UnevenEdge

Luuv

Sawdamizer

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, she didn't say he actually did. he thread turned into that because people take the ball and fucking run.

She was just extremely concerned about him.

Yeah dude she contacted a bunch of people on Facebook asking for his info because she thought his post was a suicide note

Yeah dude she contacted a bunch of people on Facebook asking for his info because she thought his post was a suicide note

But didn't say he actually did it.

And besides - his actions leading up to that post made it alarming.

Anyway, I'm not arguing about it in this thread.

Guest The Hound

Guys I cannot just sit here on this thread all night, I have stuff to do.  But I HOPE hope hope for the best in this situation and that this forum continues.

it's not gonna go anywhere

elfie[/member] what's Gaynor's forum again? Is that place no longer exists?

Sadly, it appears his friend, who was responsible for paying the webhost, just up and disappeared from eevryone's radar.  So the site is no longer up, and he and none of his friends can get in touch with him.

It's one of the reasons why I wound up here instead. Gaynor is still around, but rarely visits here.

Guys I cannot just sit here on this thread all night, I have stuff to do.  But I HOPE hope hope for the best in this situation and that this forum continues.

We don't have any intention of shutting the place down. KN is the one hosting the site, so its immediate future is not in question. Luuv saw his role more as designing the place and curating content more than any immediate technical need.

And those of us who he reached out to because he thought we could help build the place - we'll figure it out.

We don't have any intention of shutting the place down. KN is the one hosting the site, so its immediate future is not in question. Luuv saw his role more as designing the place and curating content more than any immediate technical need.

And those of us who he reached out to because he thought we could help - we'll figure it out.

There are a lot of members i have hidden here, but there are many more that I enjoy seeing whenever I post here as well.  I'm glad the situation isn't as grim in terms of what happens to the site, but it's Luuv I am still wondering about. 

There are a lot of members i have hidden here, but there are many more that I enjoy seeing whenever I post here as well.  I'm glad the situation isn't as grim in terms of what happens to the site, but it's Luuv I am still wondering about.

A lot of us are. But for the time being, keep your head up. We aren't going anywhere. :brownbottle:

If it's true, RIP Luuv. I didn't have an extensive history with you, but you were one of the more reasonable mods and helped create this place for us. It was thoughtful of him to get me a link to the place while [as] was on nodeBB, mostly because I haven't stuck my neck out enough to be that popular of a poster. The fact that I was approached straight-up and told of UE months before the boards died was pretty cool. I even made an account as soon as I got the link. He was a great dude

does luuv not have any actual friends or family connected to him on his facebook? or is it a fb generated specifically for us folk?

have you ever looked at your friend or family members fb after they have passed? what does it usually look like to you?

i don't really care what some random people nobody knows are posting there, posts that seem sketchy to begin with. he said he wasn't going to be on for a while, so i'm not jumping to any conclusions because internetz people can not digitally get a hold of him. for all i know, he could be out of the country or in the middle of the wilderness.

its not that i don't understand peoples alarm over the situation, all i am saying is its real easy for your emotions to guide you to quick conclusions that seem entirely justifiable to yourself. could luuv have died? yes. we all could die at any given time. as far as i can tell based on the fb comments and comments here tho, there has been no legitimate confirmation.... so i will save my RIP's for now.

It is confirmed.

by the posts on his fb that started this whole thing and the fact that people can't get in contact with him atm? i've read through all this and still, from my perspective, i don't believe any of that to be legitimate confirmation. unless you got some new news, i'm gonna remain skeptical for now.

maybe he is, maybe he isn't and this is just all so very fucked up a situation.

The Admin is dead.

We did not know Luuv as well as many of you, but We have always appreciated the work he put into the boards, be it the various incarnations of ASMB or UE. He never ceased his efforts to make the community a better place, and though there may have been decisions not everyone agreed with, there is no question about his dedication and passion to that cause. It was all too often a thankless task, and We regret that We never took the time, while We had it, to let him know the extent of Our gratitude.

His presence will be missed, as we endure. And endure we shall, for endure we must. It would be far too shameful to leave the fruits of his labor to rot. But as has been stated, in his absence thus far we have continued. And though none can say what other curveballs the future has to throw, there is no reason We see, that that should change anytime soon. We do not know what a board without Luuv looks like, but it is we, ourselves, who make it, so we should strive to make it something fitting of his memory, something he would be proud of.

The Admin is dead. Long live the Admin.