UnevenEdge

NFL Season 20-21: Covid Edition

Sawdamizer

Who knows what kind of season we will see this year.

But, all signs point to full 16 games, so here we go.

Question - How in the fuck did the rest of the league LET a 31 year old Cam Newton sign for the Patriots for fucking peanuts?!?! Look... he hasn't been doing much the past couple years but he has run high powered offenses in the past.... now... we got him for next to nothing....

It's like the league sleeps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

The league is still sleeping on Kapernick.

Also, it's going to be a full 16 games with no fans.  This latest setback in various states almost guarantees that happening.

Brady isn't making friends in Florida with holding his practices still.

Serves the bum right. Always hated that guy.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

Who knows what kind of season we will see this year.

But, all signs point to full 16 games, so here we go.

Question - How in the fuck did the rest of the league LET a 31 year old Cam Newton sign for the Patriots for fucking peanuts?!?! Look... he hasn't been doing much the past couple years but he has run high powered offenses in the past.... now... we got him for next to nothing....

To quote Spencer Hall on Twitter: "I've seen what transfer Cam Newton looks like before, congratulations to the 2020-21 NFL Champion New England Patriots"

I don’t think football is going to happen. Covid19 infections were already being reported from the buccaneers and Bitch Brady refuses to stop working out with teammates despite being asked by the NFLPA.  It’s gonna spread like crazy, recovered players will suffer long term symptoms and be unable to play.  If the season even starts, it’s gonna get cut short. 

On 6/29/2020 at 6:01 AM, Sawdamizer said:

He was only going to a team where he could be the guaranteed starter, so there was only one team he was ever going to sign with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, panic said:

He was only going to a team where he could be the guaranteed starter, so there was only one team he was ever going to sign with.

True.

Its obviously not sitting well with the league players on how little money he is getting either.

• Like 1

• panic pinned this topic
11 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I don’t think football is going to happen. Covid19 infections were already being reported from the buccaneers and Bitch Brady refuses to stop working out with teammates despite being asked by the NFLPA.  It’s gonna spread like crazy, recovered players will suffer long term symptoms and be unable to play.  If the season even starts, it’s gonna get cut short. 

Let me just say here, since there's no College Football thread yet, if they try to have them play at least a partial season without other students on campus, it will be the most "AND THEREFORE PAY THE FUCKING PLAYERS!!!" thing ever.

• Like 3

The Washington Redskins are no more.

No new name has been announced for the Redskins as of yet, but the Redskins are looking into possibilities....

RIP in Peace Redskins.

Also, Redskins are going to be the league LOL. They might share it with the Bengals or Browns, but with this kind of nonsense going on the Redskins will not be able to focus on actually playing football.

• D'oh 1

2 hours ago, Ginguy said:

The Washington Redskins are no more.

No new name has been announced for the Redskins as of yet, but the Redskins are looking into possibilities....

RIP in Peace Redskins.

Also, Redskins are going to be the league LOL. They might share it with the Bengals or Browns, but with this kind of nonsense going on the Redskins will not be able to focus on actually playing football.

I saw they were looking at possibly Washington warriors? Idk... i guess it works.

Call em the DC Silly Nannies

5 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I mean they were already competing for a top 5 pick just based on shit talent, but they're still professionals. The name change is a nonfactor as far as on-field performance. Jags are clearly tanking and the Giants are also bad. Browns could still be a wildcard team.

NFL predictor

Edited by panic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

I saw they were looking at possibly Washington warriors? Idk... i guess it works.

Washington Warriors sounds so generic, but I think Snyder already had it trademarked for another league, so maybe he'll just go with that.

Washington Generals sounds nice, and it comes with a mascot and sponsor already in place. Go with the Generals and save some time.

The General crossing his arms

Edited by panic
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, panic said:

I mean they were already competing for a top 5 pick just based on shit talent, but they're still professionals. The name change is a nonfactor as far as on-field performance. Jags are clearly tanking and the Giants are also bad. Browns could still be a wildcard team.

NFL predictor

I stopped at Cards 11-5.

The distraction will be too much IMO. Skins will LOL with Bengals and possibly the Giants.

Myles Garrett getting a 5-year 125 mil extension with Browns.

Chris Jones gets a 4-year 85 mil deal with Chiefs.

People still getting paid despite possibly no salary cap increase next year. The Eagles in particular are expected to be 66 million over the cap in 2021. If they roll over the current 21.5 mil they're carrying, cut Alshon Jeffery (7.9), Desean Jackson (8.6), Derek Barnett (10) and Marquise Goodwin (5.9), they'd still need to ask other players to restructure 11 million to get under the cap, which is a hard thing to do when you have no leverage because cutting anyone else would result in catastrophic dead cap hits.

So of course they just signed Jason Peters for 6 mil. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, panic said:

Myles Garrett getting a 5-year 125 mil extension with Browns.

Chris Jones gets a 4-year 85 mil deal with Chiefs.

People still getting paid despite possibly no salary cap increase next year. The Eagles in particular are expected to be 66 million over the cap in 2021. If they roll over the current 21.5 mil they're carrying, cut Alshon Jeffery (7.9), Desean Jackson (8.6), Derek Barnett (10) and Marquise Goodwin (5.9), they'd still need to ask other players to restructure 11 million to get under the cap, which is a hard thing to do when you have no leverage because cutting anyone else would result in catastrophic dead cap hits.

So of course they just signed Jason Peters for 6 mil. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The Eagles are effed for the next 5 years if they dont figure their shit out.

"What's more, players proposed an opt-out clause for at-risk players... The league sent out a memo on June 7 that listed the following as possible factors that would make someone high-risk: African American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, a BMI greater than or equal to 28, sleep apnea, hypertension, altered immunity, diabetes and cardiac disease."

Just when you thought 2020 couldn't get any more racist, we could be back to white only sports.

Derrick Henry 4-year $50 mil extension seems like a bargain compared to Zeke's 90 some million. 2021 free agent RB class (Kamara, Aaron Jones, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, Mixon, Gurley, James Connor, Chris Carson, Kenyan Drake, Phillip Lindsay, Marlon Mack, James White, Matt Breida, Tarik Cohen, Jamal Williams, Tevin Coleman, Damien Williams, Kareem Hunt, Adrian Peterson...) probably going to get far less than expected. Lot of guys for not a lot of starting jobs... plus all the rookies coming into the league. Why would a team ever pay a RB?!

2 hours ago, panic said:

image.thumb.png.729d0a1ddba57f9386629ae26658662b.png

But they've already announced they're going to change the name. I can't imagine why they'd still want to sell-

image.thumb.png.a323c99b5213f4eaf711c73a38965044.png

Ohhhhhh.

If you want to go full GALAXY BRAIN you could also claim this is why Dan Snyder suddenly wants to change the team name after years of adamantly saying they wouldn't.

The old "stop news by creating other news to drown out the first story" system.

NFL and NFLPA reached an agreement to get the season underway.

The agreed-upon deal includes an allowance for 16-man practice squads, high-risk and voluntary opt-outs of participation and the absence of a preseason for 2020, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

For players who opt out of participating, high-risk candidates will receive a $350,000 stipend and their contract will toll, per Pelissero. Voluntary opt-outs will receive a $150,000 salary advance and their contract will toll as well. Opt-outs are due within seven days of the deal being finalized.

Guess we'll know in a week if anyone is sitting out.

Also, Alex Smith cleared to play.

The safety we got from SEA seems to have ok stats.  I’m hoping Adams doesn’t have this great year cuz he’s not going to be used like how the Jets did. Jets had him all over.  
doesn’t even matter we won’t have a season anyway. Look at MLB. Florida man team got 14 Covid19 cases after what, 2 games? 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

• panic unpinned and locked this topic