UnevenEdge

Elon Musk now owns Twitter, apparently trying to run it into the ground

Jman

6 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

He’s so delusional that he doesn’t understand he’s the one choking down that medicine by needing to use the feature he so desperately wants to remove 

He doesn't seem to understand that the only way he'll ever really be #1 in anything is if people are allowed to continue blocking his dumb ass. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I don’t get it. I get the first part just not the rest of the parts 

I was agreeing with that tweet and expressing my exasperation with how bad communication on Twitter (now X, I guess) is. 

I've concluded the world would be a better place without it. 

Elon Musk blocks James Woods after the two exchange tweets where musk tells woods “then delete your account”

this man is such a bitch ass man child but his zombies fans will applaud the hypocrisy gladly. Fuck James Woods but still funny stuff 

Elon Musk has blocked James Woods on X after the actor criticized the tech mogul’s move to eliminate the block function from the platform formerly known as Twitter.

Musk previously told Woods to delete his account after the “Vampires” star lamented that, without the block feature, the website would become “untenable” for people like him “who are willing to share their identities.”

“If [Musk] does this, I will have no choice but to retire from this site,” Woods postedon Friday.

Elon Musk at a news conference  at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla., in 2020.

In recent days, Musk has been mocking and blocking opponents of his as-yet unrealized decision to remove the block option — which allows users to prevent certain accounts from engaging with them on the platform.

I’m having a good time blocking people who complain that blocking is going away,” Musk posted on Sunday, along with a crying-laughing emoji.

The SpaceX and Tesla co-founder has repeatedly defended his decision to end blocking by laying out a larger plan to “strengthen the mute function by making anything posted by the muted account invisible” to the muter. He has assured users that they will still have the ability to block people from direct-messaging them.

Defenders of the block function say that removing it will cause harassment to spike on the platform and inflict greater harm on marginalized groups, such as women and people of color.

While speaking out against Musk, Woods said he was once “targeted by thirty trolls ... enlisted to harass” him while he was embroiled in a libel suit. In July 2015, the two-time Oscar nominee filed a $10-million complaint against an anonymous Twitter user who had allegedly falsely called him a cocaine addict during a malicious online campaign to “discredit and damage” the performer’s reputation.

“If @elonmusk removes the ability to block concerted harassment by trolls or organized political entities, how will ‘X’ be any different from Jack Dorsey’s horrid Twitter?” Woods posted on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Musk, whom I once championed, is only doing this to protect his advertisers anyway. Users of X are mere pawns to turn the site into an electronic shopping mall. The man I thought was a defender of free speech is just another greedy capitalist. Disappointing, but not surprising.”

After Musk blocked him, Woods remarked that his adversary had proved his point by sticking to his “prerogative.” Following what he called an “astonishing” wave of support from fans, Woods ultimately decided that he will “never leave” X and will “only ever be silent when they find an excuse” to kick him off the platform.

Times intern Emerson Drewes and former staffer Ann M. Simmons contributed to this report.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Ok Twitter users, what’s the difference between mute and block?  Why would muting someone be insufficient compared to blocking them?  

Mute makes it so you don’t see their posts. Block makes it so both parties don’t see the posts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

Mute makes it so you don’t see their posts. Block makes it so both parties don’t see the posts.

Ah so if someone is stalking you they still can because you see them but they don’t see you. Then mute is definitely half ass useless 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

#ElonMuskIsATraitor is Trending on the Platform He Paid $44 Billion to Buy

Elon Musk infamously paid $44 billion to purchase Twitter, and on Tuesday, his pricey platform was promoting a hashtag dedicated to eviscerating him over his decision to deny the Ukraine military access to Starlink over Russian-occupied Crimea.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/elonmuskisatraitor-is-trending-on-the-platform-he-paid-44-billion-to-buy/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

#ElonMuskIsATraitor is Trending on the Platform He Paid $44 Billion to Buy

Elon Musk infamously paid $44 billion to purchase Twitter, and on Tuesday, his pricey platform was promoting a hashtag dedicated to eviscerating him over his decision to deny the Ukraine military access to Starlink over Russian-occupied Crimea.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/elonmuskisatraitor-is-trending-on-the-platform-he-paid-44-billion-to-buy/

"I know how to fix this!"

*hides quote-retweet numbers*

• Haha 5

Yes Elon and Tucker people still want to bang without having kids. You wanna fix it?  Maybe fix the system that allows one human to horde billions of dollars. No one can afford babies anymore. The rest who can afford and don’t, won’t because half the world is on fire and the other half is under water. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2023 at 2:26 PM, Icarus27k said:

this might stop a certain method of attack on AI trading systems

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2205.01094.pdf

adversarial quote tweets are were a thing

also a lot of stuff that broke and continues to break on twitter is bc creepy elon drove his plane to twitter's most critical data center, then, without preparation, unceremoniously unplugged and transported servers himself (illegally handling user's personal data) with his own fat little creepy elon fingers when his underlings said it couldn't be done fast enough to avoid paying $100 million in fees or some shit bc the datacenter company didn't want to continue doing business with creepy elon

So many people think he is doing this on purpose to sink the site and it's like... he spent 44 billion dollars to buy Twitter. He tried to get out of it and was forced into it. He is so desperate to squeeze blood out of a stone that he's going to risk scaring off everyone else who stayed as he turned the site into 4chan. Fucking HELL