UnevenEdge

Draft ruling shows Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade: report

ZoomBubba

3 hours ago, Poof said:

You literally believe in a narrative based on right wing propaganda to disillusion you to the party. Ending the filibuster or whatever weird demands you guys have won’t mean shit if you just become complacent until republicans win a 51 majority and undo everything you did.

you guys haven’t “voted enough” if dems don’t even have 60 majority. You’re bitching that they haven’t done anything with the power you’ve given them but you don’t give them power you bitch at them for not having enough power.

I'm bitching because McConnell stopped Obama from appointing a SCOTUS judge, citing precedent, then when Trump was put into that same, arguable worse, position, he pushed the vote through in record time. And there was little to no pushback for the hypocrisy that put us into the situation we are now in. Just like there won't be any pushback from whatever decisions this far-right court decides to make.

How many times is the GOP going to pull the football away before the dems realize they aren't playing by the same rules? Until they do, they and the people who vote for them, are going to lose, even if they win elections. And that's going to make plenty of people change their votes, assuring winning elections won't be a factor.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

I'm bitching because McConnell stopped Obama from appointing a SCOTUS judge, citing precedent, then when Trump was put into that same, arguable worse, position, he pushed the vote through in record time. And there was little to no pushback for the hypocrisy that put us into the situation we are now in. Just like there won't be any pushback from whatever decisions this far-right court decides to make.

How many times is the GOP going to pull the football away before the dems realize they aren't playing by the same rules? Until they do, they and the people who vote for them, are going to lose, even if they win elections. And that's going to make plenty of people change their votes, assuring winning elections won't be a factor.

I wasn't joking when I called Biden an extremist and this easily predictible outcome is exactly why. It isn't that Biden is extremist per the Democratic Party, but rather the Democratic Party is run mostly by GOP ass kissers. They don't really oppose the GOP, they just don't actively want to massacre as many people (domestically) as the GOP. But global standards, the GOP is very extreme and an opposition party that sides with them mire often than not is by extension an extremist party.

At the moment, most of what can be done is to vote. It's going to take a long time to get passed the severe brainwashing of this country, if it doesn't become a fallen nation before that can happen. Unfortunately, a "revolution" seems much more likely from the mental rot of Trumpist Republican voters than a party of civilized people with things like empathy.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

19 hours ago, naraku360 said:

I'm in a deep blue state. Pretty much every city, county, state, or federal election I have any impact on goes Dem whether I vote or not 

I'm not sure why you're more inclined to villify the voters over politicians who currently hold enough power to do anything, like Biden's refusal to codify Roe v. Wade which isn't even effected by the filibuster. What's his excuse?

Codify by an executive order you mean?

So ... I copied this from the company yammer. Somebody posted this in response to one of the corporate managers addressing Roe V Wade the other day 

"I Have worked for this company going on 21 years. I am a very faithful, dependant, and hard working person. I have went from {redacted} as a tech, to an RN, to home therapies. I have seen many many changes in my time. I get it, things change, and the world changes with it. In my very own humble opinion, it feels as though we went from one big "FAMILY" to being divided into these new "groups". What gives. This company is being responsible for dividing us, what a shame. I do not care one way or another if you are white, black, red, green, gay, straight, or Bi-polar. I for one am sick and tired of my WORK email being full of non work essential material EVERYDAY. Was the email today on Roe vs Wade really necessary?? Come on {corporate}  that is NOT a work place issue!! Should have never even been brought up. That has NOTHING to do with a {redacted} company in the least! Further more, stop flooding MY work email with LGBTQ material ect. If that is my preference in life, good for me, Id be in that group, send it to the group, I do not need all this extra non essential reading. STOP THE MADNESS. Is there anyway, honestly I have nothing against these groups, but is there anyway possible, to only send these mass mailings to group members themselves? And I do apologize to anyone that may be offended, but where does the line draw?"

Bitch you work IN HEALTHCARE. This is everybody's issue. 

I actually had this copied to my clipboard to post a few hours earlier but I just came to my desk and they removed it lol

Didn't want to post the screenshot because its got her whole name and company and stuff on there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lol works in healthcare but thinks roe v Wade is none of their business. Only in ‘Murica 

They must have started to come for her in the comments. Plus the emails she's complaining about are literally just corporate emails celebrating stuff like Pride Month, Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Asian American and Pacific islander Heritage Month.  I guess the Pride Month email and Roe v Wade set her off XD 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

This person really hates those groups, and I'd say that kind of post should get the poster fired for being a bigot.

But, you know, murka.

Its crazy to me that you would even post something like that on anything affiliated with the company. This is not your personal social media account and it goes out to everybody. They have a recap email that sends a listing of anything popular on the yammer to EVERYBODY. Most of the time its to celebrate something one of the clinics is doing or spread some information. Its got her whole name and picture on there.

honestly I have nothing against these groups

They say in the middle of a long-ass post about not wanting to read or interact with said groups. 

(When, clearly, they send these emails to make everyone feel included in the same group, that's why they all get it, duh.)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

This person really hates those groups, and I'd say that kind of post should get the poster fired for being a bigot.

But, you know, murka.

The sentiment seemed pretty clear much earlier with the "red, green, bi-polar" line. Exactly the sort of wording you usually get from someone trying to be dismissive of marginalized groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SCOTUS limited federal power to combat climate change.  Judges should not have say over matters of science 

they also ruled that Biden can end Trump’s stay in Mexico policy 

the court had to make it seem like they are making decisions based on the law I guess 🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

Jesus, Missouri is a shit hole. No abortions, but we might give y'all this plan B back. 

Far enough north not to be the south but just as bassakwards.

https://missouriindependent.com/2022/06/29/missouri-ag-says-state-abortion-ban-does-not-prohibit-plan-b-or-contraception/

I fucking would hate to live there… even buying a house? Anyone that buys a house there is a fucking psychopath as far as I’m concerned.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Jesus, Missouri is a shit hole. No abortions, but we might give y'all this plan B back. 

Far enough north not to be the south but just as bassakwards.

https://missouriindependent.com/2022/06/29/missouri-ag-says-state-abortion-ban-does-not-prohibit-plan-b-or-contraception/

"I'm tired of everyone sayin' we ain't S-E-C, PAWL. Ok I'm gonna hang up and listen now."

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, naraku360 said:

Lol

"OK, so who's job is it to monitor Yammer? I made a post the other day about all these emails pertaining to all these groups, and some political based agendas, which I said had no business being in the workplace. GUESS WHAT?? It got deleted off of here!! So it just tells me all this can be shoved down my throat daily, but as soon as I have a say so on it, im censored??? So much for all inclusion and no division, way to go {corporate}. Go ahead and delete this too.."

..... waiting for them to delete it lol 

The comments are already heating up XD

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Vamped said:

"OK, so who's job is it to monitor Yammer? I made a post the other day about all these emails pertaining to all these groups, and some political based agendas, which I said had no business being in the workplace. GUESS WHAT?? It got deleted off of here!! So it just tells me all this can be shoved down my throat daily, but as soon as I have a say so on it, im censored??? So much for all inclusion and no division, way to go {corporate}. Go ahead and delete this too.."

Has someone already told her "Bitch shut up and be thankful you haven't been fired" yet?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Has someone already told her "Bitch shut up and be thankful you haven't been fired" yet?

Basically all of them XD

there's a few agreeing with her. The same ones complaining about wearing a mask in the height of the delta variant ... in a health clinic where ALL of the patients are high risk and a good chunk were constantly being hospitalized and dying from COVID. 

11 hours ago, Vamped said:

"Okay, so mental note, same some boxes for later."

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

Give it a few weeks, they might start repealing Amendments because they weren't originally part of the Constitution...

You think they'll stop at the ones not originally in the Constitution?

These fuckers are the type to use that excuse until we only have the 2nd Amendment and....

The 2nd Amendment.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 3