UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

My heart rate no longer rises up as much as I want it to when I exercise. It's a good sign that I'm getting more fit, but it also means I need to push myself harder, which I find to be annoying. I guess it prevents complacency.

• Like 1

0556C25B-FF85-4DBC-83F5-ED5458D42A9F.jpeg.598bd8c8d56ee0590350f569a44fc8f8.jpeg

I was told to hold onto this (years ago?) in the event that it would actually be worth something.

It’s the single most meaningless thing in my whole house. I have empty beer bottles scattered around the kitchen counter that I’m certain should be worth more than some shitty tin chip container.

Lebron isn’t even 43 or 40 yet. Isn’t that something?

The number of layoffs are honestly even higher and quicker than I imagined. It's so depressing to watch even as someone who isn't an artist for a living. AI bros look like the goofiest motherfuckers right now. "AI's the best thing that happened to artists! Corporations are gonna be so kind and use generative AI to help make their artists' work more efficient! There's gonna be so many jobs or UBI will come to save the day!"

The goofiest motherfuckers. I can't even keep track of how many artists are leaving the industry entirely so they can survive. And so much shit coming out from companies that looks lazy and ugly. Google Images for art refs is fucked unless you're searching 2020 and before that year. Getting covers, license-free images, or even getting license-free audio clips is hell now. Contract negotiations are even worse now too in pretty much every creative industry. You have little say about your work being fed into AI programs and so many positions changed just so you're paid less for fixing AI shit.

It is bad-bad.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, -Kudasai- said:

Benji did once before with Packard 

I mean, I've done it too...with fuggz and probably Packard too iirc, but logging in to see it I was like "oh shit, I got work to do" but it was just a bunch of old posts

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Wtf Facebook... can't log in so I guess this is my only distraction that doesn't legitimately look like I'm playing video games 

Well, shit. I was just about to let loose a venomous rant in Haters/Complainers. Guess it’s a site-wide thing, then? Oh well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Wtf Facebook... can't log in so I guess this is my only distraction that doesn't legitimately look like I'm playing video games 

What?! Facebook is down and RACG didn't show up to rage about it?

• Like 1

I’m thinking of a few years back, some kickboxers came to our gym to get ready for MMA fights.  Big dudes, tough but nice, but they needed the help of us grappler/wrestler types for their fights.  I then remember DBZ randomly coming up in a conversation and all of them revealed themselves to be huge fans of it.  One of them even named his dog Gohan.

I don’t doubt that similar stories of guys in the martial arts/combat sports sphere occurred all over the world.  

• Thanks 1