UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

He probably lives in Japan, right? I don't blame him for not showing up.

Well last time he didn't show up it was because he was against George Bush's stance on war. Had he showed up this time, it would have been when Oppenheimer won best picture.

• Like 1

Point: You do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to" Fox News.

Counterpoint: As someone who remembers that Defector exists because the guy who bought Deadspin told everyone to "stick to sports" and then they all quit or got fired at once, it is hilarious to me that after selling Deadspin to a European...something, it got called a "liberal blog" by Fox.

• Like 1

"You're playing Chrono Trigger, is that a shooting game or something?" I was actually asked this question and what makes it worse the person asking me this is only two years younger than me...I think a part of me just died inside:LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

• Like 3

David Lynch's Dune sucked compared to Denis Villeneuve.  But I kind of like the soundtrack to Lynch's a bit more, even if it was just more proof that Lynch missed the entire goddamn point of the novel.

I'm still annoyed with Lynch cutting the Weirding Way.  ""Kung fu on sand dunes would look silly!"  Your whole goddamn movie looked ridiculous.  You were the one who put Sting in that codpiece!

45 minutes ago, Insipid said:

The corned beef I had yesterday wasn't as good as I rhought it would be . . . but the Indian curry I just had was fire. Seriously, my mouth feels like it's on fire. 😫

Doing mine right now because the kids ordered pizza before I got to it and I was like fuck it, I'll just eat nuggets and watch JJK....corned beef has never been a miss for me except that one time I undercooked it. I legit feel bad it didn't turn out well because it's one of my faves 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

Feeling bad about myself but also embarrassed to allow a guy to tell my entire family he's planning on marrying me only for him to dump me a year or two later. Like it's your loss because I'm a bad bitch. But also damn I'm going to die alone as a cat lady. 

That is fucked up.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

speaking of...

don't forget about switching the direction of your ceiling fans. 

i'm not entirely sure which way..but here we are 

if this is a thing then why not put that on a sticker on the fan?

Counterclockwise to push the cool air down to circulate around the room or something like that 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2023/06/01/ceiling-fan-direction-summer/70253917007/

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

I'm going on a date tonight and I'm nervous af. His name is the name of my ex that was terrible to me, so he already loses points. But we're going to get food so we'll find out. 😬

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Almost 24 hours into a 36 hour fast. Normally, there's more grouchiness, but this time I am getting moments of seeming mental clarity. I actually feel pretty good right now. In this modern life of over-indulgence, asceticism can really help . . . and I'm not even a religious person.

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 2

I got confirmation from someone in the front office today that the guy who sets our jobs up probably isn't paying attention anymore and that why so much paperwork is weird or wrong.

Also I got some of those Andes mints.

So two small victories for me today.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I hate it when I get the urge to type out something long, opinionated and probably somewhat divisive for some people, only to read it before I submit, and delete it because it’s just not a hill I’m really willing to die on.

I know the feeling...I often have opinions, and go through the trouble to type it, then think "OMG, someone is going to come crying about this and I really don't care enough about it to defend my stance other than 'I said what I said' to people who've already decided to disagree with me....so fuck it, let's got find videos of people falling off shit"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1