UnevenEdge

What do you miss about Adult Swim Message Boards?

Danger_Jules

17 hours ago, CombatC said:

I think I just miss it being a dedicated online forum in a time when those sorts of things could be the main way you interacted with people on the internet.  It just felt more focused in a way that social media never does even when it tries to.

I also miss that one random time in like 2013, well after I stopped posting, when I came back for old times’ sake and found my login and all of my old posts were still there.  Sadly they’re all probably lost to the aether now.

I came back when it was reddit and had a heart attack 

9 hours ago, granzchesta said:

Anyone else remember the ASMB Yearbook superlatives?

I never got voted for anything, but I remember the drama surrounding some of the nominations.

I remember those.  I never felt like I knew anyone well enough to vote in those but I did like to read what others wrote in the thread.

• Like 2

There's just so much, the people especially, doxiedaschie, chatmanmatt, crushrose, cidz, OMNI, CAC, amongst more that sadly escape me at the moment. Each left a lasting impact on me during a time, where I was merging from being a teen and working my way into my college years.

The mods, Odin, Muse, Luuv especially come to mind, I got to work around CJ which was pretty cool during a time when I was looking to get into graphic design (my current job). I remember Torrent, I remember Humbug who I had a good relationship with, and really allowed me to get creative with a bunch of contests that I got to run around the numerous boards at the time.

ASMB really allowed me to be creative, and I think it did for a lot of us, I remember the crazy shit that happened around those days. The List? Anyone remember that one? The board hacking that was just plain chaos, numerous April Fool pranks, AD doing the Year Books, or how we would keep track of the most minute stuff, like how many minutes we were logged into the site, or the Owl list (which I made it onto (unofficially), because I was a HELPeR at the time) and it's funny because if not for that, I probably wouldn't have been able to do what I do today.

It definitely reminded me a simpler time, chilling around IB, or just talking with people about anime, it was when I found more time for myself, before college just completely swamped my life. Then I remember coming back and seeing the board not like it used to be, and then... next thing I know it's gone.

It sucks, there's a lot of history there, lot of lost chats, cool stuff we did, lot of memories, lot of nostalgia. I still from time to time find myself thinking back to that stuff and just missing the shit out of it.

Edited by LoverDemon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ok I've been wondering about a few people so I'm gonna do a little shout out i guess. but if i leave someone out know it's just because my memory is shit and i might not remember your name even if i remember you.

anyways, is trigunbebop still around? he was always fun and really nice.

also just remembered kitsunkit, what ever happened to him? 

i know JuliusTaverna was back for a bit, hopefully he's still around too. he was always fun to chat with too. 

i miss the late night crew from 2010, all of them. i know we had our drama and i messed up a chance to be friends with a lot of them, but we had some cool times.

I'm also not gonna list all the people that I've seen recently, but I'm happy to see you guys too 💜