UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

I wanted a strawberry shortcake sundae. The dude told me I couldn't have an extra cake. I said I'll buy another sundae, but I just want the cake....he said he doesn't know if he could do that. I just walked out....but I'm fucking livid. 

Tempted to go buy some of those stupid sponge cakes from the store and then order an ice cream cone and make him watch me do it.....but it's not that serious.

I really wanted that fucking sundae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

I was able to get WWE 2K22 for the PS4 as a free download; the question is will I enjoy it because the last time I bought a WWE game it was crap.

I've heard its better than 2K20 but that's...not a high bar to clear.

28 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I haven’t played a WWE game since the N64 days. That doesn’t really help you, though, does it?

No. 😅 But that's okay. The last WWE game I played was Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010, and the career mode was crappy as hell. What made up for it was the ability to create all sorts of wrestlers and watch them beat the crap out of each other. That part was fun as hell.

15 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

As did I, in ‘08.

I feel for ya, man. It’s not a good experience…at all.

Yeah. I mean I got only negligible damage to the house, but we didn't have power for over seventy-three hours. Thankfully, I was able to borrow my mother's generator.

Edited by hornedlizardman
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

As did I, in ‘08.

I feel for ya, man. It’s not a good experience…at all.

I survived Katrina, and the aftermath was ok....it's kind of cool being flung back into the stone ages when even your money couldn't save you from it. 

The playing field was level for a few weeks

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

Yeah. I mean I got only negligible damage to the house, but we didn't have power for over seventy-three hours. Thankfully, I was able to borrow my mother's generator.

I’m glad everything worked out reasonably okay. As long as you (or anyone you know) didn’t get hurt, that’s what’s important.

26 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I survived Katrina, and the aftermath was ok....it's kind of cool being flung back into the stone ages when even your money couldn't save you from it. 

The playing field was level for a few weeks

Yeah, and then Rita hit and we both got the short end of the stick on that one. We went without power for five whole days. (Same thing with Ike three years later.)

And for the record, this isn't one-upping you or anybody else. I'm just saying that I can relate because I live in an area that has to watch the Atlantic every summer in case we get a hurricane that's supposed to head our way.

What pisses me off about having to deal with major storms is the aftermath, where some people feel like they have to jack up the price of gas, food, water, and especially generators. At the same time, it's good because regardless of wherever I've lived down here, every time we've had a major storm come through, the community as a whole comes together and takes care of each other, especially those who need it the most. Things like this can actually bring the best out of people. I just wish we could see more of that under normal circumstances.

Edited by hornedlizardman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

Sorry to keep dominating this thread…

I lost my mom a little less than 4 months ago. I haven’t even begun to fully process that.

A few hours ago, I found out that my dad passed away this morning.

I…I’m just……FFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

I'm so, so sorry, man. If you need anything, let me know. If you need to take a break from the boards, I understand. Again, I'm so very sorry.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

I'm so, so sorry, man. If you need anything, let me know. If you need to take a break from the boards, I understand. Again, I'm so very sorry.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much. Yeah, I probably won’t be here much, if at all, for at least a few weeks. I’m probably going to go to bed pretty soon.

11 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Someone offered to buy me McDonald’s earlier, but I said no.

Why the hell did I do that?

Because their sudden concern and interest in you made you uncomfortable...as well as cheeseburgerless, possibly double bacon burgerless. -_-

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vela said:

Because their sudden concern and interest in you made you uncomfortable...as well as cheeseburgerless, possibly double bacon burgerless. -_-

I was right in the middle of eating when they offered. (Seriously, what kind of cruelty is that?) What I was eating was pretty crappy, but I could’ve had something slightly less crappy. 😔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I was right in the middle of eating when they offered. (Seriously, what kind of cruelty is that?) What I was eating was pretty crappy, but I could’ve had something slightly less crappy. 😔

Oh man.  I'm able to follow through with the thought now and say you could have saved it for later, but I wouldn't have been any better in the moment as it was happening either.  It's second nature for me to turn down offers at the start too.

The things we find difficult to say yes or no to.  It's pretty frustrating.

• Like 2