UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

9 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

How the government killed MLK Jr. then gave themselves a day off for it.

I just heard that the third Monday of January is nicknamed Blue Monday. It tends to be the most depressing day of the year . . . and also when MLK day is observed. What the fuck?

• Like 2

My iphone weather app keeps saying it's not going to rain, but it keeps raining.

The app does predict rain for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Should I treat that as its going to be drier than a desert on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, or should I treat it as, if even the weather app has to admit its going to rain, then we must be heading for Hurricane Katrina Part II: West Coast Version?

• Thanks 2

Gayle King fucking sucks. I just saw her interviewing one of those gymnasts sexually assaulted by that one doctor and she was explicitly asking questions about her genitals. Bitch, you're only famous cause your tongue was literally up Oprah's cunt. Fuck off.

• Thanks 1

Lately, I've been practicing not giving into temptation. Almost makes me sound religious, although I think religion is mostly bullshit. I do like the Buddhist concept of finding balance between asceticism and hedonism.

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 2

Did they change the formula for Gatorade or something? I bought some the other day because I hadn’t had it in a while. This particular flavor (Cool Blue) used to be crisp & refreshing. Now, it just tastes like pure sugar. I’m quite disappointed.

Edited by The_annoying_one
Put a period in place of a question mark. I hate that.

23 hours ago, Insipid said:

Luke Combs' version of Fast Car is so stupid. Your country ass is really working in the market as a checkout girl? 🙄

I think it's safe to say that "modern" country music is abhorrent.

One of my uncles got me a cookbook for Christmas along with a new travel mug, Goon with a Spoon, and so far, all the recipes are really good.  Not bad for a book that seems more like a novelty because Snoop Dogg is on the cover.

Eh, not much. Just pondering about things like drive and determination to succeed. Comparing myself to others can have it's drawbacks but I know that it's also important to have a model for success. I believe that it doesn't necessarily mean you have to change your personality into something that doesn't feel natural so it drives me crazy to see so many people thinking they have to be fake and manipulative to turn things in their favor. 

I can be optimistic in the fact that I haven't given up on myself so it must mean there's at least a few thousand more people that feel the same way I do. 

• Thanks 1

After all these years I'm just now finding out that there is cheat code in Donkey Kong 3 that will give me all 85 bonus coins so now I can bypass all those annoying goddamn bonus levels and see the whole game. And wouldn't you know I have the next two days off so I'm going to be completely dialed in on DKC3 for the next 48 hours

• Thanks 1

Watching live action Cowboy Bebop for the first time.

It was an incredibly bad choice to give Vicious a foppish British accent. He's not supposed to be a fucking Bond villain.

I'm glad they didn't waste time getting Faye into the story. Considering the show was canceled after 10 episodes, I really hope they hurried up getting Ed in there too. In the anime it took like 8 or 9 episodes before they introduced Ed.

I'm wondering if there's a possible law to get passed banning narcissists from leadership positions professionally I'm fully aware is discrimination but on the other hand, it's a medical diagnosis called personality disorder and it's harmful to have those people in parallel power It is truly in the medical documentation It's in the medical diagnostic manual 5.

2 hours ago, ghostrek said:

I'm wondering if there's a possible law to get passed banning narcissists from leadership positions professionally I'm fully aware is discrimination but on the other hand, it's a medical diagnosis called personality disorder and it's harmful to have those people in parallel power It is truly in the medical documentation It's in the medical diagnostic manual 5.

No.

For a vast array of reasons, not least of which being that the DSM is incredibly arbitrary, and what is and what is not a mental illness changes every time they revise it (which occurs at least every 10 years).

• Thanks 1

So 10k steps comes from a Japanese ad from the sixties for a pedometer called manpo. Man means 10k and the character stylized supposedly looks like a person walking 万 (I don't see it). Also, manpo sounds like manko, which means cunt.

The more you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1