UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

3 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I have a job interview on Wednesday, and all I can do is imagine every single way I’m going to destroy my chances.

Is anybody else here like this, or am I just being completely ridiculous?

I’ve been trying to get a new job for years now, and I always worry about screwing up.

Although in my case, those are VP/SVP jobs I’m applying for.  I think that adds to the stress.  They want what they want.  All you can do is put your best foot forward.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I have a job interview on Wednesday, and all I can do is imagine every single way I’m going to destroy my chances.

Is anybody else here like this, or am I just being completely ridiculous?

I couldn’t tell you how many interviews I’ve fucked up or how often they just weren’t serious about giving someone a job.

It’s very discouraging even when you have a resume but it’s on them.

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Let me help. 

This is the what are you thinking thread...so next time you're thinking about something, you don't have to make a thread....you can post it here

You’re perhaps his strongest critic and preceptor and I unfortunately feel as though that’s not stressed enough. But I wish for my mutual friend to appreciate your guidance. 

Currently feeling lonely and empty and emoy. Had a date for valentines day. Someone asked me out. For them to turn around and cancel the day of because they broke their cell phone and had to buy a new one. 🙄😒 I ended up blocking him because my feelings were hurt and I was over him trying to wiggle into my life like he usually does because I allowed it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

On 2/15/2024 at 9:10 PM, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

Currently feeling lonely and empty and emoy. Had a date for valentines day. Someone asked me out. For them to turn around and cancel the day of because they broke their cell phone and had to buy a new one. 🙄😒 I ended up blocking him because my feelings were hurt and I was over him trying to wiggle into my life like he usually does because I allowed it. 

Aw, we could have gone out and you still could feel lonely and empty I'm good at that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, viperxmns said:

It's weirdly satisfying to eat leftovers that had been sitting in the fridge for kind of a long time and not get the sharbus from it particularly when you recently had sharbus from something that wasnt leftovers

I'm pretty sure "sharbus" is another term for diarrhea, but I can't figure out how the "bus" part factors in to this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I'm pretty sure "sharbus" is another term for diarrhea, but I can't figure out how the "bus" part factors in to this.

My brothers used to refer to sitting on the toilet as riding the bus, and, in the same vein, referred to toilet paper as "tickets."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I finally get my hands on the headphones I bought, and they’re mind numbingly fucking loud even on the lowest volume setting.

...I at least have them!

Fuck you, Apple. I’m neverevereverevereverever gonna buy AirPods! I’m neverevereverevereverever gonna buy AirPods! Oh, he’s neverevereverevereverever gonna buy AirPods! No, he’s neverevereverevereverever gonna buy AirPods!

• Like 2

I'm in the mood for Battletoads tonight. I'll probably go with Battlemaniacs on SNES because of the soundtrack and the fact it's shorter than the NES game. And if I'm going to get my ass handed to me I'd rather it be for six levels than twelve levels 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2