UnevenEdge

Elon Musk now owns Twitter, apparently trying to run it into the ground

Jman

12 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

So Twitter is updating its Terms of Service next week.

Take a look at this. It indicates they can use all of our Twitter content (this seems to also include DMs) as content for sale and for AI training. šŸ˜¬

bafkreic65ljyqlnphg5aatbzt4croiw3nl4dh3ewkfu6lxcrd5t6xsf3py.jpg

So by the end of next month every Twitter ad will be a repurposed Dril tweet, got it.

Edited by Seight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Twitter (X or whatever) is the worst I've ever seen it right now. The new war in Israel-Palestine broke it. There's a TON of fake information about the event being thrown at you. Amateur "news" accounts just making stuff up. Randos sharing years-old videos and saying it's from the current war. And respectable accounts getting fooled by it and spreading it.Ā 

Now would be the time to ditch that website if you haven't done so already. I would advise not believing ANYTHING you read on it. You may think it's from an official source, but that doesn't mean it's real.Ā 

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

Twitter (X or whatever) is the worst I've ever seen it right now. The new war in Israel-Palestine broke it. There's a TON of fake information about the event being thrown at you. Amateur "news" accounts just making stuff up. Randos sharing years-old videos and saying it's from the current war. And respectable accounts getting fooled by it and spreading it.Ā 

Now would be the time to ditch that website if you haven't done so already. I would advise not believing ANYTHING you read on it. You may think it's from an official source, but that doesn't mean it's real.Ā 

I saw the writing on the wall and bookmarked some trustworthy accounts months ago, so I wouldn't have to dig through garbage for bits of news when it predictably got worse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

Looks like Twitter is actively flagging NSFW content and keeping it off the For You feed. Lots of artists and SWers are talking about jumping ship a la Tumblr.

bafkreidcak3qr43ifwrwyne3xhuk7hhrjstcpyaotzhoy5i5b6wtkap63i.jpg

bafkreigamal7kzq6ozuzsuuf6zxokpc65s6mhulqnvqg5dokos4m47tct4.jpg

bafkreie5jkpn6ygtuf3zfa4jnk3i6keea5wpeogha4yjyd6kllggbaxsee.jpg

Those who fail to learn fromĀ TumblrĀ history are doomed to repeat it.

2 hours ago, Jman said:

This is why I refuse to get a Tesla or suggest it to others. Ā Especially now that the big car manufacturers are making their own electric vehicles. Ā (Give me the Dodge muscle EV now dammit!)

You're likely to get a bill like this with any fully electric car because the batteries themselves are often that expensive and are usually sealed.

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

You're likely to get a bill like this with any fully electric car because the batteries themselves are often that expensive and are usually sealed.

yes, however, the battery shouldn't have been available TOO the elements, in the case, rain. the vehicle is poorly designed. imo, as is that ridiculous 'truck'.Ā 

is there a disclaimer, 'do not drive in the rain'?Ā 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, discolƩ monade said:

yes, however, the battery shouldn't have been available TOO the elements, in the case, rain. the vehicle is poorly designed. imo, as is that ridiculous 'truck'.Ā 

is there a disclaimer, 'do not drive in the rain'?Ā 

Yeah, these cars have too many design flaws for the price they demand. Ā Who knows if that truck will ever see the light of day?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, discolƩ monade said:

again, i know this thread is about twitter, but, i really don't know that this schmuck warrants another thread.Ā 

how cool is it to own a tesla?

Well, that's enough to turn me away from Tesla for the rest of my life. The article continues to say the 8 year warranty doesn't cover that problem.

• Like 2

People are going to pay the dollar and then within a few months it will be $4.99 and people will pay that too. The solution was simple. Donā€™t use Twitter. There are now other options, but for whatever reason those options arenā€™t good enough. Popular accounts with many thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of followers (yes millions too) are the most guilty, and that doesnā€™t make sense to me cuz they can go anywhere. Their followers will go wherever they go. I donā€™t get why anyone is putting up with Muskā€™s bullshit. At this point I gotta think itā€™s cuz they like it.Ā 

• Like 4

I mean... aside from the growing paywall, is it really all that different than all of us that refuse to let this place go? Once you've got an internet home to squat in, most are reluctant to pack up and find a new one, and sometimes just never really connect with anywhere else as "home page."

23 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

I mean... aside from the growing paywall, is it really all that different than all of us that refuse to let this place go? Once you've got an internet home to squat in, most are reluctant to pack up and find a new one, and sometimes just never really connect with anywhere else as "home page."

Yes itā€™s different because this place isnā€™t actively trying to fuck over its own users

• Like 5

17 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

I swear is this man using Twitter to fucking launder money? What a brilliant businessman.

Really shows how underregulated things are elsewhere.

But damn, he's really willing to cut the entire European userbase loose. It's almost like he forgot TruthSocial exists as a mostly US right wing Twitter platform

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sieg67 said:

It kills me that some of the people who defend confederate monuments citing the importance of history are the same ones attacking the teaching of our historical inequality and injustices as being 'Woke."

They dgaf about history. Ā when they hear the suggestion of placing those statues in museums with more historical context, they freak out.Ā 

• Like 3