UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

too much time on my feet this weekend. got a little blister on the side of a toe. and whenever i take a step, the neighbor toe keeps rubbing on it. and it's god damn annoying. so of course, i've been trying to favor that side of the foot by walking all weird. now i'm getting muscle cramps from walking funny on that foot. guess it's time to whip out the moleskin and take this thing seriously.

My job would be so much better if it didn’t have an air of “Dear Leader” horseshit whenever we had to praise our CEO for getting us cold McDonalds or pretending to look like we’re robots whenever someone comes to visit. I get dressing up in our tacky work gear, but forcing us to keep our possessions in the car for an entire day and giving us an uncertain time frame on when we’d be able to have a lunch break out of fear of not being present for the “Its a Small World” presentation he gives our visitors of our work floor is bullshit to the highest degree. We’re productive enough as is, but it’s a hinderance when corporate actively sabotages our quality of life and instills fear on the off chance my wet blanket company is going to lay down the hammer on relatively well-behaved employees. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, helpme said:

The chain is set on the factory default 

411L1BVZtOL._SX425_.jpg

I mean I don't have much to work with 

Watch it flush and see if the chain is too long or short and adjust it to see if that works. There are youtube videos that demonstrate what everything is supposed to look like. 

On to my rant: fuckballs. I stayed quiet hoping that no one would ask me questions, but now I can't keep ducking and have to make a statement. 

Edited by SorceressPol
  • Like 1

Can we not celebrate so-called 'student athletes' ? 

They aren't special. They chase balls around, get pity passes on their classes to keep up their GPA so they can continue to chase balls around, and half the time their 'community service' is doing the stuff they would have to do if any of the crap they get away with was punished. 

1 hour ago, Seight said:

I'D LIKE TO SPEAK WITH

THE PERSON WHO CREATED ZOMBIE SKITTLES

I'm mad that you can't tell the zombie skittles apart from the regular ones. The people I know only eat like a few fruit candies at a time, so this really makes it hard to prank them unless I can get them to eat a full bag. They couldn't add like a white dot on the candy or something? *Sigh* Bertie Bott's jellybeans had me so spoiled. 

• Thanks 1

Dammit, I'm gonna have to blog regularly, aren't I. And now I'm paranoid that getting that many hits so quickly is because my main pseudonym got accidentally linked to it somehow. It's probably not the case because my phone would be dinging with notifications, but I'm still paranoid. There really is a light and day difference between starting a blog after years of experience of what catches visitors versus being a professional newb.

Me earlier: Hey, that Reddit Relationships looks fun. I'll go take a peek.

First post: My brother wants to have sex with me

Me: I'm out! Close tab.

Like damn, why couldn't it start with something a little more chill like regular in-law drama? Nope, the in-law drama right underneath it was a chick about to marry into a family where the FIL murdered his wife.

Ugh, guess I'll find some other way to relax.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 8:25 PM, helpme said:

The chain is set on the factory default 

411L1BVZtOL._SX425_.jpg

I mean I don't have much to work with 

ok update

I changed this out with everything new and its still doing it!

only thing left is the fill valve ...........I'm going to be extremely pissed if that was originally the cause

Why is it fucking impossible for folks to just show empathy? If i say I'm in pain, i don't want your solutions that I've already tried and i sure the fuck don't want someone to tell me how it's my fault. I want you to back the fuck off with your requests for shit, and acknowledge that I'm in pain. Why is that hard?

• Like 1

Almost every Sunday as part of my routine of celebrating not killing anyone at work, I head over to Dunn's Brothers for a fancy coffee and either a sandwich or a pastry. It's my fancy coffee time. 

That location is closing Oct 31 - I had to find out from the news. 

Now I have to go to Caribou and fight with hipster wannabes and their laptops just to get a fancy coffee on the weekends. During winter. On Sundays. The line is always a bitch there and I always get stuck behind the ass-clown that has to order half the menu but each drink has to be hand crafted or they'll shoot blood out of their pores. 

I drink coffee for everyone else's protection. >:( I don't want to walk an extra block+ for something that will freeze before I get home. 

I was gonna make a thread about this but I lost motivation because I thought I would be able to sleep, but now I'm worried.  I always forget this thread is a thing.

This day has kicked my ass, I'm both physically and mentally whooped.  Fun was had at Pinstacks until in the neon maze some little girl juped over the upper rail and landed on my head, knocking me to my knees.  I turned to see if she was ok, but she just ran off....Now I'm slightly pissed but I'm fine so we carry on.

Then MY son, who fucking knows better, decided to have a hissy fit over us leaving....He wanted to stay until it closed...Like we didn't have to stop and eat and drive 2 hours back....So he was a little poop for the rest of the time.

Then for some reason, hwy 35 just randomly has traffic jams once you get back into OK.....35 is fucking mess of 40 years of unfinished construction, but in the area between Thackerville and Marrietta, there is no construction.....So what's the hold up....It's like this a lot, but it just seems so random and out of place.

Finally, I reach my bed, and now the obvious pain from the little girl landing on me is evident.....My neck to my shoulder on the right are in excruciating pain, and I normally sleep on my right because when I got hit by a car on the left back in college, it makes sleeping on the left difficult.  Contemplating the ER.....I figure I'm just sore, but texting a hypochondriac has now made me unduly paranoid that i may have spinal damage if It's painful to move my neck

• Sad 3

The Annual Process of Recertifying My Student Loan Payments, consisting of 10-15 minutes of "crap, this isn't the right password, let me send this to my regular email, copy the code, change and certify Password," followed by 2-5 minutes of actually filling information out.

• Like 1

Me a day ago: Oh wow, Win10 recently did an update and nothing seems to have gone wonky. 

Me 30 minutes ago: *Clicks start button. Nothing happens. Clicks on Chrome icon in taskbar. Nothing happens. Left click, right click, nothing. Accepts that I have to reboot and hopes that doing end task on my work document might have saved it from deleting the most recent version(weird Microsoft Word glitch that I haven't found a fix for yet).

Windows: Nah, bitch. Restart and update.

Me: Endless shrieking.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mthor said:

Goddammit, somehow I fucked the yeast, and I've got a brick in the oven.

This...sounds wrong...on numerous levels. o.O:D

Can we just cancel this ridiculous garbage season? Every year we have our shitty crapmas stuff set by June while people bitch about it being out so early. And every year, it feels like the same assholes who were bitching about the stuff being out early bitch because the item they saw three months ago that would be the crowning item in their entire helliday set-up is now gone. Guess what, dumbass? We had 50 of those things back in June, we still probably had at least 40 of them in September. You are the one that decided to wait it out thinking it would somehow still exist when even the Thanksgiving crap is disappearing before the Halloween crap does. 

Please go lick a flag pole in winter. In your underpants. 

I don't care how much I sound like an old person yelling to get off their lawn, but the new Nancy Drew show bores the crap out of me. Why is it that main female characters have to be introduced with a sex scene? I don't care if there's sex, but why do they keep showing it at the very beginning to try and make a show feel edgy? It just annoys me because I can always guess when they're going to do that. Even if there was a mini flashback before that scene, it still counts because it was introducing the current Nancy. And how y'all gonna try to do an edgy Nancy Drew show but make George straight? Hell, I think even in the YA games she's gay, so like wtf? And why is it that in reboots, their updates is turning characters into brats? These characters are acting like they're 14 instead of 18-19. The narration is also irritating. Edited to add that I'm also side-eyeing the show for making Ned black but he also has to be an ex-convict 🙄.

Edited by SorceressPol
  • Like 1