UnevenEdge

Draft ruling shows Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade: report

ZoomBubba

10 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

So I'm not allowed to disagree because she's a woman?

But you said you agreed....

Sorry, force of habit....but for the record, I'm not fully understanding what's going on either....I got lost somewhere in a Scoob post and just decided an eye roll emoji would just fit better than me taking a stance because I'm still now 100% on how pregnant people is better than pregnant women, which I'm now seeing that why the BLM thing was in there and how they relate....but I honestly can't formulate a real opinion because I can see the point of both sides and while I'm leaning definitely more towards women, I want to understand how keeping women's rights intact are hurting anyone else.

But just to reiterate my point from a week or so ago, as long as they can create ways to cause a divide, we'll all just be disenfranchised people fighting each other instead of the problem 

Just now, André Toulon said:

But you said you agreed....

Sorry, force of habit....but for the record, I'm not fully understanding what's going on either....I got lost somewhere in a Scoob post and just decided an eye roll emoji would just fit better than me taking a stance because I'm still now 100% on how pregnant people is better than pregnant women, which I'm now seeing that why the BLM thing was in there and how they relate....but I honestly can't formulate a real opinion because I can see the point of both sides and while I'm leaning definitely more towards women, I want to understand how keeping women's rights intact are hurting anyone else.

But just to reiterate my point from a week or so ago, as long as they can create ways to cause a divide, we'll all just be disenfranchised people fighting each other instead of the problem 

I mean, I said at the beginning I'm not being argumentative and the whole fucking thread decided to ride my ass over it. Katt gave me an answer to my question, and I thought the answer was fine and moved on. I wanted to get more insight into Disco's points since I was more iffy on them, then it became naraku360 hates women and thinks they should just shut up.

Not easily tilted these days, but ya know.....

5 hours ago, naraku360 said:

I mean, I said at the beginning I'm not being argumentative and the whole fucking thread decided to ride my ass over it. Katt gave me an answer to my question, and I thought the answer was fine and moved on. I wanted to get more insight into Disco's points since I was more iffy on them, then it became naraku360 hates women and thinks they should just shut up.

I get it, and I get how they feel too....it's why I stayed out of George Floyd thread until some disturbed user said I don't speak for all black people and I posted my stance that I'm just not about to discuss racism with a bunch of white people, no matter how woke they are because they don't live it and at the end of the day, can go home to suburbia and not worry about your house being raided by mistake.

So while I may have opinions surrounding this, I feel mine aren't going to do much to help because no one is forcing me to raise my nut sock for 20 years

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

i didn't say you hate women. but, as this very discussion proves, it's exhausting for women to constantly have to defend, explain, or formulate their ideas so that men get a better understanding, especially since it's the same line of questioning. 
i never once said you hate women. i'm just fed up with all of this. 

9 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i didn't say you hate women. but, as this very discussion proves, it's exhausting for women to constantly have to defend, explain, or formulate their ideas so that men get a better understanding, especially since it's the same line of questioning. 
i never once said you hate women. i'm just fed up with all of this. 

Nobody said that… but that’s what pushed his narrative forward.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

Nobody said that… but that’s what pushed his narrative forward.

She clearly said, in response to me, that I was telling her to not share her opinions because she's a women.

This wasn't reading between the lines. It was in the text itself.

Just now, naraku360 said:

She clearly said, in response to me, that I was telling her to not share her opinions because she's a women.

This wasn't reading between the lines. It was in the text itself.

Show me where she said you hate women?

17 hours ago, discolé monade said:

it's kind of like you're saying that i have no right to speak my peace on the matter, because 'the data isn't there', and that 'it's harmless'. 

Claiming I don't believe she has "the right" to speak on the matter.

i will just agree, that a woman trying to explain this, is futile. 

Implying I think women shouldn't express opinions.

silly me, i'll just let all the men decide what's best /s/

Seriously, @Sawdy. How am I supposed to interpret this other than an accusation that I don't respect women?

This isn't the only post of this nature. Disco knows I'm not trying to shut her down. You know I'm not like that. But you're getting on my ass for defending myself from an accusation neither you nor Disco have any reason to believe was the intention.

I'm not even including the multiple instances of being told it's pointless to elaborate because I'm a man.

I'm sick of culture war shit. I jumped in because the thread was already about this culture war stuff so that I could try to "get it". I understand the point, however understanding and being skeptical are not mutually exclusive.

I sincerely don't know how I should read into the above post or subsequent ones of the nature other than to tell me I'm not capable of understanding on virtue of biological sex and that I have it out for women.

5 hours ago, discolé monade said:

because if anyone read the article, they could see that 'Frontiers' was mentioned, and anyone could have just as easily searched for the info themselves. 

but, what is happening is that there are 3 (i assume men) that are asking a woman to defend her stance on the language being used, and that is what has been happening since...well forever. 

WOMEN had to fight for the right to vote, to work, to own a bank account, to play sports, to join the military, to get equal pay(still not happening), and a long list of WOMEN'S rights, that just keep getting pushed aside, trampled or dismantled, 

and now ROE v. WADE. 

it wasn't pregnant persons in 1972 that were fighting for the right to dictate what happens to their bodies, it was pregnant WOMEN. 

To be fair, other people capable of birth weren't exactly accepted 50 years ago. Despite all the struggles your describing, women at least were acknowledged as themselves.

Just now, PenguinBoss said:

To be fair, other people capable of birth weren't exactly accepted 50 years ago. Despite all the struggles your describing, women at least were acknowledged as themselves.

Trans issues have only been "mainstream" for a few years and my problem with the language is framing it as an us vs them, trans rights are an attack on womens rights, etc.

51 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

giphy_(55).gif.34d78d1d3ed5da82ed887fb5a0d88e97.gif

i'm sorry naraku. i really am. this is such a heated subject, but as it was mentioned by isipid. it's exactly how divisive this is, and the language used. 

i know you're not some misogyinistic dangly bits holder. and i should have used quotes when using generalized terms. 

friends?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i'm sorry naraku. i really am. this is such a heated subject, but as it was mentioned by isipid. it's exactly how divisive this is, and the language used. 

i know you're not some misogyinistic dangly bits holder. and i should have used quotes when using generalized terms. 

friends?

Of course, I never thought you  did. I was frustrated with how heated it got, but that's not enough to burn bridges.

I should have laid off the subject. I'm sorry for not taking the hint.

• Like 1

Looked it up and found this: https://legislature.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/sessioninfo/2022/legislation/H0460.pdf

It shall be unlawful for any person to perform, procure, or attempt5
to perform an abortion.

With the only provision being this:

Any medical practitioner attempting to save the life of a pregnant19
patient, which attempt results in the unintended death of an unborn human be-20
ing, shall not be found guilty of violating the provisions of this act.

So, I'm unsure if an ectopic pregnancy would count for that or not. I would guess not, since the doctor knows the child won't survive beforehand.

13 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

Looked it up and found this: https://legislature.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/sessioninfo/2022/legislation/H0460.pdf

It shall be unlawful for any person to perform, procure, or attempt5
to perform an abortion.

With the only provision being this:

Any medical practitioner attempting to save the life of a pregnant19
patient, which attempt results in the unintended death of an unborn human be-20
ing, shall not be found guilty of violating the provisions of this act.

So, I'm unsure if an ectopic pregnancy would count for that or not. I would guess not, since the doctor knows the child won't survive beforehand.

It's got nothing to do with the doctor knowing and everything to do with the courts conceding. Remember, there are legislators in this country who believe that an ectopic pregnancy can be reimplanted in the uterus.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mthor said:

It's got nothing to do with the doctor knowing and everything to do with the courts conceding. Remember, there are legislators in this country who believe that an ectopic pregnancy can be reimplanted in the uterus.

There are legislators in this country that believe in the homunculus theory too. -.-; 

I don’t agree with this approach, but I’m also not going to tell anyone when they feel they should be getting mad or involved…. BUT, I spoke yo a bunch of my wife’s co workers in labor and delivery, and they seem to keep believing it will never get to the point where a woman’s safety in pregnancy will be jeopardized in the situation of an ectopic pregnancy… meaning, they feel that a doctor would never comply with a law that would put a woman’s life at risk In a situation like that… and short of me calling them fucking fools, I just kind of say, “nobody three years ago thought roe v wade would be overturned…. And here we are”

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

I don’t agree with this approach, but I’m also not going to tell anyone when they feel they should be getting mad or involved…. BUT, I spoke yo a bunch of my wife’s co workers in labor and delivery, and they seem to keep believing it will never get to the point where a woman’s safety in pregnancy will be jeopardized in the situation of an ectopic pregnancy… meaning, they feel that a doctor would never comply with a law that would put a woman’s life at risk In a situation like that… and short of me calling them fucking fools, I just kind of say, “nobody three years ago thought roe v wade would be overturned…. And here we are”

I can't see a doctor letting a woman die in a situation like that, either - but I can see them being charged for it as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 1:18 PM, SwimModSponges said:

image.thumb.png.0e58d32a0de1a652ac9f0b46e5ee6bdb.png

I think that those who think ectopic pregnancies are viable and can be reimplanted to be carried to term [ mainly dudes ] should have an ectopic pregnancy implanted in their kidneys. And no matter how bad the pain, the infection, the suffering involved, no further surgery or medicines will be allowed because those might fall under the 'abortion' thing. They'll just have to pass that thing naturally. 

1 minute ago, katt_goddess said:

I think that those who think ectopic pregnancies are viable and can be reimplanted to be carried to term [ mainly dudes ] should have an ectopic pregnancy implanted in their kidneys. And no matter how bad the pain, the infection, the suffering involved, no further surgery or medicines will be allowed because those might fall under the 'abortion' thing. They'll just have to pass that thing naturally. 

Seems abusive to the child that has been alive and ready to collect benefits since being injected in to the host

5 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

Seems abusive to the child that has been alive and ready to collect benefits since being injected in to the host

There's bound to be plenty of space up there considering how many seem to spend most of their time with their head firmly wedged somewhere in their nethers. 

Idaho shot down an amendment that would have allowed abortion in cases of rape, incest and if the mother’s life is in danger.  The reps in Idaho are just like fuck you even if you’re gonna die. I wonder when the hospitals are going to reopen the septic abortion wards in these states.  

This is ‘Murica. 

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/us/is-it-gruesome-idaho-republicans-reject-amendment-allowing-abortion-to-save-a-womans-life/amp_articleshow/92962446.cms

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We’re already feeling the pain of the decision 

a woman in Wisconsin was left bleeding for ten days after a partial miscarriage because of their laws. 
a woman traveled from Missouri to a less restrictive state because in Missouri they were too afraid to remove an ectopic pregnancy

Another state, I forget which, let a woman die because the ectopic pregnancy had a heartbeat 

so it’s happening 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Seight said:

Actually it's society's fault for-

shit I actually don't know how he'd defend this

"What was she-" fuck, those were my 90s notes.... hang on.

"It didn't happen. It's a lie by the radical left. And even if it did happen, the rapist was an illegal Mex- immigrant."

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

"What was she-" fuck, those were my 90s notes.... hang on.

"It didn't happen. It's a lie by the radical left. And even if it did happen, the rapist was an illegal Mex- immigrant."

They're really grasping onto the illegal immigrant angle because they literally have nothing to make it sound more palatable.

• Like 1