UnevenEdge

I think I have a girl crush on my hormone doctor

Real_AirCooledGirl

44 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

But when I worked with wagyu? That shit was kept in a locked cooler and I wasn't even allowed to work with it for months until I was trusted. That stuff was often served one way and one way only, depending on the cut of the beef, so no wiggle room. Because what happens when someone gets a bad looking plate and they share it around online? That effects potential covers and it can be an uphill battle to win people back in a restaurant when they believe the quality has dropped, especially fancier places. 

Hell i managed to actually get one this year and was told by the butcher never go beyond med-rare otherwise you wasted your money granted i like mine blue to med-rare so I was good 

You're literally paying for the marbling in that meat and to just burn it like that you don't even deserve to eat steak for the rest of your life 

But who are we to judge we're not doctors or anything

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20180321/well-done-meat-not-good-for-your-blood-pressure#:~:text=Meanwhile%2C studies have found that,high blood pressure%2C Liu said.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

What do you want me to do? Eat bloody, raw-ass beef and call it a meal?

Enjoy your E. coli.

Oh boy you definitely never took a culinary class or a health department course

https://www.napoleon.com/en/us/grills/blog/why-you-should-never-cook-steak-past-medium

. NO RISK OF SICKNESS
Risks of contaminants from rare to medium cooked steaks are incredibly low if that is what your inexperienced friend is concerned about. Any meat bought from a reputable source will carry very little risk of salmonella, E.coli or any other scary ailment associated with undercooked meat. So eating that medium or rare steak isn’t going to make you sick. More to the point, cooking a steak to rare – an internal temperature of 135°F is heating the meat hot enough to kill the bacteria that cause those ailments in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

You still haven't moved me one millimeter. Why judge someone who likes their steak well-done? Why can't you let people enjoy things?

Cause I tried well done food and its disgusting 

Ever ate a burger that was forgotten on a grill? Its literally eating charcoal 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, helpme said:

Most fast food places cook their burgers well done, fyi. When I worked at Burger King, some people asked for their burgers to be run through the broiler twice. Fucking weirdos.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, helpme said:

Don't like it? Don't eat it--SIMPLE!

I'll stick to my well-done steaks. Doesn't matter how "premium" it is. I don't care if it's Wagyu beef that was hand-rubbed by virgins or some shit. I'm still cooking it well-done. And for every comment from the food police, that's one well-done steak I'll eat.

At least I'm sure we can agree that pineapple doesn't belong on pizza. Nor does cheese go on wings.

• D'oh 1

35 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not my favorite or anything but garlic parmesan wings are alright. I'd rather have spicy garlic than parm.

The local wing joints near me serve garlic Parm. So does Buffalo Wild Wings. But I'd rather have them spicy. And you can forget about dipping them in salad dressing (ranch, blue cheese). I tried blue cheese once and I HATED it.

The subject of spicy food came up last time I saw my hormone doctor. I told her that heartburn isn't an issue for me at all. Ditto that I went to these two Indian restaurants, ordered their lamb biryani the spiciest they'd make it, and shrugged it off like it was nothing. I asked what her spice tolerance is like; she didn't say. Half the time I was there, I was lost in her pretty eyes. What gay, bi, or pan girl wouldn't be?

26 minutes ago, helpme said:

1b394303c189d5024f34457422ef8eeb.jpg

I don't give two fucks what the chef thinks. I'm still ordering well-done whether they like it or not. I'm not "destroying" anything. It's called PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

Being a '90s kid, I still have vivid memories of the mad cow disease scare. And even that is only if you eat the brain and nervous tissue. I also saw something on TV about the proper way to cook beef and took it to heart ever since. I was born eating well-done steaks and I'll die eating well-done steaks.

2 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

I don't give two fucks what the chef thinks. I'm still ordering well-done whether they like it or not. I'm not "destroying" anything. It's called PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

Being a '90s kid, I still have vivid memories of the mad cow disease scare. And even that is only if you eat the brain and nervous tissue. I also saw something on TV about the proper way to cook beef and took it to heart ever since. I was born eating well-done steaks and I'll die eating well-done steaks.

How aren’t you fucking banned? 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bnmjy said:

Most fast food places cook their burgers well done, fyi. When I worked at Burger King, some people asked for their burgers to be run through the broiler twice. Fucking weirdos.

I think burgers are the one beef you can get away with cooking well done or medium-well because you’re dealing with cruddier ground meat. 

Steaks, however, have no place being cooked anywhere past medium. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

I think burgers are the one beef you can get away with cooking well done or medium-well because you’re dealing with cruddier ground meat. 

I agree. I'm just saying, the burgers are well done when they go through the BK broiler once. Twice, the burgers get so small and burned . . . it's beyond well done. Just burnt shit. I'm guessing it's the contrast with the juiciness from the lettuce and tomatoes? Still, an abomination.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

The reason you should cook ground meat to at least medium well is not because the meat is worse but because all of the micro organisms that were on the outside of the meat is now on the inside. Because of this it is harder to kill them off by cooking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/15/2021 at 6:08 PM, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

The local wing joints near me serve garlic Parm. So does Buffalo Wild Wings. But I'd rather have them spicy. And you can forget about dipping them in salad dressing (ranch, blue cheese). I tried blue cheese once and I HATED it.

The subject of spicy food came up last time I saw my hormone doctor. I told her that heartburn isn't an issue for me at all. Ditto that I went to these two Indian restaurants, ordered their lamb biryani the spiciest they'd make it, and shrugged it off like it was nothing. I asked what her spice tolerance is like; she didn't say. Half the time I was there, I was lost in her pretty eyes. What gay, bi, or pan girl wouldn't be?

You strike me as the type of person who responds to "How are you?" with a manifesto about eradicating  "undesirables".

Those poor cashiers.....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mthor said:

You know, that's the thing. I used to enjoy her back in rants; I mean, who doesn't love a good tirade about feathered dinosaurs? But the whole American imperialism militant matriarchy thing...I don't recall that being on the table as a whole or in any of its component parts.

American imperialism matriarchy wasn't on the table, but mass murder sure was.

Past Me: Oh, I see posts about food. I always want more of those...

Current Me: Goddamn monkey paw site.

3 hours ago, Baby_Yoda said:

Am i weird for eating blue rare steaks.

i’m over here like bill the butcher. God bless america

1538638A-6858-43B3-8793-D21D2172B1F2.gif

B141A16E-6726-4EF2-92FC-941FDC604152.gif

Nah, y'all good.

Psst........PSST! Anyone see Boo post during a full moon?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

American imperialism matriarchy wasn't on the table, but mass murder sure was.

Mass murder was on the table a lot back then, but back then, all of you whippersnappers were teenage edgelords. The rest of you have grown up; she seems to be an exception.

18 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Me revisiting this thread after fucking around in rants:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dbfcc0317dbf231a5b

Bitch you don't have an ice cube's chance in hell of this going in your favor 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528e19b112896115e547

The way the doctor is giving noncommittal answers and won't even offer up personal info about what spice levels she likes...Guuuurrrlllll, that guard is UP!

• Like 3