UnevenEdge

What are you playing?

BloodHawk1991

15 hours ago, Ric said:

I'm finally playing Earthbound.

I thought about getting that a few times and in the meantime an Ultimate version got announced so now I'll wait for that.

If you pre-order Ultimate on the Playstation Store, you actually get the download for vanilla WO4 with it.

So if you're sure you're gonna get Ultimate when it comes out (and if you're okay with buying digital), pre-ordering it actually isn't a terrible option (for once).

Dunno if this applies to the Steam or Switch versions as well. I'd hope it does, because it'd be really stupid if it didn't.

Edited by TrigunBebop
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, Ric said:

The only thing really shitty about it was so many of the dungeon areas have the exact same layout. Story and character-wise I found it to be better than Origins in ways. And it being more actiony didn't bother me.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:34 PM, Fortnite Guy Keanu Reeves said:

The DA trilogy is definitely one of my favorite game series.

That said though, I've played Origins too many times to where I get sick of playing it. When it comes to DA2, I like it but the replayability is pretty low considering it has a pretty fixed outcome. I really do like the narrative with Hawke trying to look out for his family, losing almost all of them (or all of them) over the course of the game, the characters and the overall story is the main reason why I find a will to play DA2. First play through was male warrior Hawke, and I think I romanced the elf girl Merrill. I like Merrill, and will choose her over other fem choices since she's the better choice, but she gets pretty damn annoying, and the sheer stupidity of her decisions definitely tries my patience. My favorite way to play DA2 is as a fem mage Hawke, Carver being the one that survives. I like the character dynamic of that one, where his sister is an apostate and he chooses to join the templars, and then the relationship between fem Hawke and Anders, considering what he does at the end of the game.

And then there's DAI, which I really like despite how a lot of people feel. Though I find it the harder one to get into since it requires a lot more time investment. My first playthrough of DAO was like 25 hours, same for DA2, but by spamming the shit out of the killallhostiles command I save roughly 10-15 hours in each game. With DAI though even when using trainers to enable 1 hit kill I'm still spending at least 30 hours in the hinterlands alone.

So I got around to playing 2. It wasnt at all like I was told. I dont know how you picked Merrill .... she really kinda got on my nerves ... and all the elves look kinda weird. 

Miiight go back and play another playthrough since I have Inquisition for the 360 and can't fucking play it on Xbox One. 

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

So I got around to playing 2. It wasnt at all like I was told. I dont know how you picked Merrill .... she really kinda got on my nerves ... and all the elves look kinda weird. 

Miiight go back and play another playthrough since I have Inquisition for the 360 and can't fucking play it on Xbox One. 

Wasn't like what you were told in a good way or a bad way? 

And that's true about elves in the game. In Dao they pretty much cheaped out on designing character models. Dwarves had down scaled bodies, Qunari were literally the human body model just scaled up they didn't even have horns in the first game, elves were the same body model as well, their limbs stretched slightly. The second game improved on that but elves took a big hit, especially since by default some look green or even blue, I had to use a mod to change that. Even still most of the elves in that one looked weird. Merrill and that one elf lady in the prologue that you can choose to work for were some of the few good modeled ones. Honestly if given the choice I'd have romanced that elf lady over Merrill. 

As far as relationships in the game go, from what I remember male Hawke has the choice of a literal whore that was treated by Anders for an STD, and Merrill whose a much nicer and better person, but her writing can be so fking stupid, especially when it comes to blood magic and that demon. My first playthrough I ended up killing her entire clan because of her, fortunately I was able to reload and choose a different dialogue option. I don't remember if you can romance guard captain lady but even if I could, even with the mods to make her look better, I wouldn't. Fem Hawke's options I believe is Anders, brooding elf guy, and then that DLC priestly guy. Anders being the best option. 

2 hours ago, Fortnite Guy Keanu Reeves said:

Wasn't like what you were told in a good way or a bad way? 

And that's true about elves in the game. In Dao they pretty much cheaped out on designing character models. Dwarves had down scaled bodies, Qunari were literally the human body model just scaled up they didn't even have horns in the first game, elves were the same body model as well, their limbs stretched slightly. The second game improved on that but elves took a big hit, especially since by default some look green or even blue, I had to use a mod to change that. Even still most of the elves in that one looked weird. Merrill and that one elf lady in the prologue that you can choose to work for were some of the few good modeled ones. Honestly if given the choice I'd have romanced that elf lady over Merrill. 

As far as relationships in the game go, from what I remember male Hawke has the choice of a literal whore that was treated by Anders for an STD, and Merrill whose a much nicer and better person, but her writing can be so fking stupid, especially when it comes to blood magic and that demon. My first playthrough I ended up killing her entire clan because of her, fortunately I was able to reload and choose a different dialogue option. I don't remember if you can romance guard captain lady but even if I could, even with the mods to make her look better, I wouldn't. Fem Hawke's options I believe is Anders, brooding elf guy, and then that DLC priestly guy. Anders being the best option. 

Well somebody told me DA II was poop and to skip it. 

I actually thought the elf lady at the beginning looked weird too. She was the first one I was like ... wtf happened to you?! Merrill and Fenris are the only ones that dont look so bad. I usually play lesbian first but ... I forgot to talk to Isabella in the first part of the game 

... and then I was trying to figure out... well I was hoping she was wearing pants/stockings/ tights actually. Other than her lack of pants she didnt bother me. I think you could probably flirt with Aveline but I dont think you could romance her. I didnt go for Fenris because I was a mage and I was like... well this isnt going to work ... unlike romancing Cullen in Inquisition 

• 3 weeks later...

I got tired of working on my pokedex in Shield a couple weeks ago so I switched to playing

Pokemon Sword.  I've played it a lot the last couple days.  I'm about ready to face the third gym

and I've spent a lot of time working on my pokedex.  Now I'm up to 78 pokemon caught.

Also I've been playing a lot of Tetris 99 ever since I got Nintendo Online.  it's such a good game.

It's been keeping me distracted while I'm slowly going crazy waiting for Animal Crossing New Horizons.

All the tweets about it on twitter haven't been helping.

Im stumbling my way through DA Inquisition but my sister made me download Dauntless so Im gonna give that a try. Technically I gave the tutorial a try last night but I had to take a phone call ... and the tutorial monster fucked me up good while I thought I paused it so ... Imma just start over. 

4 hours ago, Vamped said:

Im stumbling my way through DA Inquisition but my sister made me download Dauntless so Im gonna give that a try. Technically I gave the tutorial a try last night but I had to take a phone call ... and the tutorial monster fucked me up good while I thought I paused it so ... Imma just start over. 

DAI seems to be a mixed bag for a lot of people. When it comes to the DA series, for some reason people treat DAO like it's the holy grail. I liked it, but it isn't that great. DA2 I like, but I find it has very limited replayability because the narrative they decided to go with. I still like and have replayed it many times, but it's a thing where most of my playthroughs are pretty identical. DAI I like because you finally see the results of all your choices, and the character narrative is stronger I'd say.

For some reason I want to go through and play Mass Effect Andromeda.... I love the trilogy, but that game has a lot wrong with it... but it's still a Mass Effect game and I really want to finish it. My first playthrough I got very far into but I fell so far behind due to ignoring it for a long time to where when I wanted to get into it again I had no clue at all what I was doing and where I was in the story, so I started a new game but didn't get far.

19 minutes ago, I am the Senate said:

DAI seems to be a mixed bag for a lot of people. When it comes to the DA series, for some reason people treat DAO like it's the holy grail. I liked it, but it isn't that great. DA2 I like, but I find it has very limited replayability because the narrative they decided to go with. I still like and have replayed it many times, but it's a thing where most of my playthroughs are pretty identical. DAI I like because you finally see the results of all your choices, and the character narrative is stronger I'd say.

For some reason I want to go through and play Mass Effect Andromeda.... I love the trilogy, but that game has a lot wrong with it... but it's still a Mass Effect game and I really want to finish it. My first playthrough I got very far into but I fell so far behind due to ignoring it for a long time to where when I wanted to get into it again I had no clue at all what I was doing and where I was in the story, so I started a new game but didn't get far.

Ive finished DA Inquisition before. I just dont remember it being so ... long and having the grind so much. Its starting to feel like Andromeda to me. 

19 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Ive finished DA Inquisition before. I just dont remember it being so ... long and having the grind so much. Its starting to feel like Andromeda to me. 

I've played through DAO and DA2 around half a dozen times each, but I've only beaten DAI 2 or 3 times at the most, that one definitely requires so much more time to sink into it.

DAO and DA2 if played normally take around 25 hours each for me, that said though you're getting swarmed every 5 steps with wave after wave of enemies... spamming the killallhostiles command every encounter quite literally has saved me 15 hours in each game, able to beat them in 10 each.

As for DAI when I do play it, from what I remember I can't do that with console commands, so I'll always use a trainer so I can do 1 hit kills. I do like Bioware's games but it's so very irritating how much of a grind they can be. Whenever I play Mass Effect 2 & 3 I edit the game files for weapons, giving the assault rifle near perfect accuracy, and changing the damage from ~25 per shot, to something like 250 per shot, with larger ammo clip and reserves. I'm not playing the games the way they're meant to be played, but it's a life saver, since otherwise I probably wouldn't want to play them anymore.

37 minutes ago, I am the Senate said:

I've played through DAO and DA2 around half a dozen times each, but I've only beaten DAI 2 or 3 times at the most, that one definitely requires so much more time to sink into it.

DAO and DA2 if played normally take around 25 hours each for me, that said though you're getting swarmed every 5 steps with wave after wave of enemies... spamming the killallhostiles command every encounter quite literally has saved me 15 hours in each game, able to beat them in 10 each.

As for DAI when I do play it, from what I remember I can't do that with console commands, so I'll always use a trainer so I can do 1 hit kills. I do like Bioware's games but it's so very irritating how much of a grind they can be. Whenever I play Mass Effect 2 & 3 I edit the game files for weapons, giving the assault rifle near perfect accuracy, and changing the damage from ~25 per shot, to something like 250 per shot, with larger ammo clip and reserves. I'm not playing the games the way they're meant to be played, but it's a life saver, since otherwise I probably wouldn't want to play them anymore.

I dont mind the gameplay so much in ME2 and DA2 feels better to play. I actually felt like I was making a difference as a mage in DA 2 

Inquisition is getting real annoying. I usually cycle through all the playthroughs to get all the romances .... I am not gonna make it in Inquisiton. Plus it doesn't import all the saves I made from Origins and DA2 so Im a little annoyed

3 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I dont mind the gameplay so much in ME2 and DA2 feels better to play. I actually felt like I was making a difference as a mage in DA 2 

Inquisition is getting real annoying. I usually cycle through all the playthroughs to get all the romances .... I am not gonna make it in Inquisiton. Plus it doesn't import all the saves I made from Origins and DA2 so Im a little annoyed

ME2 I can play without doing anything to change it up, I do it more so to do the game faster. With DA2 I found that there's really only 2 differing ways to play the game, as non-mage Hawke, and mage Hawke. I prefer playing fem mage Hawke, with your brother Carver leaving to join the templars.

play DAI but don't want to go through the first 2 games first I can use that to essentially create whatever story I want to follow along with.

Fester's Quest, yeah file this one under games that I love that most people hate. Right now I'm struggling to beat the first boss, it's been decades since I last played this game. 

I've also been playing Spectre a hidden gem of a game on the SNES

Edited by Kudasai

5 hours ago, Kudasai said:

Right now I'm struggling to be the first boss

I suppose if you become him you would learn how to defeat him.

I like the game as well, with just a little more polish and less bullshit it could've been considered a classic.

On 3/12/2020 at 1:52 AM, Ric said:

I suppose if you become him you would learn how to defeat him.

I like the game as well, with just a little more polish and less bullshit it could've been considered a classic.

Checkpoints and a password system I think could've made this game a lot better

A couple weeks ago I decided to start playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to infinity

to see if I liked the series.  When I first bought it a couple years ago, I got stuck early on

and abandoned it.  Now I've beaten the first four bosses so I'm more than halfway through the game.

At some point, I'll buy the new Mystery Dungeon game but not for a long time.  Once I buy the new

Animal Crossing game on Friday that will keep me busy for several months.

Edited by blueraven1999

I started playing Animal Crossing New Horizons today.  I named my town Hillvalley.

It's too bad there's a character limit.  I wanted to name my town Hill Valley but it didn't fit.

I've played it for hours already.  Blathers is going to move in tomorrow so I'll be able to make a tool that I can't today.

• 2 weeks later...

Still having fun playing Animal Crossing New Horizons.  I've played it at least 130 hours already according to my Switch.

Great game.  Wish there was diving for deep sea creatures and Tortimer's Island like New Leaf.  I don't like paid DLC but if those things

existed for it and it was cheap like $30 or less, I'd buy it.  Even though I hate roads since I was bored, I decided to finally start making roads.

Also bought another plot so I can have my tenth villager.  I've been looking for a cute squirrel or cub villager with no luck so far.

I'd also take another cat if it's cute or if it's Kiki since we share the same birthday.  Also sometimes but hardly ever, I'm also playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Gates to Infinity.  Only played it twice since I started playing ACNH but I got through one dungeon and beat a boss yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a PS4 with stimulus money (I'm sure that won't come back to bite me in the ass) and whoo, Kingdom Hearts is mega on sale. Already played through everything in 1.5 and 2.5 final mix whatever, pre "final", maybe I'll go back to it some day for the actual added goodies. But for now, I start on 0.2. And damn, I hadn't realized just how much I missed this.

• panic pinned this topic