UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

My boss gave me a 100 dollar cash Christmas bonus. Best boss and job ever . . . although I have to look for a new job in the new year because the pay still isn't that good. 😥

I should also mention that he's Muslim and doesn't celebrate Christmas.

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Insipid said:

My boss gave me a 100 dollar cash Christmas bonus. Best boss and job ever . . . although I have to look for a new job in the new year because the pay still isn't that good. 😥

I should also mention that he's Muslim and doesn't celebrate Christmas.

Same deal for me only this company just gives you a walmart giftcard. The amount goes up the number of years you've been with the company and some people got like $250-$300 gift cards I got $50.

Me: *Does daily search for copies of OOP anime and finds a reddit post opening trade negotiations for it*

Poster 1: I'm looking for this anime and I will pay you 200+ and add in a rare anime set

Poster 2: I will pay hundreds of dollars over asking and will offer my skills as a software engineer for a free job

Me: *Can only pay a little above Rightstuf's sale price and am only a writer* 😐😑😭🖕🏾

When did anime trading become so goddamn serious? Why I gotta compete with software engineers?

Don't know what you're looking for but I'd be happy to look in my local shop. They have had some very rare funds....including the lil Samson they bought off me for 1000 bucks....well, 900 and store credit, but I digress. I'm going to look for some shit today 

Oh, maybe I should do this @DragonSinger

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Don't know what you're looking for but I'd be happy to look in my local shop. They have had some very rare funds....including the lil Samson they bought off me for 1000 bucks....well, 900 and store credit, but I digress. I'm going to look for some shit today 

Oh, maybe I should do this @DragonSinger

Thank you. March Comes in Like a Lion volume 4 blu ray. It's doubtful because Aniplex is stingy with the number of copies they produce, so their anime gets bought up by collectors and scalpers. Anyone with sense knows they can sell it online for a pretty good profit too.

Edited by DragonSinger

4 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Thank you. March Comes in Like a Lion volume 4 blu ray. It's doubtful because Aniplex is stingy with the number of copies they produce, so their anime gets bought up by collectors and scalpers. Anyone with sense knows they can sell it online for a pretty good profit too.

I mean, hell....I'm going, so worth a shot. 

And on the off chance I do see it, I'll get the managers contact infor for you for payment and shipping info. I know the dude, we worked at the best buy warehouse for a bit and he was the only one on par with my nerdy shit. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, André Toulon said:

So no go sorce. He said he'd call around to the sister shops in the city and TX and hit me on FB but at this point, he hasn't and I'm not too optimistic that he will 

Don't worry about it. The rarity of Aniplex anime is part of their business model and one of the reasons their prices are so high from the get-go. They're also part of production for a lot of anime with hardcore fanbases, so they can do whatever the hell they want and never change.

Being an arborist, everyone expects me to solve all their tree issues in my free time.

Just the other week this guy I know starts asking me about difficulties he was having with this thousand-year old tree the druids held sacred.

I stop him and say "buddy that sounds like a yew problem."

Edited by SwimModSponges
  • Haha 1

Bruh...why the fuck is the first movie you suggest to me Fruitvale Station? And next on the list is The Man From U.N.C.L.E. remake like I need the reminder that the cannibal made that shit hard for me to watch again. At least the tv shows section is boosting South Side. I've been meaning to watch that, so I guess I'll start it.

Edited by DragonSinger

4 hours ago, Seight said:

Kip Sabian looks like if you were trying to make a heel British wrestler but also were kind of kidding about it.

There's a lot of people there who are just jokes of human beings, but he might be at the front of that clown car. 

It's the twitch streaming vidya game crapthat really puts him over the top, for me. 

E-eh4WQWEAIpJ4p.thumb.jpg.d2bdba1becd0e568132ba8f84f033d9a.jpg

Everybody's like "Oh, the US should switch to metric". Like, the government just issues this decree and suddenly we're measuring our dicks in  centimeters, not inches.

That's not how it works.

Little  secret though, you're totally allowed to do it yourself.

You can switch to metric right now, you don't even have to tell  anyone.

• D'oh 1