UnevenEdge

NFL Season 20-21: Covid Edition

Sawdamizer

• 2 weeks later...

I was kinda thinking of not playing the pick ‘em game this year, or FFB. I changed my mind and am playing the FFB. I don’t know if I’m going to play pick ‘em the entire season. Just not into it this year.  I didn’t even make my usual football thread cuz shit is so fuckin depressing 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 6:28 AM, Sawdamizer said:

Seems like a weird year to do fantasy

Yeah that’s why I was initially not going to do it.  With players opting out, and Covid19 its gonna be difficult picking players and even harder to replace them when they’re out with Covid19. It’s gonna happen, players getting sick, probably cuz they’ll go out and party like dum dums. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

I was kinda thinking of not playing the pick ‘em game this year, or FFB. I changed my mind and am playing the FFB. I don’t know if I’m going to play pick ‘em the entire season. Just not into it this year.  I didn’t even make my usual football thread cuz shit is so fuckin depressing 

It honestly feels like perpetuating the issue with everything going on....

No clue how they dont all get Covid... they are literally on top of eachother, spitting, sweating, coughing...

• Like 2

Just now, Sawdamizer said:

No clue how they dont all get Covid... they are literally on top of eachother, spitting, sweating, coughing...

And then you have some teams allowing fans while others don’t.  They don’t seem to have a uniform plan. I don’t understand why they don’t just do the bubble like basketball. It worked for the most part. MLB isn’t doing it and a bunch of games were postponed.  The football season either won’t finish, or will stretch into March from all the games that will be put off from sick players and coaching staff. 

• Like 1

So, a couple announcements.

1. In the event of a game being cancelled it will not be scored.

2. I don't feel like typing Washington Football Team for the next eighteen weeks, so they are going to be called WTF because they fucked up so badly they don't even have a name.

3. Due to the crazy there might be more rule changes. If there are, I will always give as much advance notice as possible, and try to ensure fairness and game balance as the highest priority.

13 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

I remember someone on Twitter saying "Not letting players trade jerseys after the game but still playing is like eating 20 wings and saying you ate healthy because you also ate the celery."

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 5:25 AM, 1pooh4u said:

Honestly thats why Im so much more into things this year.  Its a sense of normalcy in a year that otherwise can fuck right off. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Honestly thats why Im so much more into things this year.  Its a sense of normalcy in a year that otherwise can fuck right off. 

You’re right. My boyfriend (fiancé w/e lol) told me I should play for exactly the reasons you stated.  

lol I actually had fun picking my FFB team. Some picks were done auto style, but I was able to make most of them.  Some really fun, and funny people are playing 😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

You’re right. My boyfriend (fiancé w/e lol) told me I should play for exactly the reasons you stated.  

lol I actually had fun picking my FFB team. Some picks were done auto style, but I was able to make most of them.  Some really fun, and funny people are playing 😁

With things as crazy as they are it really is about finding any sort of normalcy.

My work is doing a fantasy league and I joined up this year.  I figure I cant do as bad as I did in our league right? .....right? 😰

Also your getting married?!!?!

Edited by Master-Debater131

Here's my thing about Colin Kaepernick: He gets offers from NFL teams to sign, and he has turned them down, yet some NFL players still insist that he "be allowed" to play. How can he "be allowed" to play if he won't even sign a damn contract?

Also, Madden 20 released their rankings for QBs. Kaepernick got an 81 from EA Sports despite not having played a down in the NFL for four years. Meanwhile, Patriots QB Cam Newton, a former NFL MVP, received a 78. I'm sorry, but shouldn't they be reversed? I don't get it.

This has nothing to do with his protests or anything off the field. Just football.

What are your thoughts? Do you think he deserve an 81 in Madden 20 despite having been out of the league since 2016? Also, for those who have the game, would you sign him and potentially give him a starting job? Why or why not?

17 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It was all part of Nagy's devious plan - give Stafford the idea he was going to beat the Bears, then Trubisky snatches it away.

I wasn't aware Trubisky was the rookie RB who dropped the game winning TD.

1 hour ago, Sawdamizer said:

Trubisky is a meme

The guy plays decently when he isn't allowed to think, just react.  Either that or when the pressure is extreme.  At least it seems like he only gets his act together with a few minutes left in the game.

Can Football have a "Closer" QB?

• panic unpinned and locked this topic