UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

2 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

Stress buying this Biscoff dark chocolate cookie butter bar was not a bad decision. Very nice and rich. It's chonky so the extra buck over other bars isn't too painful. 

all I can think of when I hear "biscoff"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NewBluntsworth said:

What's wrong with China, doesn't seem so bad relative to the rest of the global power structure

You do realize I'm Japanese, right?

Besides that point, have been paying attention to the banking crisis going on right now? That's really fucked up. They don't have FDIC like America, so a lot of Chinese citizens don't have access to their entire life savings. And they're supposed to be "communist." 🙃

• Haha 1

I had to go to the magistrate's office to plead not guilty for failing to stop at a stop sign, and right before the office I had to to wait for a turn. Someone ran the stop sign going over 40mph, and if I hadn't been cautious I would have been hit. The irony of life. 🙃

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Insipid said:

I had to go to the magistrate's office to plead not guilty for failing to stop at a stop sign, and right before the office I had to to wait for a turn. Someone ran the stop sign going over 40mph, and if I hadn't been cautious I would have been hit. The irony of life. 🙃

Always cite safety in breaking traffic laws.

make shit up… fuck they do it.

I got out of a failure to negotiate a lane, maintain lane, and speeding… I stated that the car in front of me stopped suddenly and I swerved to prevent an accident and sped up to not cause issues behind me….

walked out like a pimp

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sawdy said:

Always cite safety in breaking traffic laws.

make shit up… fuck they do it.

I got out of a failure to negotiate a lane, maintain lane, and speeding… I stated that the car in front of me stopped suddenly and I swerved to prevent an accident and sped up to not cause issues behind me….

walked out like a pimp

Nah, I'm not too worried. This isn't my first citation. The cop seemed nice and just told me to plead not guilty and everything will be fine. He seemed genuine, and my gut has never failed me about cops yet. Waste of time still, but whatever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Nah, I'm not too worried. This isn't my first citation. The cop seemed nice and just told me to plead not guilty and everything will be fine. He seemed genuine, and my gut has never failed me about cops yet. Waste of time still, but whatever.

Damn, well then… hope you don’t get boned. Stop sign violations will fuck your insurance

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 7:29 AM, Insipid said:

If the cop genuinely believes "just plead not guilty and you'll be fine," I have to wonder why he even bothered to stop you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

If the cop genuinely believes "just plead not guilty and you'll be fine," I have to wonder why he even bothered to stop you.

Who knows? Most likely, the worst case scenario is that I pay a smaller fine with no points added to my license. I know the cops in that area like to do that. Easy way for the municipality to make money, I guess.

As a man who has dealt with more than a few traffic citations, some bogus, some not. If the cop shows up to court and you plead not guilty, it's going to trial... you'll lose and court fees will be on you. 

If he's in that courtroom and has you dead to rights, my advice would be plead guilty and pay the fine. Contesting it in futility will cost you. If he's not there, then yeahhh....not guilty all the way.

Do what you want tho.

• Like 3

Was struggling to find anything that is open 24 hours a day now. Needed pedialyte at 12am, and some items that would be easy on a tummy, but learned that absolutely nothing that could provide pedialyte was open and wouldn’t reopen until 6am, even Walmart… guess didn’t ever need it before, but there I was last night.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

Was struggling to find anything that is open 24 hours a day now. Needed pedialyte at 12am, and some items that would be easy on a tummy, but learned that absolutely nothing that could provide pedialyte was open and wouldn’t reopen until 6am, even Walmart… guess didn’t ever need it before, but there I was last night.

Yeah, the only thing open 24/7 here is the Love's Truck Stop.....Incidentally, you can get some basic forms of formula there at one time....Not sure about pedialyte tho.

But yeah, mfers here had a late night "picket" of Walmart because it wouldn't open.....I'm like, who saw y'all if it was closed....Turns out they still employ 24/7...just aren't open that time....The stockers, janitors and whatnot can finally do their jobs in peace.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

Yeah, the only thing open 24/7 here is the Love's Truck Stop.....Incidentally, you can get some basic forms of formula there at one time....Not sure about pedialyte tho.

But yeah, mfers here had a late night "picket" of Walmart because it wouldn't open.....I'm like, who saw y'all if it was closed....Turns out they still employ 24/7...just aren't open that time....The stockers, janitors and whatnot can finally do their jobs in peace.

Which is fair, I get it. Just hits when you didn’t have a plan for it, and that’s on me quite honestly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

I think the only things open past midnight in our area now are drug stores, McDonalds, and Taco Bell.

I feel so bad for the folks who worked on Infinity Train.

• Like 2

My mother just came back from Japan, and she thinks it may be cheaper to live in Japan these days. That's right, an island country with few natural resources and heavily dependent on imports is probably cheaper than America. America has become a huge fucking scam.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Insipid said:

My mother just came back from Japan, and she thinks it may be cheaper to live in Japan these days. That's right, an island country with few natural resources and heavily dependent on imports is probably cheaper than America. America has become a huge fucking scam.

Data tells the story… she’s right at face value for sure.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Japan

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sawdy said:

Data tells the story… she’s right at face value for sure.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Japan

55 percent cheaper rent . . . and Japan is very limited when it comes to land. 🙃

That tool also says rent is cheaper in Tokyo, a city that once was notoriously expensive, than Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Insipid said:

Lol, become....the minute they etched those words that all men are created equal, the scam was evident

• Thanks 1