UnevenEdge

Draft ruling shows Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade: report

ZoomBubba

The trigger ban in North Dakota was temporarily blocked by the courts because the AG attempted to force the timer from the moment of the SCOTUS announcement rather than from the moment that the decision was actually posted which was much later in the month. It's given time for the literally ONLY abortion clinic in the entire state to both continue with the appointments made and get everything settled in MN. They've also secured a new clinic so that there is hopes that there won't be any significant pause between one clinic closing and the other opening. 

In the meantime, it appears that there's going to be roving bands of 'pro-life' assholes going door-to-door throughout the area trying to rally support for their bullshit. I can pretty much guarantee that if any of them show up at my door, they will get to experience firsthand what it's like when someone else decides what they can and can't do with themselves. I haven't seen a door-to-door Mormon or Jehovah's Witness in at least a decade, depending which direction they try to run I might be able to skip one of those 'what about the children???' knobs right into a pine tree.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Does he even know he is essentially saying, "Child rapists are ok in my book."?

It’s more like he’s saying “I’m a child rapist” because how else do you come up with this shit unless you’re actually a pedophile and you think that’s how your victims see you.  The video just shows the disgust towards him from the democrat senator. He was asked something like “do you get what I’m saying” the senator was disgusted and said “no, I do not know what you’re talking about, sir”

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sawdy said:

99A45C9D-A387-4315-B428-03E22C632499.png

Brought to you by the same types of people who think mail-in ballots are fake lies that should be set on fire immediately - Baby Drop Box!

Baby Drop Box totally doesn't lead to a dirty Rubbermaid container filled with used socks in a locked closet that is only checked once a week! 

Survivors of Baby Drop Box will find themselves in a loving GOD-FEARING home of white people full of pride in their country where each post-born will receive all the attention of a cactus in a dorm room if they are lucky. Discipline will be Scripturally based according to whatever the voices in someone's head have translated them to be this week. There will be no questions from the post-born as their mother was obviously a 10 year-old prostitute who was totally asking for it and giving a shit stopped the moment you gave your first one. It's the CONSERVATIVE WAY. 

Please watch for our future service - Baby Hole-in-the-Ground! For those easy-peasie returns of Drop Box Babies who failed to live up to the standards expected of them by those gracious upstanding righteous people who took their ungrateful newborn asses in. 

Amen.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Brought to you by the same types of people who think mail-in ballots are fake lies that should be set on fire immediately - Baby Drop Box!

Baby Drop Box totally doesn't lead to a dirty Rubbermaid container filled with used socks in a locked closet that is only checked once a week! 

Survivors of Baby Drop Box will find themselves in a loving GOD-FEARING home of white people full of pride in their country where each post-born will receive all the attention of a cactus in a dorm room if they are lucky. Discipline will be Scripturally based according to whatever the voices in someone's head have translated them to be this week. There will be no questions from the post-born as their mother was obviously a 10 year-old prostitute who was totally asking for it and giving a shit stopped the moment you gave your first one. It's the CONSERVATIVE WAY. 

Please watch for our future service - Baby Hole-in-the-Ground! For those easy-peasie returns of Drop Box Babies who failed to live up to the standards expected of them by those gracious upstanding righteous people who took their ungrateful newborn asses in. 

Amen.

I’m just callin awareness

• Like 1

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/elections/2022/abortion-ban-fails-to-make-colorados-november-ballot/article_544be64e-175c-11ed-9c29-ff3a3d49bd0d.html?ana=9news

Abortion ban fails to make Colorado's November ballot

Not really a big surprise honestly.  While there is a significant pro-life movement out here, this ballot measure was extreme. Like, really extreme. No chance in hell was it ever going anywhere in a state that is Purple-Blue like Colorado.

This also is another big warning sign to the pro-life movement. The full blown no-exception bans are absolutely toxic. Only the most hardcore of pro-life people will support that. Kansas was a big warning sign that the bans will cause all sort of blow back. The more moderate position of abortions until the 20-22 week frame, and then some restrictions and exceptions after, will eventually be the place where most laws wind up. Thats where the vast majority of Americans tend to fall on this issue.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 6:38 PM, Sawdy said:

99A45C9D-A387-4315-B428-03E22C632499.png

The right wing Christian politician that came up with this idea got the idea from medieval Europe.  Once the parent drops the child in the box it locks. They can’t reopen the box and take the baby back. There’s a temp controlled bassinet in the box and a silent alarm goes off as well as a call to 911. They say the child is collected within two minutes but gfd you wanna force women and girls to have babies, denying them abortions, and when abortion was legal you forced them to wait so they can “think about it”. yet they’re ok with people dropping babies in basically a library book drop box without counseling or thought.  Cuz you know damn fuckin well if a child dies of neglect in that box no one will ever know.  

these were designed for the most extreme abuse and neglect cases not as an alternative to abortion, adoption or anything else 

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 4

That the pro life crowd thinks this is a viable solution is just sickening.  We don’t know how the baby ended up in the box. Will there be a camera recording what’s going on?  What if the baby is being placed there because the parent is being forced at gun point to do so?  Just fuckin sickening these “pro life” people are. They’re not pro life just pro forcing a pregnancy cuz fuck that kid once it’s born. Let them get dropped in boxes like an overdue library book and get slaughtered in the classroom by gun nuts. Fuck those people 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Definitely going to be people on the other side of that box selling “domestic infants” before long

This is somewhat relevant:  https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/us/infant-safe-haven-law-abortion-invs/index.html

TL;DR - it appears for that same reason, safe haven surrenders are rare despite the prevalence of those laws.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

This is somewhat relevant:  https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/us/infant-safe-haven-law-abortion-invs/index.html

TL;DR - it appears for that same reason, safe haven surrenders are rare despite the prevalence of those laws.

The article mentions safe haven laws are supposed to prevent infanticide but I can almost guarantee infant murders didn’t decrease because most cases of infanticide can’t be stopped because it’s a compulsion crime in most cases. 

37 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The article mentions safe haven laws are supposed to prevent infanticide but I can almost guarantee infant murders didn’t decrease because most cases of infanticide can’t be stopped because it’s a compulsion crime in most cases. 

The article actually points out that improvements in dealing with post- and peripartum depression have actually done the most to prevent infanticides, making safe-haven laws essentially useless.

On 8/10/2022 at 7:26 AM, Sawdy said:

I’m really considering deleting my Facebook account over this. Zucc wants to act like “we just thought they wanted to know about  a miscarriage we didn’t know it would lead to arrests”

bullshit they knew. Why else would THE FUCKIN POLICE WANT THE MESSAGES.  

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, little_girl_lost said:

That’s hilarious considering that’s exactly the excuse  the SCOTUS gave when they overturned roe v Wade that the question should be brought to the states and their people.  The gov of WV is scared that what happened in Kansas would happen there as well. Fuckin cowards. I didn’t read the article I probably would be a lot angrier if I had 

Abortion is about state’s rights almost as much as slavery was. Which is to say it isn’t about that at all.  

• Like 1

Lindsey Graham to introduce bill banning abortion nationwide. He was one of those that said “the SCOTUS was right to leave it to the states”    he wants to ban abortion after 15 weeks nationwide.   states rights my ass  wonder how you “state’s should decide” mother fuckers feel now?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/lindsey-graham-introduces-nationwide-abortion-ban-1234591744/amp/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lindsey Graham to introduce bill banning abortion nationwide. He was one of those that said “the SCOTUS was right to leave it to the states”    he wants to ban abortion after 15 weeks nationwide.   states rights my ass  wonder how you “state’s should decide” mother fuckers feel now?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/lindsey-graham-introduces-nationwide-abortion-ban-1234591744/amp/

They feel great because they don't give a shit about states rights and never have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Just now, stilgar said:

They feel great because they don't give a shit about states rights and never have.

How does he find time to do anything while hiding his desire to fuck dudes while pretending to be straight and rape rights from women and the LGTBQ community?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

My guess is they're flailing because the delegation back to the states immediately backfired due to the complete (and unpopular) free-for-all red state race to ban everything. I think it's an attempt to recalibrate the narrative and messaging to something less unpopular with less than two months until the election.

Will it work on it's own? Probably not. The immediate reaction we're seeing is already "on top of" instead of "instead of". Backflip into a backfire most likely.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

How does he find time to do anything while hiding his desire to fuck dudes while pretending to be straight and rape rights from women and the LGTBQ community?

When you're a bloated hand puppet for a tiny fist, you have all the time in the world to do what other people tell you to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

My guess is they're flailing because the delegation back to the states immediately backfired due to the complete (and unpopular) free-for-all red state race to ban everything. I think it's an attempt to recalibrate the narrative and messaging to something less unpopular with less than two months until the election.

Will it work on it's own? Probably not. The immediate reaction we're seeing is already "on top of" instead of "instead of". Backflip into a backfire most likely.

That makes sense only in that it's the most plausible, but it's still difficult to see what the short term goal is.  Certainly, there are both better and easier ways to distract voters away from state and local issues, none of which run the risk of torpedoing one of your core platform principles in the long run.

• Like 1

I'd speculate that the Kansas results and everything else we've seen triggered a real fear amongst those preoccupied with not-losing (more so than those having actual philosophical pro-life principals), leading to a complete policy reset on abortion because they fear the true believers will walk them off a cliff.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

If abortion bans are so unpopular among even republicans why are they trying so hard to ban it?  Why are they supporting something so unpopular among their own voters?

Edited by 1pooh4u

34 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

So, the goal is to reset the policy to a national one in the hopes that it stabilizes fissures in the GOP voting bloc?

It's to pivot as much dialogue as possible to just ban on what they consider to be "late-term", because that is less unpopular across the board and doesn't completely abandoning their religious allies.

23 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

If abortion bans are so unpopular among even republicans why are they trying so hard to ban it?  Why are they supporting something so unpopular among their own voters?

Their most engaged activist constituency for decades has been the religious right. This is the one issue they care about (not literally, but it's their #1), and 40 years of squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Basically, once it was delegated down to the states, a bunch of statehouse Republicans who will never have to worry about their seats flipping (or losing their GOP majorities) due to gerrymandering immediately pulled the trigger because the only thing they have to worry about is pleasing their partner activists who have been waiting 40 years for this and who decide whether Republicans get primaried.

So then the unsafe Republicans and unsafe majorities elsewhere are weighed down by that anchor and suddenly a wild pivot appears.

Though, according to this article, the Senate GOP are claiming he's on his own with this one.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/13/grahams-abortion-ban-senate-gop-00056423

Maybe less an intentional pivot and more a favor to that constituency? idk, but the extent the other Senators are distancing themselves from it, the more it appears to be a gift to the Democrats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Though, according to this article, the Senate GOP are claiming he's on his own with this one.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/13/grahams-abortion-ban-senate-gop-00056423

Maybe less an intentional pivot and more a favor to that constituency? idk, but the extent the other Senators are distancing themselves from it, the more it appears to be a gift to the Democrats.

Someone elsewhere actually tied this to the Jan 6/Georgia election meddling subpoenas. 

Their theory was that he's using this as cover.

Graham- "Look! Look!!! I'm trying to save babies!!!!"

The feds- "Mr. Graham, we need to talk to you about crimes and conspiracy to commit crimes..."

Graham- "The dems are trying to silence me for trying to save the babies!!!!!"

Edited by SwimModSponges

48 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Someone elsewhere actually tied this to the Jan 6/Georgia election meddling subpoenas. 

Their theory was that he's using this as cover.

Graham- "Look! Look!!! I'm trying to save babies!!!!"

The feds- "Mr. Graham, we need to talk to you about crimes and conspiracy to commit crimes..."

Graham- "The dems are trying to silence me for trying to save the babies!!!!!"

I mean, that's not as crazy as it sounds.  But, the gross ineptitude makes this particular feint on par with a Scooby Doo villain's plot.  He's dragging the stench of the ill advised state abortion bans on to the upper chamber at a time when the GOP is stuck with some particularly bad candidates, and he's doing it uncoordinated and, thus, without cover from his fellow Republicans.  If he was trying to throw attention away from himself, he failed spectacularly.

1 hour ago, GuyBeardmane said:

So, tying to the mid-term thread here, but you think this is gonna shore up the supposed red wave?

Given all post-Dobbs special elections (discounting Alaska) saw Dem over-performances, alongside the Kansas referendum, and combined with Biden's reversal of fortunes, it seems more like if the elections were today, the Republicans would win a bare majority based only on the fact that FL and OH were allowed to shit all over their congressional maps but NY and Maryland weren't.

I can elaborate on any of the non-abortion stuff over in the midterms thread.

But take Michigan for example. Their new redistricting commission made an actually competitive congressional map, and competitive statehouse maps for the first time since like the 1980s. On top of that, the top half of the GOP gubernatorial candidate pool got tossed from the ballot all for petitioning fraud or whatever, so they have a comparatively weak top-of-ticket. Now combine that with the fact that the Dems got an abortion protection referendum on the ballot (the court overrode Republican ministerial vetoes over spacing errors, because desperation).

If you take that whole cocktail in a post-Dobbs environment with a Kansas-style abortion referendum, it's possibly for a disproportionate crushing. (Also possible that all polling is wrong and nothing matters.)

Texas- "so um... we've got a lot of data about women dying recently, but we're not going to publish it until after the election. No, not that one, the one in 2024."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Texas-delays-publication-of-maternal-death-data-17439477.php

Edited by SwimModSponges

2 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Texas- "so um... we've got a lot of data about women dying recently, but we're not going to publish it until after the election."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Texas-delays-publication-of-maternal-death-data-17439477.php

Ok… but I’m going to call it out… 4 months of data isn’t enough… unless they can make a conparison, definitively, of when the repeal happened…

I know the data will show that women are at risk, but to bring this up now, is just fluff to push one side.

you don’t need this report to know that taking rights away from women is bad, and that Texas eats copious amount of dicks.