UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

No .... it just smells ... artificial. Like it doesn't stink ... but it doesn't smell good

I think you’re probably right with the air conditioner.  Those wall/window units tend get a weird smell over time from condensate on the coils.

• Like 1

In the hot dog eating contest episode of King of the Hill, Dale did Bill no favors by making him realizing he "should" quit because people were laughing at him... You know who wasn't laughing at him, and genuinely was sexually attracted to the hot dog eating and wanted to sleep with him and only didn't because 1) Bill said let's wait until after the contest and 2) Bill threw in the towel in said contest and quit the contests forever? That groupie. She legit wanted him and liked him for the eating talent. And for Bill, isn't that what was really important? In that other episode where he attempts suicide, was his depression stemming from him having not enough friends, not enough respect from the general public, or was it from not having a woman since his ex-wife left him leaving him with no children?

10 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

In the hot dog eating contest episode of King of the Hill, Dale did Bill no favors by making him realizing he "should" quit because people were laughing at him... You know who wasn't laughing at him, and genuinely was sexually attracted to the hot dog eating and wanted to sleep with him and only didn't because 1) Bill said let's wait until after the contest and 2) Bill threw in the towel in said contest and quit the contests forever? That groupie. She legit wanted him and liked him for the eating talent. And for Bill, isn't that what was really important? In that other episode where he attempts suicide, was his depression stemming from him having not enough friends, not enough respect from the general public, or was it from not having a woman since his ex-wife left him leaving him with no children?

I dunno about that specific episode because I haven't watched King of the Hill in a long time but it's probably all of it. Bill's the only one that really doesn't have anybody. 

So something I read on a facebook post prompted me to look up Slash on wikipedia. The post said he was British-American. I never knew that. So I went to his wiki, which said he was born in England and moved to L.A. when he was five. His wiki page led me to another fact I didn't know: He is part black. I thought I heard somewhere he was Jewish, which I thought was the cause for his 'fro and relatively dark complexion, as well as his name being Saul, but his wiki page didn't mention him being Jewish when I skimmed it just now. The reason for his name being Saul was he was named after a Romanian-American cartoonist named Saul Steinberg.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

On 5/4/2022 at 2:48 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

So something I read on a facebook post prompted me to look up Slash on wikipedia. The post said he was British-American. I never knew that. So I went to his wiki, which said he was born in England and moved to L.A. when he was five. His wiki page led me to another fact I didn't know: He is part black. I thought I heard somewhere he was Jewish, which I thought was the cause for his 'fro and relatively dark complexion, as well as his name being Saul, but his wiki page didn't mention him being Jewish when I skimmed it just now. The reason for his name being Saul was he was named after a Romanian-American cartoonist named Saul Steinberg.

I dunno man ... I thought this was common knowledge ... maybe just in the black community XD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

I dunno man ... I thought this was common knowledge ... maybe just in the black community XD

The first time I saw the dude when I was a kid, I said "that dude's black" I didn't know I was right until the Internet, but it was one of my earliest searches

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

The first time I saw the dude when I was a kid, I said "that dude's black" I didn't know I was right until the Internet, but it was one of my earliest searches

This is my first time hearing somebody didn't know he was black 

On 5/16/2022 at 12:08 PM, André Toulon said:

Playing mega man x legacy and now I'm trying to remember....are you the one that pointed out that the bosses were named after G&R members.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:09 PM, André Toulon said:

Wait, it mighta been kudasai

Definitely not me.

As close to that I knew was Ozzie, Flea, and Slash from Chrono Trigger all being named after famous rock musicians.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Definitely not me.

As close to that I knew was Ozzie, Flea, and Slash from Chrono Trigger all being named after famous rock musicians.

Oh shit....They removed them?

I was playing X 1 and 2 so I didn't notice....But now I need to see.

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-will-remove-guns-n-roses-boss-names/#:~:text=For those who don't,name)%2C and Grizzly Slash.

Edited by cyberbully
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Why did they choose to play a trailer for a movie about Elvis before the Jujutsu Kaisen movie? 

..... Are these people really your target audience? 

.....the Japanese love Elvis.

Or that just might be some shit I picked up from a stereotypical movie or show, but I saw something to that effect....

And thinking about it ....I might be thinking Koreans

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, André Toulon said:

.....the Japanese love Elvis.

Or that just might be some shit I picked up from a stereotypical movie or show, but I saw something to that effect....

And thinking about it ....I might be thinking Koreans

But it was in the theaters here. 

I will not be watching a movie about Elvis. The part in Forest Gump was all I need 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why are there so many activities this weekend? Isn’t Memorial Day next week? This is messing with me getting doughnuts. 

That tenderloin yesterday was all right. I wish my spot hadn’t closed. And why did my sorry butt forget to ask for my aunt’s Wi-Fi password again?

And now I know there’s a branch of my family involved in a land feud… in Tennessee, so despite the fact my mom probably got a legit claim to join in that shit, we were all like LOL, NOPE. 

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Like 1

I wonder if the voice of Miss LaBonz from Bob's Burgers was inspired by the voice of Dr. Girlfriend/Mrs. The Monarch from The Venture Bros.

I thought it was funny on The Venture Bros. the first time the Blacula Hunter (can't remember his name) first met Dr. Girlfriend, he was like, "Damn, do you smoke cigarettes, or do you eat 'em?"

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist