UnevenEdge

If you could permaban one Thanksgiving dish what would it be?

Kudasai

3 minutes ago, BlackNoir said:

I've spent the better part of my life in the deep south and at no point has chitterlings been a thanksgiving food.

I mean, they do get eaten, but it like family reunions ans birthday parties...TG has some gross shit...Like yams, but I can't say I've had them on TG

This. I have lived in the deep south all my life and have never known anyone to eat chittlins on Thanksgiving. My dad eats them year round, but I've never had them, and will never try them.

Far as the OP's question, stuffing can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Disco puts all the organ meats in her's, and that's just a hard pass for me. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, resurrected said:

This. I have lived in the deep south all my life and have never known anyone to eat chittlins on Thanksgiving. My dad eats them year round, but I've never had them, and will never try them.

Far as the OP's question, stuffing can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Disco puts all the organ meats in her's, and that's just a hard pass for me. 

I wish y'all would tell these motherfuckers up here not to serve serve chitterlings on Thanksgiving

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kudasai said:

I wish y'all would tell these motherfuckers up here not to serve serve chitterlings on Thanksgiving

No one down here even calls them chitterlings. They're chittlins down here. 

Shit sacks. Plain and simple. Boil the shit out of them literally. 

Hmmm, let's see...I'd have to flip a coin numerous times to determine if ham, cranberry sauce, yams/sweet potatoes, that crappy whipped cream jello fruit thing or any number of other items I've seen offered at Thanksgiving would be eliminated.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, stilgar said:

Those aren't yams. Also, more pumpkin pie for me.

Although I know what you're doing with this "real yams" thing....In what context of this post have you derived that what he's referring to isn't yams...Or are you saying he's calling Pimpkin pie filling yams.

I keep reading this thinking like "what isn't yams?"

1 minute ago, stilgar said:

The yams the majority of Americans serve at Thanksgiving are just sweet potatoes and aren't yams at all. The fact is most Americans haven't even seen a yam, let alone eaten one.

Ohhh, so it's an assumption based on your normal culinary elitism.

As much as I agree that some people have probably never had a real yam, it's not like they are hard to get...It's not like Kobe beef irrc, you can grow em here in controlled environments.  Not to mention anyplace with an Asian market will likely lave the real deal or will get it if you ask without you having to order them internationally youself..  

Honestly, I have a difficult time saying that any food is invalid, because I'm the world's smallest 500-pound man. 

However, I will say that if any of you try to permaban green bean casserole, I swear to God, we're gonna do battle. It'll be fisticuffs. Green bean casserole is fucking AWESOME.

Generally nothing, because, even though there are always dishes I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, there is always enough food I do like for me.

The one pick I can agree with though is Ham.

17 hours ago, resurrected said:

Ham is acceptable any time. 

Close, but not quite. Ham is acceptable any time EXCEPT THANKS-FUCKING-GIVING. THANKSGIVING IS TURKEY. END OF GODDAMN STORY. Although, again, if both turkey and ham are served, that's fine. But if its like, "We're not having turkey this year, we're doing ham instead," Fuck you.

17 hours ago, resurrected said:

pumpkin pie are disgusting to me as well. 

That's it, I'm banning YOU from Thanksgiving. 😜

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, stilgar said:

The yams the majority of Americans serve at Thanksgiving are just sweet potatoes and aren't yams at all. The fact is most Americans haven't even seen a yam, let alone eaten one.

I know what yams are. They're a root. Widely grown in the Caribbean and Africa. 

13 hours ago, stilgar said:

It just annoys me that the majority of Americans are idiots.

True, but most people here in the states only know yams to be the shit Bruce's has in a can. Which is sweet potatoes, even though it's called Bruce's Yams. 

6 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Generally nothing, because, even though there are always dishes I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, there is always enough food I do like for me.

The one pick I can agree with though is Ham.

Close, but not quite. Ham is acceptable any time EXCEPT THANKS-FUCKING-GIVING. THANKSGIVING IS TURKEY. END OF GODDAMN STORY. Although, again, if both turkey and ham are served, that's fine. But if its like, "We're not having turkey this year, we're doing ham instead," Fuck you.

That's it, I'm banning YOU from Thanksgiving. 😜

(Brings the ham to Doom's house on Thanksgiving, when asked to bring the turkey). (For good measure, brings pineapple to put on the ham). Hahaha.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, helpme said:

Mac and cheese 

That has no business being there

GET OUT.

*Burns sage to clear this negative and WRONG energy*

Fuck every sweet potatoes dish and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck pumpkin pie. I won't eat other folks' green bean casserole or brussel sprouts. I'm too lazy to make either dish this year though.

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

tenor.gif

I made a pork loin with stuffing that had raisins in it, and it was actually good.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

GET OUT.

*Burns sage to clear this negative and WRONG energy*

Fuck every sweet potatoes dish and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck pumpkin pie. I won't eat other folks' green bean casserole or brussel sprouts. I'm too lazy to make either dish this year though.

I made a pork loin with stuffing that had raisins in it, and it was actually good.

I only like raisins in raisin brand cereal or alone or occasionally in cinamonny baked goods 

Cant get down with people inserting them anywhere else XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

I just saw a friends wall........this isn't cooked, right?

Because they are commenting like its done.

Screenshot_2020-11-26-10-32-23.png

....  is it done ...?

And what is that stuff with the spoon in it, next to what Im assuming is sweet potato casserole or something

giphy.gif