UnevenEdge

NFL Season 20-21: Covid Edition

Sawdamizer

11 hours ago, panic said:

"Right before the Packers announced LaFleur as their new head coach, the source close to the team says Murphy called Rodgers to tell him who they were going with. He didn’t ask for permission—he told him who the choice was. There was a brief pause on the other end of the phone before Rodgers eventually spoke. Murphy made it clear that Rodgers would need to accept coaching. 'Don’t be the problem,' he told him. 'Don’t be the problem.' Whoever is to blame, Murphy does not want drama engulfing his team again. The source close to the team says the president is 'tired of the diva stuff.'"

Well that worked out.

'Don't be the problem'

Ron Howard Voice:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Zach Wilson is a Trump loving fuck wad. I’m sure he’s not the guy. Played for a subpar college during a subpar season. He’s gonna suck and if he lets his Trump love making be known in the locker room I’m sure there will be a problem. 

i guess thats the most likely thing to happen, i dont watch college sports at all so i cant chime in on his skill. but everyone thinks he's the consensus #2. tho i dont pay too much attention to mainstream media since sports it's always bad. but teams can turn it around fast with a lot of draft picks. look at browns and dolphins. shame about him being a trumper. makes it harder to root for. 

• Like 1

The leaks yesterday were hilarious.  The NFL tried so hard to force everyone to tune in to a commercial riddled show that went over the schedule. Instead there were more leaks than on the Titanic (cant take credit for that joke, local media was tweeting that all day).

Broncos have 1 primetime game right now.  If we do find a way to get Rodgers then I suspect we would see a few games flexed back into primetime. If not, oh well, makes it easier for me to go to the games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

very safe to say that houston will take the lol spot this year. 

It is, I have to say, one of the fastest escape velocities I've ever seen a franchise go from "competent at least" to "boat crash"

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Seight said:

That was my first thought, was Michael Sam thinking "Am I a joke to you?"

I think it’s because he was out before he was even drafted, but we all saw how that went down. You’d think it would be harder to do that with a player that’s already established.   I hope he continues to have a career. Unlike Sam. 

• panic unpinned and locked this topic