Are you vaccinated for covid?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are you vaccinated for covid yet?

• Fully vaccinated
    • One dose of Moderna or Pfizer
    • Not yet
    • Never

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 09:32 PM

Nah I'm gonna have to either simp to the VA or join a brainless bunch of twats before that happens, but after doing covid-19 assistance for the national guard and other missions during the crux of the outbreak plus not getting hit at my civilian job even though all the rapidly breeding fucks I work with caught it from their spawn I'm not too worried. 

7 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

got my second firmware update on 4/12. been running pretty smooth, no crashes or unscheduled reboots since. picked up some malware about a week ago, but recent scans are reporting back clean the last couple days.

Hmmm thought you were 4/9.... I think your software is all fucked up... time to go in to safe mode and reboot from a backup

1 minute ago, Sawdamizer said:

Hmmm thought you were 4/9.... I think your software is all fucked up... time to go in to safe mode and reboot from a backup

NO definitely 4/12. 4/9 is not a valid date in the system calendar. nothing happened on that date.

it's a feature, not a bug.

And the poll is closed. I was gonna wait until now to add my comments so the voting would be more impartial.

So, let's compare the results to the nation. About 70% of us have received at least one dose. About 44.1% of the US population has received at least one dose as of April 30, 2021.

1904650547_vaccinationrate.thumb.jpg.d866d7ba9a217ddc953dfcb2e8eee770.jpg

It takes about 70% of the population, whether vaccinated or previously infected, to reach herd immunity, and even with one dose the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines provide some protection against the virus. If the general population resembled our community more, we may have been much closer to obtaining it by now.

Also keep in mind that most of the early vaccinations were to older people. Our community's median age is 30-something, yet a high proportion of us still got vaccinated. Impressive, honestly.

I'll make another poll in June some time, just as a follow up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bnmjy said:

And the poll is closed. I was gonna wait until now to add my comments so the voting would be more impartial.

So, let's compare the results to the nation. About 70% of us have received at least one dose. About 44.1% of the US population has received at least one dose as of April 30, 2021.

1904650547_vaccinationrate.thumb.jpg.d866d7ba9a217ddc953dfcb2e8eee770.jpg

It takes about 70% of the population, whether vaccinated or previously infected, to reach herd immunity, and even with one dose the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines provide some protection against the virus. If the general population resembled our community more, we may have been much closer to obtaining it by now.

Also keep in mind that most of the early vaccinations were to older people. Our community's median age is 30-something, yet a high proportion of us still got vaccinated. Impressive, honestly.

I'll make another poll in June some time, just as a follow up.

So we're at a higher rate than America in general, noice.

On 4/27/2021 at 8:43 PM, katt_goddess said:

My system is now fully equipped with all the materials necessary to mutate an unstoppable virus that can be released on the world with every coffee belch. 

I'm gonna see whether Biden makes good on his promises of a paid day off to get the vaccine and additional days for recovery from the side effects.

If so, I'm definitely going for the J&J version.

9 hours ago, Commander McBelch said:

I'm gonna see whether Biden makes good on his promises of a paid day off to get the vaccine and additional days for recovery from the side effects.

I got the Moderna vaccine and the only side effect I had was a sore arm.  It only takes a few minutes and you don't need an appointment.

10 hours ago, Commander McBelch said:

Don’t worry about getting vaccinated, you’ll be fine

I’ll probably mention it again once the next poll comes around, but I got the second shot a couple days ago. I felt like shit yesterday from the side effects, but I felt a lot better today and didn’t feel bad enough to take off work so that was a thing. 

• Like 2

A vaccine that does not fully protect you from catching covid.

You still have to wear a mask.

You still have to social distance.

Lots of people were having complications from the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.

I wear a mask when I do have to go out. I have practiced social distancing my entire life.

I'm good. 

There's no fear involved, it just seems as useless as putting on a condom to fuck Packard's mom.

10 minutes ago, resurrected said:

I wear a mask when I do have to go out. I have practiced social distancing my entire life.

I'm good. 

There's no fear involved, it just seems as useless as putting on a condom to fuck Packard's mom.

No vaccine is 100% effective and the more people that vaccinate the more restrictions can ease up.  Vaccinated people don’t have to wear masks outside, they can be in small indoor gatherings without masks.  I don’t understand why you say it’s useless to vaccinate. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, resurrected said:

I'm good. 

A condom isn't a guarantee either but it's still a good idea to wear one if you don't want kids or STDs.
Also the vaccines help prevent hospitalizations for vaccinated people who still contract covid-19.

Edited by Sieg67

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

No vaccine is 100% effective and the more people that vaccinate the more restrictions can ease up.  Vaccinated people don’t have to wear masks outside, they can be in small indoor gatherings without masks.  I don’t understand why you say it’s useless to vaccinate. 

Restrictions? There have never been any restrictions here. Masks have never been mandated. And isn't it true that only small indoor gatherings are permitted if everyone in the group has been vaccinated? Not that this has an impact on me, because I don't have gatherings, and I don't go to gatherings. I don't know. I feel like this shit was rushed way too fast, and I just want to wait a minute before I commit to it. Not saying it's not going to happen at some point, but not right now. I didn't say it WAS useless. I said it seemed useless. From what I've read. Based on having to still do the same things and it not being fool proof. Also, geographically speaking, mostly the people here who have refused to wear a mask, are the first ones to get the vaccine. It's like they're saying this shit is a hoax, but they'll take the vaccine so they can post their little card on Facebook, along with their faith over fear bullshit. That's the truth in this area, but don't get it twisted, I don't care about the politics behind it. I don't care if it's all reps or all dems getting it. I just want to make damn sure this shit is going to be legit before I get one. I'm not afraid of some stupid microchip bs that people are up in arms about. Nah. I'm just cautious about what goes in me. If this shit is totally legit, unlike the Johnson and Johnson one that was causing problems for many people, creating blood clots, etc., then I will commit to getting it. For that reason alone, I'm glad I didn't run out and get one immediately. After this past year and some change, we have decided that this will be our new norm. We will continue to wear masks and sanitize, even when/if this virus is 100% curable. It's been eye-opening. Even before the pandemic, I never went out. Maybe once a month. And that was to get necessities. No one comes to our house, because people. Ugh. One other thing is, I'm highly allergic to some medications/''ingredients'' in medications. I have to know what's in this too. Long story short, (too late) I am worried because I don't want this vaccine to do more harm than good to me. I have other health conditions that worry me more than covid does. But covid worries the shit out of me too. 

2 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

A condom isn't a guarantee either but it's still a good idea to wear one if you don't want kids or STDs.
Also the vaccines help prevent hospitalizations for vaccinated people who still contract covid-19.

I know. This part of the comment was just a jab at Packard.

28 minutes ago, resurrected said:

Restrictions? There have never been any restrictions here. Masks have never been mandated. And isn't it true that only small indoor gatherings are permitted if everyone in the group has been vaccinated? Not that this has an impact on me, because I don't have gatherings, and I don't go to gatherings. I don't know. I feel like this shit was rushed way too fast, and I just want to wait a minute before I commit to it. Not saying it's not going to happen at some point, but not right now. I didn't say it WAS useless. I said it seemed useless. From what I've read. Based on having to still do the same things and it not being fool proof. Also, geographically speaking, mostly the people here who have refused to wear a mask, are the first ones to get the vaccine. It's like they're saying this shit is a hoax, but they'll take the vaccine so they can post their little card on Facebook, along with their faith over fear bullshit. That's the truth in this area, but don't get it twisted, I don't care about the politics behind it. I don't care if it's all reps or all dems getting it. I just want to make damn sure this shit is going to be legit before I get one. I'm not afraid of some stupid microchip bs that people are up in arms about. Nah. I'm just cautious about what goes in me. If this shit is totally legit, unlike the Johnson and Johnson one that was causing problems for many people, creating blood clots, etc., then I will commit to getting it. For that reason alone, I'm glad I didn't run out and get one immediately. After this past year and some change, we have decided that this will be our new norm. We will continue to wear masks and sanitize, even when/if this virus is 100% curable. It's been eye-opening. Even before the pandemic, I never went out. Maybe once a month. And that was to get necessities. No one comes to our house, because people. Ugh. One other thing is, I'm highly allergic to some medications/''ingredients'' in medications. I have to know what's in this too. Long story short, (too late) I am worried because I don't want this vaccine to do more harm than good to me. I have other health conditions that worry me more than covid does. But covid worries the shit out of me too. 

I’m sorry but I can’t read all of that so I skimmed it. If there are no restrictions where you are then get the vaccine and don’t worry about what other cities and states are doing. As for them being rushed Moderna and Pfizer studies and trials had way more people in them than usual, and no safety was compromised. They cut through red tape. They were able to do multiple steps at a time, rather than complete A go to B. The JnJ really didn’t have that many people having that rare reaction and they were all females. The fact that they paused out of an abundance of caution should tell you safety protocols work.  If you have health issues talk to your doctor if they tell you to get vaccinated then do it. 

• Like 1