UnevenEdge

What are you playing?

BloodHawk1991

5 hours ago, Kudasai said:

Just beat The Flintestones: Treasure of Sierra Madrock, I was suprised how short that game was. How disappointing :(

Yeah I played it co-op a couple years ago and when the game ended we were like, that's it?

On 4/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, discolemonade said:

just finished ff7. loved it. the game play was something to get used to. but the graphics are beautiful.

Also came here to post this. But different reaction. The ending kinda ruined the entire game for me. Gameplay was ok, some fights felt needlessly frustrating if you didn't catch onto the gimmick (or if you weren't properly equipped for it).

Looked great, think I ended up hating what they did with the story. I just want to load up the original now to cleanse my palate.

Ok, so I did that, and it's kinda a jarring experience. Much less text and exposition, so that was pretty nice in the remake. Can't really complain at areas being more fully fleshed out. I don't totally think the remake needed to add in the extra "non-canon" chapters and stuff. It's kinda surprising how well the scenery and artwork really holds up from the old PS1 game. Field sprites, tho. Oof. I should probably be playing this on a much smaller tv now. I can just about count the pixels in the long shots.

For future reference, it takes about 2 hours to get from game start to Wall Market.

Edited by rpgamer

i just tried shadow of the colossus. although the visual is beautiful and minimalist, i do not like the game play. 

the horse is hard to control, and trying to jump and climb, specifically the 3rd battle is impossible. 

it really is a shame because i wanted to play this, and then attempt 'the last guardian'~ which was also a fail for me. :(

For the last 15 days I've been focused on my OSRS addiction.

When it comes to the game I usually have periods of a many months straight where I don't feel like playing it, but when the urge hits me I'll play it religiously for several weeks to a month or so straight, I'm at the start of my 3rd week in this, hence why I've been absent from here.

My stats as of today,

673504988_osrs2020.PNG.22933cde8809bccc287c7f86758f1911.PNG

I haven't really gotten my combat skills up that much since I left off several months back. I got my strength up once, my magic up 2 or 3 levels, ranged up once and that was it. As far as melee skills go, once I get defense to 81 I'm very likely gonna stop training melee for the foreseeable future since range and magic dominate the game.

As far as other skills, I got 99 cooking back in my second month on the account, back in the day I was never able to get a 99 skill, I got to the halfway point with woodcutting (lvl 92), so this time around I went for a skill that was easily obtainable. As for prayer I got that one several months ago in my last big osrs binge, that cost like 150-200 mil in dragon bones. Runecrafting I got from 57 to 66 and I do plan on getting to at least 75 with it so that I can use the giant pouches from the abyss, to make some absolute killer profit from rcing. Construction I only level up as required for quests.

Agility I made a big jump in, from 60 to 69 (nice), I spent a good amount of time doing the Kandarin hard diary since it speeds up that training as well as gives me more marks of grace. I got around crafting lvls, to 70 as required for the Monkey Madness 2, which I fucking loathed doing but was very rewarding and worth it, especially since it unlocks a real nice training area for magic. Fletching is a skill I intend on getting to 99 at some point since it's an easy on to obtain. Slayer and hunter I only do as needed for achievements or quests. I got my mining and smithing up a fair amount. Farming I've spent several millions on getting to 70, it required for a few hard achievement diaries, I'm so glad to be done with it for the foreseeable future. When it comes to thieving that's the one I started focusing on since the other day, I'm doing so much to boost it since it has the potential to net 1.4mil per hour profit. I spent so long getting all the requirements to do the Ardougne hard diary which increases successful pickpocket rate by 10%, I went and got full rogues den outfit which when worn always gives you double loot, and I'm doing this one stupid farming minigame since a reward gives you something that makes pickpocketing master farmers very profitable.

As far as quests go, I've done so many over the last 2 weeks, I have 234 of 266 quest points, to the point where I'm considering going for the quest cape, but I'm hesitant on that since two grandmaster difficulty quests Dragon Slayer 2 and Song of the Elves I fucking loathe the idea of doing because how difficult the are, I died like a dozen times to Monkey Madness 2 and lost around 16mil to that quest, so I'm not looking forward to doing those 2. And supposedly next month or so they'll be releasing a new grandmaster difficulty quest.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kudasai said:

Just beat Super Ghouls N' Ghosts again. I still maintain that this game isn't as difficult as people have made it out to be.

I agree. Most people pick up the game, play it for 10 minutes and say it's too hard.

As for games I've played the last couple weeks after I finished Persona 5 Royal. 

Mystical Fighter
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Tournament Fighters(SNES)
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
X-Men 2: Clone Wars

12 hours ago, Soma said:

I agree. Most people pick up the game, play it for 10 minutes and say it's too hard.

As for games I've played the last couple weeks after I finished Persona 5 Royal. 

Mystical Fighter
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Tournament Fighters(SNES)
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
X-Men 2: Clone Wars

Contra 3, Gradius 3, Super R Type, Nosferatu, Plok, The Jetsons: Invasion of the Planet Pirates, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, Pirates of Dark Water, Prince of Persia

These are SNES games that are way harder than Super Ghouls and Ghosts

I more or less missed out on the PS3, beyond a couple of earlier games. Went and bought myself one and I'm trying to build a library of the best games. 

So far I have the following, but will happily take suggestions:

• -Resistance: Fall of Man
  • -Resistance 2
  • Resistance 3
  • Killzone Trilogy
  • Jak and Daxter Collection
  • Zone of Enders Collection
  • Dragonball Z Budokai HD Collection
  • Dante's Inferno
  • Bayonetta
  • LA Noire
  • God of War 1 & 2
  • God of War 3
  • Stranglehold
  • ICO/Shadow of Colossus 
  • The Lord of the Rings Conquest
  • Demon Souls

We have the Uncharted games, as well. 

1 hour ago, GunStarHero said:

I more or less missed out on the PS3, beyond a couple of earlier games. Went and bought myself one and I'm trying to build a library of the best games. 

So far I have the following, but will happily take suggestions: 

You have a lot of good ones already but I have a few.

Binary Domain
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Sleeping Dogs
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 
Spec Ops: The Line
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanquish

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Soma said:

You have a lot of good ones already but I have a few.

Binary Domain
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Sleeping Dogs
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 
Spec Ops: The Line
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanquish

I have Spec Ops and Sleeping Dogs on other systems but thank you for the rest of the suggestions. I'll look into them! 

• 2 weeks later...

200cc is the best thing to happen to Mario Kart in a long time. Finally, a race mode that feels satisfying solo. Still a few tracks that felt a little easy somehow, but all of them felt like a high degree of skill was required, and I feel I'm better at the game for having cleared them all.

Mirror mode feels a bit strange now. Maybe it's just that I never managed to get super familiar with any of the tracks to begin with. Not really any moments where I catch myself expecting to turn one way but get caught by the mirror'd. Mostly just want to wrap up gold in everything here so I can go do my final ultimate 48-track 200cc marathon.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:26 PM, GunStarHero said:

I have Spec Ops and Sleeping Dogs on other systems but thank you for the rest of the suggestions. I'll look into them! 

I know this is a month old, but if you haven't bought it and are still interested, Binary Domain is $3 on Steam.

I've been playing Persona 4 Golden since it came out on PC. Just got to the new dungeon.

I was going to try and get all achievements, but I missed stuff and won't want to New Game+ immediately.

4 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

I know this is a month old, but if you haven't bought it and are still interested, Binary Domain is $3 on Steam.

I've been playing Persona 4 Golden since it came out on PC. Just got to the new dungeon.

I was going to try and get all achievements, but I missed stuff and won't want to New Game+ immediately.

I appreciate it all the same! 

I've been playing a bunch of different games, First up Super Baseball 2020 which is easliy one of the best baseball games on the SNES. The Second game is the Flinstones on Sega Genesis. This game is on the difficult side but it's still better than Treasue of Sirrera Madrock on SNES. And finally Aladdin on Genesis, Good game but I still prefer the SNES version, I know that's probably and unpopular opinion but I've got my reasons.

• panic pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

A little more than half way through Assassin's Creed Black Flag. 

Had to stop the main mission and go plunder and loot because I need to upgrade my ship. 

I'm on the naval mission where I have to free the African prisoners, and that ship keeps whipping my ass. So much so, that the game prompted me to go try some other shit. 

Haven't played in a week. Might fire it back up tomorrow. Trying to get through all the Assassin's Creed games.

For the last couple months been playing osrs almost religiously, but the burn out has finally set in, allowing me to move on to other things. Problem though is I played osrs so long where it's very hard to decide on what to play next. Messed around a bit with Saints Row 3, before deciding to have another round with the Mass Effect series.

I typically skip the first one whenever I play through them to save me 20-25 hours, and since gameplay mechanics wise I think it aged horribly. Whenever I skip ME1 I usually just download a save online and then use a save game editor to make all the choices I would have made. Going on to ME2 and probably ME3 after if I can complete this playthrough. I still want to playthrough and beat Andromeda to see what happens, but for the life of me I just can't.

Needed a new Switch game. Looking for something on the "short iteration cycle" side. Discovered N++.

Holy shit, I remember enjoying the original Flash game. Never knew it turned into a little franchise. Loving how, three games in, and the gameplay has not changed a bit. Pretty much exactly how it was in Flash. It's like a platformer distilled to its purest elements, and deviation would just result in something lesser.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...