UnevenEdge

What do you miss about Adult Swim Message Boards?

Danger_Jules

you mean the 20 of us still left? oh yeah it's still exactly the same fun as it was with hundreds of people, folder wars, IB wars, latent RP/cybering, shenanigans. it totally hasn't at all declined

And Elimination Games, Board Bumps and Top 3 shows of the night lists. Can't forget about that.

old old oooooooold AD and OA were fun to fuck with, back when i was a RIF and hung around with the other RIFs god we used to troll OA soooooooooo haaaard. before i became a full time IBer

I've been banned a few times for trolling RIF threads till they had to lock them, good times.

the traffic it got mostly... some nights it was just impossible to even try to keep up

actually, i think naraku has basically hit all of the points i would mention

i remember that too. god late nights with IB. my post count only started to go up in 2008 and beyond because i still had the fast posting style. still do

i fell out of the RIF thing by like early or mid 06. i was in IB since 05 but i think i made my move to a full time IBer in 06 at some point

I don't remember the years of things but I definitely ended up becoming an IBer too at one point.

i remember that too. god late nights with IB. my post count only started to go up in 2008 and beyond because i still had the fast posting style. still do

i don't quite know about my speed in posting and how great or terrible it was. i do i know that my typing skillz massively improved because of posting.

and that my wit was faster.

and that i even had wit.

i'm not even exactly sure when i stopped being such a wretched smart ass in life.

Seeing what shit I could get passed the radar when I submitted avatars in the prototype custom avatar submissions that mods had to sanction for people to wear.

The time when everyone had to choose icons from a standard bank of [as] shows, and every so often, there'd be threads where we user submitted which icons would be added to the bank. Just seeing the gray border on an FMA, FLCL, or Bleach icon takes me back. Or Evangelion avatars. Those I treasured before they got rid of them.

Trolls that didn't rely on tryhard shit like racism or shock images for attention.

The livestream and polls they'd have on the front page.

Action Discussion circa 2005-2008 or so.  Back when anime was this weird awesome new thing I was immersing myself in.  Reading and writing so many huge-ass posts, and premiere threads that used to have thoughtful discussions that'd last the entire week until the next one.  Crazy alt names and zany icon themes and all sorts of nonsense.  Most of all it was the people.  There are too many from back then I haven't talked to in ages or have lost contact completely, and one or two that have already gone ahead.

• Like 2

Action Discussion ... and premiere threads that used to have thoughtful discussions that'd last the entire week until the next one.

This so much. I haven't really been in any Toonami premiere threads since lithium, so maybe this has changed, but on the lithium boards, 99% of all the posts in one of those Toonami threads would be posted during the time the show was airing in EST. It seemed like literally everyone lost all interest in any particular threads of that type the minute the episode in question had ended. And only in EST. Like I was literally the only ASMBer watching Toonami from any other time zone besides EST. After that 30 time slot, the thread would be dead forevermore.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't really know when those threads devolved from talking about an episode after the fact to doing a play-by-play chatlog in the middle of it, but I don't see any real value in them anymore.  I mean not every show is going to engender in-depth philosophical discussion and speculation, but hell, the old AD crowd managed to put down a lot of text about s-CRY-ed. :D

• Like 1

I remember hearing about someone submitting an essay in college (I don't think they were ASMB) where the topic was how s-CRY-ed was objectively better than Code Geass, and how they got an A- on it. I, for one, would love to read that paper.

As for the topic at hand, what I miss most about the ASMB is honestly the fact that I could just go and look back at whatever posts were made to refresh myself on various topics or just to relive a discussion. The fact that the archive of the pre-2016 ASMB that was being considered never came to pass kind of sucks, because I'd have loved to go through it all again.

I also miss Foley's top 10 lists from the Trunks threads. I was so excited when I first placed on it, for my dumb Death Note-related comment on how the forbidden fruit of 2007-2008 was most likely schnapps.

• 2 weeks later...

The Fan Collective that lasted until 2008.

omg i forgot about that. wasnt that the social thingy where u had to be like at least 18? idk. i miss that too...

i miss, how active it was, how i had fun talking to ppl. how i looked forward to something when i got home from school or whatever.

i miss the spamming, i miss being a big ol spammer fangirl and spamming with the best of em lol.

the late night spam sessions with justin, mewnz, teez, etc... waking up the next morning seeing the damaged and the confused look on ADers faces.

i miss the ADers i miss all the ppl i talked to. i know some of u guys still come on here, and i still talk to some of u thru text and theres some on FB but idk its not the same.

everyones scattered now. i miss how i could talk to all of u on ASMB. i miss how AD use to be before the folder split. i even miss it after the folder split.

i miss Tryble and my unhealthy obsession with him lol. i miss fangirling him and stalking him and prolly annoying tf outta him.

i miss that night i spammed with KN and viper and justin when they hacked IB lol. i know i got permybantz for it but i kinda missed that and had fun.

i miss when id sneak over to IB and it ws super active and i knew ppl there and i could spam with namey, sllew, and all the other IBers.

i even miss OA when i started going over there after AD split up and slowed down.

i miss being so excited for saturday night and the lineup. i miss discussion shows like blood+ and death note with everyone.

i miss the nina x table kun fanclub i made for lolz but ended up surviving haha.

i miss fangirling animaynz and actually being excited over them esp the megane ones (lol i still am >_> but more lowkey....??)

idk i could go on and on and on with everything i miss about ASMB i just miss it in general haha.

this isnt rly strictly ASMB but i do miss talking to all the ASMBers on AIM. I mise seeing so many ppl online and being able to talk to them on there.

• Like 1

omg i forgot about that. wasnt that the social thingy where u had to be like at least 18? idk. i miss that too...

i miss, how active it was, how i had fun talking to ppl. how i looked forward to something when i got home from school or whatever.

i miss the spamming, i miss being a big ol spammer fangirl and spamming with the best of em lol.

the late night spam sessions with justin, mewnz, teez, etc... waking up the next morning seeing the damaged and the confused look on ADers faces.

i miss the ADers i miss all the ppl i talked to. i know some of u guys still come on here, and i still talk to some of u thru text and theres some on FB but idk its not the same.

everyones scattered now. i miss how i could talk to all of u on ASMB. i miss how AD use to be before the folder split. i even miss it after the folder split.

i miss Tryble and my unhealthy obsession with him lol. i miss fangirling him and stalking him and prolly annoying tf outta him.

i miss that night i spammed with KN and viper and justin when they hacked IB lol. i know i got permybantz for it but i kinda missed that and had fun.

i miss when id sneak over to IB and it ws super active and i knew ppl there and i could spam with namey, sllew, and all the other IBers.

i even miss OA when i started going over there after AD split up and slowed down.

i miss being so excited for saturday night and the lineup. i miss discussion shows like blood+ and death note with everyone.

i miss the nina x table kun fanclub i made for lolz but ended up surviving haha.

i miss fangirling animaynz and actually being excited over them esp the megane ones (lol i still am >_> but more lowkey....??)

idk i could go on and on and on with everything i miss about ASMB i just miss it in general haha.

this isnt rly strictly ASMB but i do miss talking to all the ASMBers on AIM. I mise seeing so many ppl online and being able to talk to them on there.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to see this.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL Yes, this ^^

Very fun times.

Derailing thread after thread.

Also, nowadays it's discord shet ~_~

• Like 1