UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

2 hours ago, Odd Man Rush said:

Unpopular opinion, I prefer the SNES version of Aladdin over Genesis version. No matter how many times I play the Genesis version I'm just not feeling the gameplay

Escaping the Cave of Wonders in either one was always a bitch . . . at least as a kid. I haven't played it since then.

Aladdin on SNES was the first video game I ever beat (I had the NES since a toddler but I never beat any NES games until I went back and revisited as an older teen.... first NES game I beat was most likely either Mega Man 2 or Zelda 1). I thought SNES Aladdin was a pretty good game but never played the Genesis version so can't comment. Earthworm Jim had a reputation for the SNES version being great but the Genesis version being even better. Never played the Genesis version but the SNES version was one of my favorite games.

• Like 1

I have nothing to base this on other than gut feelings, but I think Prince was a much bigger weirdo than Michael Jackson. He just had a better public image.

Edit: Actually, I do. That Artist formerly known as Prince crap he did. Weird af.

Edited by Insipid

5 hours ago, Insipid said:

I have nothing to base this on other than gut feelings, but I think Prince was a much bigger weirdo than Michael Jackson. He just had a better public image.

Edit: Actually, I do. That Artist formerly known as Prince crap he did. Weird af.

So "The Artist" phase of his career was due to conflict with Warner Brothers studio.  They owned the name Prince and all his music, so to fuck them over he used the symbol until the whole contract issue was resolved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

So "The Artist" phase of his career was due to conflict with Warner Brothers studio.  They owned the name Prince and all his music, so to fuck them over he used the symbol until the whole contract issue was resolved.

See, I don't know if a lot of people even know that.  I guess if you really followed his career, you would figure it out, but I think a lot of misconceptions happened because people were too busy studying the image instead of the man himself.

14 hours ago, Insipid said:

That whole skin condition as well as Neverland Ranch didn't do Michael Jackson any favors.

7 hours ago, scoobdog said:

See, I don't know if a lot of people even know that.  I guess if you really followed his career, you would figure it out, but I think a lot of misconceptions happened because people were too busy studying the image instead of the man himself.

I get surprised by people not knowing about it because that man did not hold his tongue.

1 minute ago, DragonSinger said:

I get surprised by people not knowing about it because that man did not hold his tongue.

You can never take Prince's own words at face value.  He was first and foremost a showman, so, naturally, what he was saying always served a greater purpose than what he was literally conveying.

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

You can never take Prince's own words at face value.  He was first and foremost a showman, so, naturally, what he was saying always served a greater purpose than what he was literally conveying.

I think he was pretty consistent when he talked about the music industry screwing over artists(going by my raggedy ass memory). It was also a big deal at the time because the code of silence in the music industry was still pretty strong. Learning about what was happening behind the scenes was interesting plus the fact that a big artist like him had to go through that shit was eye-opening.

• Thanks 1

It's because of people like Turner on Big Brother that I absolutely refuse to fuck with white dudes who are youtubers. Not just because they tend to be racist, but because they're fucked up in a way that you gotta keep one eye on them at all times.

Other Big Brother viewers: OMG, Turner is so funny and cool!

Me: *White male youtuber. Do not trust*

Other Big Brother viewers after several weeks: Turner is amazing! He could be voted America's Favorite Player!

Me: *White male youtuber. Do not trust*

Turner after Big Brother twist splits the housemates into 2 groups and he can use the twist to sabotage his alliance members: This black woman and middle eastern guy I've been hanging out and talking with until 4 in the morning? Yeah, I hate them and want to destroy them. *Laughs while their mental health declines*

Other Big Brother viewers: 😮 WTF!

Also Turner: *Campaigns to get the more vocal racist off the going home block so he can get the black woman sent home*

Other Big Brother viewers: 😭 🖌️ 🤡

Me:

GvBlvy.gif

• Thanks 1

Is it general paranoia when I’m driving and I am going to a place, let’s say target, but I live like 5 miles away and I am going back roads to avoid traffic… and I make a few other turns to just really understand if the person behind me for 5 miles is coming to throw hands?

I pulled over and acted like I was on my phone to see what they would do but knuckles were ready.

anyways… I bought a really cool new puzzle for the fam tonight.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Odd Man Rush said:

I've been playing a lot of the old Disney Capcom games lately and one thing that kinda bothers is why the hell wasn't there a game based of Gummi Bears? Shit Bonkers got it's own game but Gummi Bears wasn't good enough to get it's own game?

I can almost swear I played a gummi bears games.....complete with Duke igthorn as the antagonist......

There was a jousting stage?

......wtf am I remembering....it was gummi bears, right....

I fucking hate you so much rn kudz....

*Googles*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Other than scene transitions, giving better speaking roles to darker skinned black folks besides villains/nonhumans, and some annoyance at changing some of Mat's/Perrin's backstory, I really like the Wheel of Time series.

I'm also biased because Nynaeve being black was a major win for me, and her relationship with Lan was the only romance I loved in the books so I'm eating pretty good. 

I don't know why people are complaining about the clothes. That's probably Jordan's fault because his characters had the tiniest excuses to have different color schemes and styles of clothing whenever possible which is super expensive to pull off, but I like that aspect being thrown in anyways.

This Philly morning news anchor is stunningly beautiful, she’s smart and seems to have a great personality…. And she’s on Fox 25… so not sure how long she’ll make it there because she doesn’t sound like the typical Fox person.

Shes black and not blonde too.

Alex Hollie is her name, for the interested.

she’s what I’m thinking about.

Edited by Sawdy
  • Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

I've never used the ignore feature before, but since I needed to block som PMs, I went ahead and blocked all their content and I gotta say. I like it....if you don't have that nasty desire to actually see wtf they said, it really does work.

But I see why it's tempting...it shouldn't inform you of every single post....maybe the first post in a thread but when you're dealing with a spammer, it does kinda fuck up the flow.

• Sad 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:46 AM, viperxmns said:

Continuing the bathroom talk few things in life are as mysterious to me as the rare perfect shit where you don't need to wipe

There's ones that are trolls where it only seems like that at first and then there's the real deal

forever wipes. 

half a roll of toilet papier....then 18 baby wipes (not to be flushed)