UnevenEdge

What are you playing?

BloodHawk1991

2 hours ago, Kudasai said:

After playing Castle of Illusion I must say that I prefer the Magical Quest over this game Hey @Ric did you manage to puck a Genesis mini yet?

I did, haven't opened it yet.

So did you hack it already? I haven't looked into that yet. 

Edited by Ric

Just now, Kudasai said:

From what I've heard people are working on it to see if you load games on it but nothing has officially been announced yet

Hopefully soon. With you on your sports games, from what I hear Genesis was better than SNES. I only played Mutant League Hockey/Football.

I opened the Genesis yesterday and messed around on it, didn't beat any of the games yet but played:
Alisia Dragoon, Contra: Hard Corps, Street Fighter(just to see how bad it is with only 3 buttons), Strider, and Thunder Force III. 

Definitely the worst way I've played SFII but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:53 AM, Ric said:

I opened the Genesis yesterday and messed around on it, didn't beat any of the games yet but played:
Alisia Dragoon, Contra: Hard Corps, Street Fighter(just to see how bad it is with only 3 buttons), Strider, and Thunder Force III. 

Definitely the worst way I've played SFII but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either.

I played a lot of fighting games on the Genesis back in the day using the three button controller. It didn't really bother mostly because I always keep the controller setting on punch because that was always my preferred basic attack move

7 hours ago, Kudasai said:

I played a lot of fighting games on the Genesis back in the day using the three button controller. It didn't really bother mostly because I always keep the controller setting on punch because that was always my preferred basic attack move

I had a 3-button controller at some point but by the time we had Super Street Fighter II on Genesis we had six button controllers. We only rented the MK games so I didn't play them enough to remember what controller I used for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

After Fire Emblem Three Houses came out I played that game for well over 100 hours, clearing the first path of Black Eagle house, and then Blue Lions, and I'm almost done with part 1 in the Golden Deer route but I burnt myself out on the game because I played it that way. I've played it once and awhile since then, but for over a month now I've been focusing on other games.

After that I started a new game of Metal Gear Solid V TPP, I never finished it years ago, so I started a new game but only got to around the halfway point.

When I bought my 2080 Super it came with a key for the new Modern Warfare, I played some of the campaign, it's alright I guess, but still just another call of duty.

And then I got The Outer Worlds, and I love that game. It took me around 22 hours to finish it, although it bummed me out cause I wanted it to keep going on, that's how good it was. Really hoping they do story expansion DLC if not a full on sequel at some point.

And with TOW done, I'm kind of in a drift, where I'm not sure what I want to play next. I'm not quite ready to pick up FE 3H's again. I ended up starting up a new game in Bioshock Infinite, I bought it on Steam many years ago but played barely even an hour of it back then (I already beat it once in the past on the PS3). Not sure if I'll play through BI or just play it until I decide on something else.

Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, Kudasai said:

Yoshi's Island, now the reason why I'm playing this game for the billionth time is because I'm going for 💯% completion which I hear is very hard to do in this game so challenge accepted.

Some of those bonus levels are a bitch, good luck.

I played a number of Genesis games 2 player on New Years Eve: Captain America and the Avengers, Ghouls n' Ghosts, Micro Machines, Road Rash 2, Sonic Spinball. I really suck at Sonic Spinball now, just barely beat the first level.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Some of those bonus levels are a bitch, good luck.

I played a number of Genesis games 2 player on New Years Eve: Captain America and the Avengers, Ghouls n' Ghosts, Micro Machines, Road Rash 2, Sonic Spinball. I really suck at Sonic Spinball now, just barely beat the first level.

It didn't take long for me to have problems doing this😡

7 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I picked up and finished a playthrough of Dragon Age Origins I started like 5 years ago.

>.> 

Shit went left so quick I saw some whole new cutscenes and scenarios I wasnt aware of XD

The DA trilogy is definitely one of my favorite game series.

That said though, I've played Origins too many times to where I get sick of playing it. When it comes to DA2, I like it but the replayability is pretty low considering it has a pretty fixed outcome. I really do like the narrative with Hawke trying to look out for his family, losing almost all of them (or all of them) over the course of the game, the characters and the overall story is the main reason why I find a will to play DA2. First play through was male warrior Hawke, and I think I romanced the elf girl Merrill. I like Merrill, and will choose her over other fem choices since she's the better choice, but she gets pretty damn annoying, and the sheer stupidity of her decisions definitely tries my patience. My favorite way to play DA2 is as a fem mage Hawke, Carver being the one that survives. I like the character dynamic of that one, where his sister is an apostate and he chooses to join the templars, and then the relationship between fem Hawke and Anders, considering what he does at the end of the game.

And then there's DAI, which I really like despite how a lot of people feel. Though I find it the harder one to get into since it requires a lot more time investment. My first playthrough of DAO was like 25 hours, same for DA2, but by spamming the shit out of the killallhostiles command I save roughly 10-15 hours in each game. With DAI though even when using trainers to enable 1 hit kill I'm still spending at least 30 hours in the hinterlands alone.

I've really been thinking about replaying the Mass Effect trilogy again. I try to do so every year or two, and I'd say I'm due for another go. The annoying part though is because I go so long between playthroughs, typically I've did clean installs of windows in that big gap of time, so because of that it's an annoying task of reinstalling all my mods for the games. ME3 being the one I especially find annoying to mod since I have to work around the origins launcher.

My very first playthrough was male Shep and I romanced the hell out of Tali. Second playthrough was as femshep and I romanced the hell out of my space bro Garrus. The last playthrough I remember was as femshep and I think I went full lesb in that playthrough and romanced Traynor in ME3.

If I play the game through again I'd likely do male shep so I can be with Tali, the problem with that though as many people know, fem Shep (voiced by Jennifer Hale) is best shep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortnite Guy Keanu Reeves said:

I've really been thinking about replaying the Mass Effect trilogy again. I try to do so every year or two, and I'd say I'm due for another go. The annoying part though is because I go so long between playthroughs, typically I've did clean installs of windows in that big gap of time, so because of that it's an annoying task of reinstalling all my mods for the games. ME3 being the one I especially find annoying to mod since I have to work around the origins launcher.

My very first playthrough was male Shep and I romanced the hell out of Tali. Second playthrough was as femshep and I romanced the hell out of my space bro Garrus. The last playthrough I remember was as femshep and I think I went full lesb in that playthrough and romanced Traynor in ME3.

If I play the game through again I'd likely do male shep so I can be with Tali, the problem with that though as many people know, fem Shep (voiced by Jennifer Hale) is best shep.

Ive replayed Mass Effect too recently. I actually only popped in DA because I can't find the first disc to ME 2 and it wont load without it. I always play lesbian first .... except in DA 

I didn't play DA2. Someone told me it was shitty so I went straight into Inquisition. I want to play Inquisition now but a lot of my games are still in storage and Im not paying for it again =_=

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

I didn't play DA2. Someone told me it was shitty so I went straight into Inquisition. I want to play Inquisition now but a lot of my games are still in storage and Im not paying for it again =_=

The only thing really shitty about it was so many of the dungeon areas have the exact same layout. Story and character-wise I found it to be better than Origins in ways. And it being more actiony didn't bother me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ric said:

The only thing really shitty about it was so many of the dungeon areas have the exact same layout. Story and character-wise I found it to be better than Origins in ways. And it being more actiony didn't bother me.

Ill probably get around to giving it a shot, theres nothing really out now that I want to play. I want to finish RE2 but I think Im legit waiting until my stress is down a bit .... maybe after graduation 

• 2 weeks later...

Just beat Harvest Moon, apparently I need to try harder when it comes to ranch development:|

I'll give this game another playthrough in the future hopefully with better results but right now I'm just glad I'm finally finished with this so I can move on to other things

Edited by Kudasai

I finally got back into Fire Emblem Three Houses after putting it off for many months now.

Each route of the game is roughly 50 hours of gameplay, and back when I got it I flew through the Black Eagle and Blue Lions route, and got a little under halfway through the Golden Deer route before I burnt myself out big time with the game.

Finally got back into it and finished the GD house, now I just have to do the BE house again but go the other route at the halfway point.

One thing I didn't like about doing the GD house, having played through the BL before it, aside from cutscenes and dialogue obviously being different, it did annoy me very much so that the grand majority of that route is identical to the Blue Lions one, the difference only really showed itself after you defeat Edelgard and then go after those who slither in the dark, that being something that's only mentioned happening in the epilogue for the last 2 routes. Also learning the origin behind crests and stuff, and dealing with Nemesis, and also talking to Rhea again made the route feel more complete than the other 2 I played. I really didn't like how things were handled with Edelgard and Dimitri in this route, especially Dimitri who just dies off screen somewhere. And then when you defeat Edel, it playing a cinematic of you finishing her off. I was really hoping there could be one route in this game where all three house leaders can survive.

I finally decided to buy Nintendo Online so I was playing a lot of Tetris 99 today.

Great game.  I did better than I thought I would.  I was mostly getting around 50th or at best around 25th,

but after playing for a long time I got 13th.  It was a fluke though.  Not many people were attacking me.

Edited by blueraven1999

I went back to playing Pokemon Shield.  I'm in the middle of the after story and still working on my pokedex.

Currently I have 239 pokemon in my pokedex so far.  Now that I have Nintendo Online I was able to join in a Max Raid and caught Alcremie.

Haven't traded any pokemon with anyone yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Edited by blueraven1999

• panic pinned this topic