UnevenEdge

NFL Season 20-21: Covid Edition

Sawdamizer

On 10/12/2020 at 12:17 PM, 1pooh4u said:

I’m tellin you, the Jets don’t fire mid-season.  He’s considering not making the play calls anymore. Chris Johnson called Gase an “offensive genius”. I’m guessing that’s akin to when Trump says he’s a genius.  Woody Johnson is too busy playing ambassador to gaf, and I’ve been sayin he should sell the team. He’s a terrible owner and his brother is even worse. 

damn fuckin Jets 💩

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TameEvergreenAyeaye-mobile.mp4

i dont know how to embed this gif but it was almost a good play.

Edited by Distortedreasoning
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Le’Veon Bell was released by the Jets. No one wanted him. Got nothing for him but a headache 

jets suck lol

See, the problem is that he couldnt work in Offensive Geniuses Gates system. A guy who spent his entire career working in space just couldnt take the big brain idea of running an undersized guy right up the gut. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

See, the problem is that he couldnt work in Offensive Geniuses Gates system. A guy who spent his entire career working in space just couldnt take the big brain idea of running an undersized guy right up the gut. 

Big Brain Gase practically wrecked Bell’s career.  Don’t understand why they didn’t just keep him. He’s gonna get picked up by another team and the jets will still have to pay him his guaranteed money. They should’ve just kept him instead of letting a better team get him for nothing cuz that’s what’s going to happen 

18 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Big Brain Gase practically wrecked Bell’s career.  Don’t understand why they didn’t just keep him. He’s gonna get picked up by another team and the jets will still have to pay him his guaranteed money. They should’ve just kept him instead of letting a better team get him for nothing cuz that’s what’s going to happen 

Oh hes going to get picked up by someone and go on to rusk for 1k yards in the last 9 games of the year.  You can see this one coming a mile away. 

There are a ton of players out there who suddenly "explode" when they get away from Gase.  Bell is going to be just another one of those guys. 

On 10/14/2020 at 10:07 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

Gordon was arrested this morning in Denver for a DUI and going 30+ over the speed limit on a local road. Hes out right now, but damn thats a dumbass thing to do.

aaaaannddd he's back at practice again!

probably got an uber now. 

also bell has narrowed his teams down to 3 chiefs, bills, and phins. 

2 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Yup.  The NFL is fucking this up in a way I didnt think possible.  If they wind up canceling the Broncos game again this weekend they will be forced to roll out their super-secret-super-awesome plan that no one seems to know about. 

very facepalming too considering they had much more time from observing what the other leagues were doing or that they didnt take a different approach to what they have now. playing it by ear as you go along this is what will happen. 

1 minute ago, Distortedreasoning said:

very facepalming too considering they had much more time from observing what the other leagues were doing or that they didnt take a different approach to what they have now. playing it by ear as you go along this is what will happen. 

They basically took the shitty MLB plan and said "hold my beer" and did it worse.

1 minute ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i would have been in favor of automatic forfeits or play who you have solutions, if you trying to keep up the schedule. 

Anyone who was paying attention knew that they would have a problem eventually. I have no idea why they built in zero flexibility with their schedule. 

Give every team 3 byes and extend the season. If they have to make up a game use one of the extra bye weeks. 

See? See how easy that would have been? 

Not like they have any other sport to compete against either.  

4 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Anyone who was paying attention knew that they would have a problem eventually. I have no idea why they built in zero flexibility with their schedule. 

Give every team 3 byes and extend the season. If they have to make up a game use one of the extra bye weeks. 

See? See how easy that would have been? 

Not like they have any other sport to compete against either.  

if they were gonna extend the season then yeah an additional bye week or two would have helped. or if they shorted the amount of games they played to like 14 but keep the season length the same to give them much more flexibility. but this is already bad and can easily turn into a bigger cluster fuck. and its not like all teams are catching covid but the few that have caught it are causing a lot of chaos. 

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

if they were gonna extend the season then yeah an additional bye week or two would have helped. or if they shorted the amount of games they played to like 14 but keep the season length the same to give them much more flexibility. but this is already bad and can easily turn into a bigger cluster fuck. and its not like all teams are catching covid but the few that have caught it are causing a lot of chaos. 

They could have said that you only play your conference or division this year as well. 8 games within the division, another 4 in your conference. 

Theres so many things they could have done better. 

saw a few games today.

morning games were pretty exciting. texans and titans was great. i really liked that they went for 2 when they were up by 7. the texans werent gonna stop the titans on offense so might as well try and make it a 2 score game. unfortunately they failed to convert. titans still scored with time running out to force OT. derrick henry is beast and took over. watson didnt even get a chance because of the stupid OT rule. 

broncos with an ugly win. they really tried giving that game away but their defense came through. pats coudlnt get anything going on offense all day, and now the pats start the season with a losing record. first time since 2002. thanks donkeys. 

eagles almost with the comeback after trailing all game against the ravens. but were stopped when they failed to convert the 2 pt. washington also failing on a 2 pt conversion when they could have kicked the extra point to tie. generally, i am a fan of going for two, especially if its in the last few seconds to win a game but they should have probably taken their chances in OT. not like the giants were playing great. 

• Like 1

tua to start in week 7!

i like this move. i know fitzmagic is playing good and the phins are winning, but this team aint going all the way this year. tua is probably completely healthy. and the coach must have gotten the ok to lose games to try and develop their 1st round pick. fitz hanging around to support and mentor tua should be a positive as well.  the future is starting to look bright for this once lol franchise.

On 10/21/2020 at 10:30 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

One of the reasons I saw for moving to Tua now actually has to do with the Texans.  Miami owns their 1st round pick, and the Texans sure look to be on a trajectory for a top 5 pick.  Miami wants to know if they have a franchise QB so they can decide what to do with that pick/ 

yeah that will be one of the purposes of starting tua now, to see how good he is for the nfl. the dolphins can get a retry if its extremely obvious he should not be playing in the league. this is also a clear signal that the phins dont care about winning this season and are building towards the future. so nice for tua since there wont be any pressure to win games, and he's on a team thats not terrible, needing to be saved. still kinda feel bad for the fitz since he's been bawling out this season. 

crazy week of football. 

right off the bat, i was disappointed with the raiders losing to brady. fuck tom brady! close game up until the 4th. i wasnt happy with the call to kick a field goal when we were down by a touchdown. that tampa defense is legit the best in the league and their offense offense is good. i dont see them being under dogs against almost any team. 

lots of other close games too! cards and hawks was crazy. left work thinking seattle won but came back to an OT game with the cards kicking a field goal to win, then the coach ice his own kicker and hawks have it back only for wilson to get picked off! cards able to drive and kick field goal ftw.

the falcons and lions was such a facepalm. gurley scores instead of downing himself at the 1 and gives detroit enough time to drive to win the game and thats exactly what happens! matt patricia lives for another day!

10 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

Ok... im ready to admit that Brady made the Patriots.

Its not the system... it was Brady.

This is the 90s all over again.

both the raiders and packers have a shit defense so i wont admit shit.

you put brady in cams place, i dont think he does much better than he does. last year they were elevated by that historically great defense while the offense was kinda bad. this season the defense isnt as good and the offense still bad. 

i think a more telling thing is bellichick passing on several receivers in a draft class that is looking like they were loaded with them. 

Scores are updated.

Note the start times are moved an hour back. From 1 pm to Noon

I think we turn back clocks this weekend, but keep in mind the earlier start times for the Sunday and Monday games as it stands now.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now because the Colts lost to the Jags earlier this year.

Also, Brady is going to troll the F out of everyone, and I'm okay with that.

Le'veon Bell on the Chiefs. God help the AFC.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:24 PM, Sawdamizer said:

Ok... im ready to admit that Brady made the Patriots.

Its not the system... it was Brady.

This is the 90s all over again.

he's doing good in tampa bay so far and a decent pick up in fantasy football for me since my QB situation isn't that great with Matty Ice for the past few weeks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Satou Kazuma said:

Hes going to pull an Eli and declare for the draft but refuse to every play for the Jets. 

Thats also assuming that the Jets dont Jet and find a way to win 3 or 4 totally meaningless games and drop to the 3rd or 4th pick. 

• panic unpinned and locked this topic