UnevenEdge

Elon Musk now owns Twitter, apparently trying to run it into the ground

Jman

15 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

When Internet Addled Harry Met Internet Addled Sally

bafkreibsasx6nkywrvomdafgsxtts27uu3r3iakoukxraink75bmuudxna.jpg

This isn’t even a surprise. Netanyahu is the fox in the henhouse. He likes to support the enemy, even his own. They deserve each other. Elon probably wants to be just like Netanyahu someday. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Finally got my blue sky invite. Probably never gonna fuck with it beyond settling up an account. I just wanted to say just once in my life that “I tested the thing before it was cool”

I learned that Musk went full on q anon but other than that it’s like

IMG_5045.gif.625751e329487100c4dfc7ea3c388921.gif

Invite me. I'm curious.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

I'm skeptical of Blue Sky just because it's a Jack Dorsey thing. In fact, it's a former part of Twitter itself. And I see Dorsey as a less evil version of Musk. Give him more time and he'll probably devolve into what Musk is now. 

Forgot it was Dorsey's thing. I've never really used Twitter anyway. It always looked awful.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

I'm skeptical of Blue Sky just because it's a Jack Dorsey thing. In fact, it's a former part of Twitter itself. And I see Dorsey as a less evil version of Musk. Give him more time and he'll probably devolve into what Musk is now. 

He isn't exactly in charge of it. He's on the board. There's a separate CEO from Jack.

Bluesky is a single instance server that's basically supposed to show off the protocol the devs created. It's going to be used to create a Mastodon competitor down the line.

Ive been on there since April and it has some of the pitfalls of Twitter but it's still smaller at 2 million users so I find it a lot more mellow.

I've invited a few other ASMB OGs on and they seem to like it okay. I would say it's like pre-Musk Twitter at the very least though there are some very online folks who you probably want to block if they get into your radar.

I have 5 invites if anyone does want to try. You can DM me for a code.

That picture makes him look like a geriatric Karen. As if the stress of trying desperately to pretend he's not fucking everything up is finally catching up to him.

Do you think he even remembers what he liked about twitter to want to buy it in the first place?

Do you think he ever thinks about how he could still be enjoying a not-as-broken twitter if he just kept his dumbass mouth shut?

I mean, sure, there's the theory that this is "all according to plan." And, yeah, maybe some decisions. But I'm less convinced he ever actually intended to tank one of the best platforms for him to leech attention off of everything. He could still have his own little corner of followers huffing his taint.

But he's determined to double down on literally every decision he ever makes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Insipid said:

You really underestimate Elon fanboys. And it's exactly because of Trump that I won't overlook cults of personality.

Most cults of personality aren’t like Trump’s, but you’re right not to overlook his. That being said, Elons fanboys are essentially Trump fanboys now.  Twitter tarnished his reputation as an innovator, leaving his “reputation “ as an unfiltered turd and all the people that matters to.

Cult of personalities only work when the image can be maintained.  In Musk’s case,  he found a new one to replace his old one, but that isn’t usual.  It’s also not usual for someone with a cult of personality to actively sabotage his image.

14 hours ago, naraku360 said:

Wtf does he think the word "blackmail" means?

Like most dented skull MAGAts, he thinks yelling a word is totally going to be exactly what he wants it to be/will make the 'other side' look bad. 

It's totally not people exercising their right to no longer spend money on his spiraling site due to his personal cultivating of the most horrible of humans, it's those same people stealing his revenue for no known reason! Totally blackmail!

I have an idea for a cartoon. It's horrible inappropriate on so many levels.

I also have the weekend off so I might get bored enough to make it and post it. :P 

• Like 2

Remember almost a year ago when the world was captivated by balloons flying over the U.S.? 

Some allegedly smart people on Twitter were entertaining the idea of extraterrestrials. That's when I realized Twitter is a bunch of groupthink that can make you believe anything. 

Social media addiction has always been a problem, but the kind that involves Twitter is particularly harmful. Lose contact with reality-level harmful.

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

elon musk is holding a public poll asking whether to unban alex jones, when I looked the pro-jones vote was like 75%

Yeah, 'public'. 

The only ones that he'll count are the bots that vote for his crap and he'll kill the poll once any real people still left who think he's an ass start voting. 

• Like 2