UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

I wish the other manager would stop trying to punish my team.

So this was yesterday, i get in at noon, and the other leader says one of my team members didn't finish an assigned task from the night before.

Well, I wasn't there that night, but I know how absolutely insane it's been lately and I can see how that would be something they'd have to leave for the next morning in order to get out on time and not end up accidentally scooping up OT. It's so understandable it's practically standard.

Well, the other leader says she left it all morning for my team member to do when she gets in,.

"But she doesn't work today."

"Well, I guess somebody else will have to do it then."

So it hadn't been done all morning, and had been building up all day.

So now I have to get people on that task instead of the shit I'm supposed to be having them do, getting even further behind.

And she takes my people goddamn it.

And once they get a taste of being in her department, boy howdy.

They dick around back there like it's nobody's business.

I guarantee my team runs circles around them- literally, my team and I are on our feet moving around all day long. Most of her team stands around and chats all day. Nothing against them or their jobs- they're great people, I value each and every one of them, and they get their jobs done. But the very nature of the work her team does is inherently much less intense than on my side of things. And they get paid more.

Of course people want to stay back there.

I mean except that one dude who really doesn't like it back there- she says its because now he actually has to work for a change (that's at least a little bit true I suppose)

Anyways, yeah, I'm so far behind its not even funny.

Part of me wishes I didn't get so unreasonably angry at hearing excessive mouth and eating noises but I also still wonder is it really my problem because YOU DON'T HAVE TO FUCKING DO THAT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT SHUT UUUUUP WHY DO YOU NEED TO DO THAT THE HUMAN MOUTH DOES NOT NEED TO BE MAKING THOSE NOISES TO CONSUME WHAT YOU ARE EATING SHUT THE FUCK UUUUUUP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

so i talked to the dentist and they moved my appt up for the wisdom tooth extraction, from monday 2pm to tomorrow 10am...which is great, right? except for, my 2nd moderna shot is tomorrow at 9:45am. good thing i don't have anything going on this weekend...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

so i talked to the dentist and they moved my appt up for the wisdom tooth extraction, from monday 2pm to tomorrow 10am...which is great, right? except for, my 2nd moderna shot is tomorrow at 9:45am. good thing i don't have anything going on this weekend...

haha u shouldnt have done that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Poof said:

haha u shouldnt have done that

Narrator: he shouldn't have done that. 

2 rounds of numb numb before the pain was bearable enough to let them pull it. They almost gave up and sent me up for a surgical extraction. In the end, they got the whole tooth and some bone fragments too. Didn't Rx me any pain meds. My face is already bruising up, and pain is the first and only sensation coming back to my mouth so far.

Between all of that and the 2nd moderna shot this morning, it's gonna be a great weekend. But at least it's all gonna be done and over with at once. Yippee.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

2 rounds of numb numb before the pain was bearable enough to let them pull it. They almost gave up and sent me up for a surgical extraction. In the end, they got the whole tooth and some bone fragments too. Didn't Rx me any pain meds. My face is already bruising up, and pain is the first and only sensation coming back to my mouth so far.

Between all of that and the 2nd moderna shot this morning, it's gonna be a great weekend. But at least it's all gonna be done and over with at once. Yippee.

Alcohol has most of the effects of a class II narcotic, but it's going to burn like a mother. Good luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

Bag of frozen peas on the side of the face. Works wonders.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mthor said:

Alcohol has most of the effects of a class II narcotic, but it's going to burn like a mother. Good luck.

I'm all over that one. Brought home a new bottle since I knew I was about out of the good pills. Just gotta sip from the right side of my mouth.

PXL_20210409_232218258.thumb.jpg.fd865a5818dfdcf3897febb3e10c2d46.jpg

• Like 1

My grandma was found unresponsive. She was rushed to the closest hospital to her - 40 miles away. She can't speak. They think it was a stroke. Not sure.

Per wishes stated ages ago, there is no plan for a feeding tube. If she can't recover enough to do anything close to eating, she may only last a week. 

It's snowing out.

• Sad 7

I do not use the term "Karen" lightly, but if you see someone in line at a drive-thru having what looks like a heated conversation on the phone, and then get stuck behind them for a few minutes because they try to explain to the Wendy's employee that they use the app, and then a couple of minutes later see them make a u-turn in traffic that blocks at least one lane as they make it...that's a Karen, right?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Seight said:

I do not use the term "Karen" lightly, but if you see someone in line at a drive-thru having what looks like a heated conversation on the phone, and then get stuck behind them for a few minutes because they try to explain to the Wendy's employee that they use the app, and then a couple of minutes later see them make a u-turn in traffic that blocks at least one lane as they make it...that's a Karen, right?

A Karen is a member of a Burmese ethnic minority group. What you saw was probably a Jennifer (thanks, @Vamped).

• Haha 3

On 4/22/2021 at 5:51 AM, Poof said:

I’m starting to scream whenever I’m alone now

record it and sell them as nft to your clients?

~~~

i have a cold and it's kicking my ass. the youngest boy brought it home from school, and now everyone in the house has picked it up. i think i've blown a half pound of green shit out my nose so far today. fucking great!

41 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

record it and sell them as nft to your clients?

~~~

i have a cold and it's kicking my ass. the youngest boy brought it home from school, and now everyone in the house has picked it up. i think i've blown a half pound of green shit out my nose so far today. fucking great!

sell them as what??

edit: oh those no id never do that

Edited by Poof
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Every day at work is a losing battle against an unending tide of idiots without masks and i'm the only one who tries to make sure people are safely following our masking policy. 

I'm beyond exhausted. 

It’s straight up bullshit you are getting left on an island.

Overheard one of the other managers (the one that doesn't wear a mask) complaining to my boss the other day about how i'm the only one doing it and its just making people mad, and my boss is like "but he's doing what he's supposed to be doing."

That manager and i really don't get along regardless because she sits in the office all day and gets upset when I have to go into the office to actually complete some job function.

Its some bullshit aight.

• Like 1