UnevenEdge

Domestic duties you loathe

SwimOdin

Yeah, I'll have to say laundry too. I live in an apartment, so I also have to walk down a long hallway to the laundry room to roleplay things. And sometimes all the washers or full or some asshole leaves their laundry in the dryer for hours.

Honestly, most of them just because I'd rather be reading or painting or anything other than adulting. :D

But I've found that most chores only take maybe 10 minutes each to do if I actually focus on them so I got one of those silly timers and do '10-minute chores' on Sundays. In between reading and painting and anything else. 

8 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

I don’t mind doing the dishes! I don’t mind cleaning the kitchen, cooking, taking out the trash, don’t mind mowing the lawn!

Can’t stand weed eating. Laundry? More than a load a day, and it’s a mess. Also, the litter box.

any of the outside chores like lawn mowing or raking the leaves. 

15 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

my solution to this was not to have any yard at all. but if i was a homeowner, i would also be paying someone for that.

if i was a home owner I would just never do anything to my yard and let it grow wild. not only do i not like yard work, i think the idea that we should all be obligated to make our yard look a certain way is absurd bullshit. also i want neighborhood kids to make up urban legends about me being a witch

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

if i was a home owner I would just never do anything to my yard and let it grow wild. not only do i not like yard work, i think the idea that we should all be obligated to make our yard look a certain way is absurd bullshit. also i want neighborhood kids to make up urban legends about me being a witch

I get it, but too much shit lives in the grass here....I already live next to a man made swamp.... definitely don't want shit hiding in my grass

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

You'd have to make the exterior of your house look like shit too. Peel some paint off, board up some windows, splatter mud all over it or something...

On 7/6/2023 at 1:16 AM, Lynnrael said:

also i want neighborhood kids to make up urban legends about me being a witch

You'd be surprised at the amount of yard work that goes into that. It takes quite a bit. You'd also have to do some house prep work, too. Thin out paint in some spots, remove a brick or two, damage some plywood, cover/blackout a window.

I may or may not have some experience with making my neighbors leave me alone.

Edited by lupin_bebop

• 2 weeks later...

I used to loathe doing all upkeep around the house back when I was a kid and in college but now that I am older and live alone I pretty much love doing it all haha 

I mostly hated it back in the day when I had roommates and family living with me. I just hated doing other people shit haha but now that I live alone I do not have to worry about that! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I used to loathe doing all upkeep around the house back when I was a kid and in college but now that I am older and live alone I pretty much love doing it all haha 

I mostly hated it back in the day when I had roommates and family living with me. I just hated doing other people shit haha but now that I live alone I do not have to worry about that! 

I completely get this too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomicinumatt said:

I mean, I can have my lazy streaks but I hate when house gets dirty now haha way back in college was another story though 

Yeah, it's like people's standards super imposed on mine which was a turn-off.  It would be an issue if we never changed in that respect xD

• Haha 1