its fun.

There's all kinds of tables to play, AvP, Jurassic Park, LOTR... they all cost money though, only one free table.

But its fun enough to blow a handful of minutes on.

Playing the same games that I was in October, but I got Sonic Frontiers during Black Friday. I might get tired of it at some point, but I really enjoy how they pulled off the open world hubs and traveling about on rails. Giving Sonic an acceleration button like he’s a sports car is a game changer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i started playing South Park: The Stick of Truth when I got my PS4. I've been stuck at the part where Randy is teaching you how to use this squeaky fart thing that you can move until it's behind your opponent...or something. Will play again this weekend.

• 1 month later...