UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

14 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Well goddamnit.

Checking the latest dinosaur news, apparently spinosaurus has changed again.

Now I guess it turns out the 2020 reconstruction was wrong too.

Guess now I'll have to watch an hour long video to catch up.

The Convoluted Rendition of Spinosaurus aegyptiacus : r/Dinosaurs

Didn't some CN character say "Croco-duck" (I wanna say either Anais from Gumball or Jessica from Craig of the Creek)? I honestly thought they were just saying jibberish but apparently croco-duck means something?

Also why do none of these dinosaurs have feathers? Wanna chime in on this @Real_AirCooledGirl?

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

Just now, SwimModSponges said:

I don't know, never saw the show.

These guys aren't pictured as feathered because there is no evidence that spinosaurus had feathers like many therapod dinosaurs. 

Damn when all that stuff about dinosaurs having feathers came out I thought they meant all dinos had feathers. Dinos with feathers, and dinos without? Crazy.

51 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Oh y'all are WEAK! Don't break down and go see Avatar for that damn Barbie trailer. It's gonna be on youtube right before or after. We can wait that old man out!

Spoiler

If I were a betting man I'd put $10 on the average movie-goer remembering more about what happens in the Barbie trailer than all of Avatar 2 in like two years.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, cyberbully said:

I own Avatar 1 and I have no clue what it's about

It's an almost 3 hour PG-13 Fergully with groundbreaking special effects but a script from the 80's. It pissed me the fuck off, and I dropped it like almost halfway through the movie. How the fuck you gonna spend all that money on razzle dazzle but the writing is shit? HOW?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Y'all remember having to like... chart out sentences in... idk, like, sixth grade english class?

The fuck was the point of all that?

How to Diagram Sentences: 13 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT BULLSHIT SUPPOSED TO BE?

NO SERIOUSLY NOW I'M PISSED THAT THIS IS WHY I GOT LIKE A C OR SOMETHING IN SIXTH GRADE ENGLISH CLASS.

FUCK THAT GODDAMN SENTENCE THING I HATE IT.

Edited by SwimModSponges
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Y'all remember having to like... chart out sentences in... idk, like, sixth grade english class?

NO SERIOUSLY NOW I'M PISSED THAT THIS IS WHY I GOT LIKE A C OR SOMETHING IN SIXTH GRADE ENGLISH CLASS.

Convinced you actually live in another country

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

It's called "parsing," and, although there were chapters on how to do it in my 8th grade English book, we didn't learn it. My English teacher said that it was outdated. That was in the early 70's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mthor said:

It's called "parsing," and, although there were chapters on how to do it in my 8th grade English book, we didn't learn it. My English teacher said that it was outdated. That was in the early 70's.

Parsing would be the process of creating sentence trees.  In this case, the sentence fragment itself is highly irregular.

8 hours ago, mthor said:

English is already an annoying language, so I see no point in complicating it further with exercises like this. I'm happy this wasn't a thing at my school either.

• Thanks 1

I get that I'm from TN and this is going to be my first "real" winter, but they're honestly fucking crazy if they think I'm coming in to work at 3am later this week during a fucking snow storm. Absolutely the fuck not. 

I said directly, if it looks shitty when I wake up I'd be staying home. And the weather forecast has only gotten increasingly shittier since then. 

"Well we're busy with it being so close to Christmas, they're not going to close over some snow" that's fine, I don't care what anyone else wants to do. I'm going to be at home that morning, you will not be seeing me. Mark it as an unexcused absence and issue me a demerit or whatever elementary school ass penalty you need to do, I'm not making the fucking drive in the middle of a night with that much snow up my asshole. 

• Thanks 1

Well now the govt is telling people to stay home tomorrow so I'm not even going to bother calling in to work. Slightly amazed this was even a discussion a couple days ago though, like I know some places are used to snow and forecasts can change but it said what it said and the plan was still to make people assume they'd have to come to work because busy season and Christmas and that garbage, smh.

Edited by NewBluntsworth