UnevenEdge

Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years.

discolé monade

3 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

He isn't currently in the news but wants to be. 

I don’t think these letters were intended to be seen by anyone other than the judge.  They’re a commonplace part of the criminal trial that doesn’t get a lot of attention usually, or at least not when the convict is a nobody.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I don’t think these letters were intended to be seen by anyone other than the judge.  They’re a commonplace part of the criminal trial that doesn’t get a lot of attention usually, or at least not when the convict is a nobody.

I'm still surprised people don't know that a lot of court shit can be made public. The only time I really see info restricted are in police shootings or cases involving the government/military.

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, discolé monade said:

Fuck his wife and Mila Kunis and Kutcher too.  He toiled away on his vineyard he deserves leniency?  He was always against drugs yet played a pot smoking slime ball on that 70’s show?  Fuck him im glad he got 30 years. Should be more because guaranteed there are more victims. Fuckin people with $ really think that working should absolve then from all the wrong they do. Fuckin said it once I’ll say it a thousand times. WORST CIRCUS EVER 

PS that’s why I’m laughing because rich mother fuckers are out their mind 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Fuck his wife and Mila Kunis and Kutcher too.  He toiled away on his vineyard he deserves leniency?  He was always against drugs yet played a pot smoking slime ball on that 70’s show?  Fuck him im glad he got 30 years. Should be more because guaranteed there are more victims. Fuckin people with $ really think that working should absolve then from all the wrong they do. Fuckin said it once I’ll say it a thousand times. WORST CIRCUS EVER 

PS that’s why I’m laughing because rich mother fuckers are out their mind 

This article says 30 years but there's this repeat news loop thing that plays sometimes when I don't pay attention to my YT and on there it said 30- life....and once it just said life.

I'm not sure what he got 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

This article says 30 years but there's this repeat news loop thing that plays sometimes when I don't pay attention to my YT and on there it said 30- life....and once it just said life.

I'm not sure what he got 

It’s 30 years to life as in incarceration doesn’t automatically end at 30 years.  The news is reporting he’s not eligible for parole until he’s served 25 years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I'm not sure what he got 

Looks like he got 30-life CBS USA and a few other outlets are saying it so it’s probably 30-life which is cool cuz that might mean he has to serve at least 25.5 years before he’s eligible for parole and he can be on parole or in jail for the rest of his gross life. 

sidenote I’m glad statute of limitations laws were changed cuz not long ago he would have gotten away with the rapes just because it happened 20 years ago. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Me thinks Danny's lawyers asked these people for character references rather than them appealing to the judge on their own accord.

Yes per scoob these are generally solicited by the lawyer/client/'s family to influence sentencing after conviction.

• Like 3

The apology video Kutcher and Kunis did was gross basically it’s like this “Masterson’s family asked for a character letter concerning the guy they knew for 25 years. They totally support the victims though despite not supporting them because we wrote these letters as soon as we were asked. We apologize that the letters were leaked no one other than the judge was ever supposed to know that we did a rapist a favor. Our actions totally show we support victims though guys”

fuuuuuuuuuck them 

IMG_4398.gif.161958b7bf89f289e1aacf8c2dc811f4.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was going to say that this is a perfect example of the kind of disturbing dynamic that has made Scientology toxic.  It's not just rape; the entitlement that Miscavige has cultivated amongst his celebrity adherents has fostered abuse of the lower ranking members in all manners.  While the letters cast a negative light on Kutcher and Kunis, they're also indicative of the "cover of respectability" that Scientology provides for abusers and rapists like Masterson:  much of the talk of drug prevention that Kutcher referenced in his letter is derived from Scientology dogma and the rigid constraints put not on the high ranking members of the church but the lower ranking members most likely to be punished for not adhering.

Masterson deserves all of the blame for raping and abusing those women.  Scientology deserves all the blame for fostering a rapist in its ranks and creating a space where his victims were not allowed to escape him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

I think 30 years of prison rape is good enough.

Equivalent exchange.

Still too good for him. Masterson and all other rapists deserve the death penalty. By committing the crime, they lost the right to live. Letting these sick fucks live only allows them to do it again. Capital punishment is the only correct way to ensure they'll never do it again. We need to extend the death penalty to rapists.

• Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

32 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

Still too good for him. Masterson and all other rapists deserve the death penalty. By committing the crime, they lost the right to live. Letting these sick fucks live only allows them to do it again. Capital punishment is the only correct way to ensure they'll never do it again. We need to extend the death penalty to rapists.

I agree! Castrate him and let him slowly bleed to death!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

not unless the rapist also murdered the victim. 

• Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...