UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

5 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I see some bags say "sea" salt I guess to make it sound like some shit you otherwise wouldn't have but yeah

This. Also, some are lightly salted or not even salted at all. They have to distinguish every variety of flavor. I think it's the law...or something.

“So we are not asking about a villain, but about a clever villain, such as Q. Indeed, I hear the voice of the philosopher, Epicurus, but you have forgotten what to say to you. From this difficulty, as Accius says, those deceitful talkers were born of malice. But many bad feelings. For the things by which pleasures are produced are not in the power of the wise. Who is so unlike man? So that there are no proverbs truer than your dogmas. If anything besides virtue is to be considered in goods. But he clearly says what he understands. Paulus, when he was bringing the Persian king captive, was he transported by the same river? He who is thus affected, you will never prove to be happy; But too much. For every one will be able to depart from himself before he loses his appetite for those things which are conducive to him. I believe that you mean our relatives Sirone and Philodemus, both excellent men and learned men. Don't expect that from me now. What then? Is it the same thing that you are resisting? Thus he will leave two, of which he will consider again and again. Let us see what you said about friendship. The same things remain in a different way. What, then, is the point of speaking gloriously, except to speak constantly? Of the former kind is docility, memory; He says that these things are important, and that they cannot be lived by any means; Blessed, he said. But I think that there is no judgment of beasts. Whom the descent of the Tiber on that festival day caused so much joy, as much as L. Of whom nothing should be thought to be done without cause. Three kinds of goods; Now I will tell you about pleasure, of course I know nothing about it, but I trust that you yourself will prove it. I mean that what he says is perfectly coherent. Can we say the same Torquatus? Now you try it on him. Why go to Archyta after Tarentum? They indicate the children in whom nature is seen as in mirrors. But still there is something which is not permitted to us, but is permitted to them. The pain is usually mitigated by the fuel of strength, greatness of mind, patience, and fortitude. So I leave you in this way, my best husband and, as you know, your most loving. Not exactly, says he, but I mean that all who are without pain are in pleasure, and that indeed is the highest. Rather, it inflames, so that they seem to be controlling rather than teaching. The pain is usually mitigated by the fuel of strength, greatness of mind, patience, and fortitude. Almost all things are called by the one name of genius, and those who have these virtues are called geniuses. For neither is he righteous as long as he fears, and certainly if he ceases to fear, he will not be”

Lucius Annaeus Seneca ‘References to Epicurus’ 64 AD

Edited by Fawlstout
Expound “to”

It's really really weird seeing someone you went to collage with for four years pop up on every screen in your house every other time Marvels puts out a movie.  FUCKEN WEIRD!  There's SO MANY of them and you're in like ELEVEN OF THEM so every fricken two years you invade my home w/o any "Oh hi, and how have you been," MAKES ME WANNA SLAP THAT BONE STRUCTURE OUTTA YOUR FACE except that I know you're too quick cause I've sparred with you before justgetthefuckouttamyhouse Bass!

::takes a deep breath and calmly sips more coffee::

Thank you, that is all.

• Haha 4

On 1/14/2023 at 5:05 PM, DragonSinger said:

Mindy Kaling didn't realize she had reached the stage of "Look at that bitch over there eating crackers" with multiple demographics, pressed her luck with Velma, and now folks are using it as a legitimate excuse to get their lashings in. 😂 It has really been something to see.

I actually watched the first two episodes. Velma is only smart because she steadfastly believes stereotypes, and her conclusions drawn from them are right every time. She wasn't surprised that her father uses drugs because he's a lawyer, so of course he uses drugs. Fred is a blond hair blue eyed handsome boy with a small penis and rich parents, so of course he'll somehow get out of trouble eventually. At least Scooby was given his proper respect by being completely left out of this abomination; I swear "Shaggy" or Velma better not start smoking weed and seeing a talking dog. (As I typed that out just now, I realized it's a possibility.)

I'm gonna probably watch the entire series because I hate myself. Oh well. I just found out Mindy's brother fabricated his appearance to look more black so he could get into medical school. Truly an awful, opportunistic family.

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Insipid said:

I actually watched the first two episodes. Velma is only smart because she steadfastly believes stereotypes, and her conclusions drawn from them are right every time. She wasn't surprised that her father uses drugs because he's a lawyer, so of course he uses drugs. Fred is a blond hair blue eyed handsome boy with a small penis and rich parents, so of course he'll somehow get out of trouble eventually. At least Scooby was given his proper respect by being completely left out of this abomination; I swear "Shaggy" or Velma better not start smoking weed and seeing a talking dog. (As I typed that out just now, I realized it's a possibility.)

I'm gonna probably watch the entire series because I hate myself. Oh well. I just found out Mindy's brother fabricated his appearance to look more black so he could get into medical school. Truly an awful, opportunistic family.

I've seen enough reviews at this point to tell this show is another "Hey, what if the people working on the reboot hated the source material they're rebooting?" episode.

• Thanks 2

Why in the hell am I just finding out the dude behind Chernobyl worked on The Last of Us? That should have been all over their damn advertising in giant fucking letters. The casting alone got me hyped for what's to come along with the premiere, but now I'm really gon' be eatin' good.

The folks whining about Ellie not being wank material-I mean for not being a twin to the 14-year-old character, look even goofier too.

Counting down the days til my tattoo appointment. I'm getting a Mjolnir tat on my chest, colored in the transgender flag colors. Surrounding it, I want to get the phrase "Trans pride will not be denied" in Norse runes as part of that tattoo.

Meanwhile, I also plan to finish another tattoo I have. It's the phrase "Be gay, do crime" in runes. Plan is to have each rune colored in a different color of the Progress Pride flag. I also want to get the estradiol molecule on my left collarbone and a vegvísir (Norse compass) on my right shoulder.