UnevenEdge

Perma Ban Club

granzchesta

First account: posting in the Dear Adult Swim thread two different times in the same night with a spoiler-filled question in the hopes they'd answer immediately after the  offending episode's TV broadcast.

Spoiler

The episode was the season 3 finale of Venture Bros., and the question was if 24 was really dead. Even though his flaming head landed right in 21's hands.

Second account: lying about being over 18 so I could use the private messaging function, which was necessary for a Death Note fanfic character submission happening on the boards. If I had known my character would be killed off after three chapters of their being present, I wouldn't have bothered.

Third account: linking to a site containing hentai imagery (without knowing there was hentai on that side) because I was worried an article I read on another website I knew was not safe for linking on the boards was right in that my computer could be remotely turned into a bomb.

Learning experiences.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

First account: posting in the Dear Adult Swim thread two different times in the same night with a spoiler-filled question in the hopes they'd answer immediately after the  offending episode's TV broadcast.

Hide contents

The episode was the season 3 finale of Venture Bros., and the question was if 24 was really dead. Even though his flaming head landed right in 21's hands.

Second account: lying about being over 18 so I could use the private messaging function, which was necessary for a Death Note fanfic character submission happening on the boards. If I had known my character would be killed off after three chapters of their being present, I wouldn't have bothered.

Third account: linking to a site containing hentai imagery (without knowing there was hentai on that side) because I was worried an article I read on another website I knew was not safe for linking on the boards was right in that my computer could be remotely turned into a bomb.

Learning experiences.

That's so tragic.

My first account was permabanned for linking to meatspin now that I think about it.

25 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Hide contents

Learning experiences.

I remember when everyone thought you were an alt for Zenigundam

• Haha 3

Being a prick, basically.  It’s why I’m so ashamed with how I acted as a dumb high schooler.  Flaming, trolling, malicious spoilers of a show I didn’t watch because this was the dark ages before streaming…

I made an alt account with a dumb name one time (I think it was something like Buttseckser) with the intent of just being as annoying as possible to get banned as quickly as I could. But never had any real bans cause I was a nerd who followed the rules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Athena92 said:

I made an alt account with a dumb name one time (I think it was something like Buttseckser) with the intent of just being as annoying as possible to get banned as quickly as I could. But never had any real bans cause I was a nerd who followed the rules.

Nerd

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, granzchesta said:

What did you get perma banned for on the asmb?

(Let's admit it, we all have done things we were not proud of once upon a time.)

"hacking" the boards.

Basically I snooped around on a Lithium account I inherited credentials for.

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Never got a perma-spank but my first ban was from DrewId for failing to run faster than his interthread ban missile. 

It was downhill from there. :D 

I almost forgot. My first “ban” was also from DrewId. He banned me for 2 minutes because I dared him to. That was fun. 😁

• Haha 2

I got permabanned for using a demotivator that had a tip in it, barely, but it was there.

My FAVORITE permaban was for REPORTING the people who were using a hacked Lithium Technologies account (admittedly after logging in myself and verifying, then copying my profile notes). I let them use it for a while, cause some havoc, then reported it later. 

On 5/26/2023 at 9:22 PM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

How the fuck do you get banned for joining when you're 13?

Because the age limit was higher at the time. I remember his ban for that. It was one of the most hilarious bans/reversals Luvv did. 

14 hours ago, K_N said:

Oh god what didn't I get banned for?

Being a pervert, flaming, and "hacking" mostly.

Ironically never got punished for the one time I actually participated in some hacking.

Ironically, it left some collateral damage that left some IP banned. 🤣

• Haha 1