UnevenEdge

What’s your theme song?

Sawdamizer

Lately this cuz I’m still a feral human lately very “so do it mother fucker” irl and online. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna die soon as a result, but fuck, who among us can’t say “well I lived long enough”, at this point.  The world’s a dumpster fire and my bag of fucks is empty 

• Like 2

I like this one, but probably just because I recently binged all 8 seasons of Dexter for the second time  in preparation for New Blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWnhuDZMkuc&ab_channel=MilanRecordsUSA

Actually this one's the one I really like...that's blended into the score with his inner monologues.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

6 hours ago, cyberbully said:

I hbear we're not allowed to like Pantera....I think Scoob told me that....I thuink i googled why, but I forgot....Maybe he'll show soon and remind me.

The fuck?

Wait, I could have been giving Doom shit about hair metal.

Edited by scoobdog
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

The fuck?

Wait, I could have been giving Doom shit about hair metal.

Nah....It was on Lithium....I said something about liking Pantera and you said one of the guys was a nazi I think (THINK)....But This was so long ago, I can't remember.   It might not have even been you, but that's how i remember it, which still doesn't mean much....But i don't think Dooomer was around for this.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I had to look up who was even in the band.  Interestingly, one brother got shot up in Columbus, OH, which seems about right.

This is the first I'm hearing about a member of Pantera having Nazi ideals? Is that true? I love a lot of their songs, and embraced them for being pretty much the only true Texas heavy metal powerhouse, but I also don't vet artists I listen to for ideals that arent inherently present in the music. Not that certain Nazi ideals can't be applied to pretty much any heavy metal power ballad and work if you're the kind of fuck to do it.. 

52 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I mean I was pretty sure it wasn't, but...when you think about NAzi ideals and then get some pantera going on in your head...lol

Scary combo..

I imagine any time Pantera is playing in your head it’s scary.

10 hours ago, cyberbully said:

Nah....It was on Lithium....I said something about liking Pantera and you said one of the guys was a nazi I think (THINK)....But This was so long ago, I can't remember.   It might not have even been you, but that's how i remember it, which still doesn't mean much....But i don't think Dooomer was around for this.

Pantera's singer Phil Anselmo has said some sketchy shit.

There's a video on youtube from around 1995 where Phil is onstage going on a rant about how rap sucks and we got to keep white culture alive or something.

Much more recently another metal musician (can't remember who) came out on social media disparaging him for while being on stage at like every show he does (This was post-Pantera, but maybe he did it with Pantera too, I don't know) where he'd do a Hitler salute and exclaim "white power!" At first Phil got angry at an attack on his free speech or whatever, but after a while of apparently not a lot of people siding with him, he apologized and acknowledged it was insensitive but claiming he was making a joke and the "white power" he was referring to was actually white wine.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Pantera's singer Phil Anselmo has said some sketchy shit.

There's a video on youtube from around 1995 where Phil is onstage going on a rant about how rap sucks and we got to keep white culture alive or something.

Much more recently another metal musician (can't remember who) came out on social media disparaging him for while being on stage at like every show he does (This was post-Pantera, but maybe he did it with Pantera too, I don't know) where he'd do a Hitler salute and exclaim "white power!" At first Phil got angry at an attack on his free speech or whatever, but after a while of apparently not a lot of people siding with him, he apologized and acknowledged it was insensitive but claiming he was making a joke and the "white power" he was referring to was actually white wine.

This....that's what it was...the white power white wine thing.....

Was it you that told me this? Did you post in babbling on lithium

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

This....that's what it was...the white power white wine thing.....

Was it you that told me this? Did you post in babbling on lithium

Late 2011 I came back to Babbling pretty much daily, didn't post as much as I did in IB, but I posted enough that it's possible you heard it from me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I started posting on the boards in 2005, around the time I first started getting heavy into E6 bands like of Montreal, Apples in Stereo, The Minders, Olivia Tremor Control, Circulatory System, and my absolute favs The Sunshine Fix (that’s the band playing in the video, the lead singer of it Bill Doss tragically died ‘bout a decade ago) and that moment’s stuck with yr fellow ever since. Gods above, I’m old. Well, relatively speaking anyways.. Anyways I experience uterine liberation last Friday, 35 years of age now, and I see this glorious place is still holding on, still living the dream. A most worthy endeavor indeed. Much love ya’ll.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nablonsky said:

Phil Anselmo is a Nazi idiot. All the shit in this article doesn't even scratch the surface of the stories people have about him acting like a white supremacist dumbass 

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-35810658

Hmm.  I mean I can kind of see that about him, but at the same time lyrically/ symbolically he gets incredibly sarcastic with his themes. Scoob doesn't seem to think he's aa racist and out of all the people to give someone on the edge a racism pass.... Idk. 

Either way can't say I could stop banging Pantera sorry. 🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Dude's a racist and a pussy.  Sucks when you find out what your favorite celebrity is like.

Lol he's far from my favorite celebrity. I don't have a favorite celebrity. I found all this interesting and just due to the cocky nature of his lyrics I can see him being a Neo nazzi like racist, but I can't really pin that label on him all the same. I listen to Pantera for music alone. The band itself even predates the style of metal this one vocalist makes. Pantera pretty much was a hair band in it's infancy.