NFL Season 20-21: Covid Edition

Sawdamizer

4 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

"Man, TNF football really is just garbage teams right now" - Me on Thursday 

"Thursday, Jets! Broncos!" - NFL add for TNF this week

"....*sigh*....yea........yeaaaaaa....."-me

Ah yes, the TEBOWL!

I am not sorry.

i was able to watch a little bit of games this week. 

the bills/rams was pretty exciting being a high scoring game going down the wire. bills are looking foreals now, gonna say top team of the division.

it wasnt a100% for sure of a thing but the chicago comeback was nice to see. i dont think the bears arent as good as their record but foles is a clear upgrade to trubisky.

saw part of vikings/titans another exciting game that also went down the wire. this loss probably dooms the vikings.

saw a little bit of the raiders. carr lost us that one, he had a stinker of a game 3 fumbles. our offense was efficient but that dont matter if we gonna turn it over 3 times. carr is good most times but when he has a few games where he outright stinks. it dont get any easier either with the red hot bills, chiefs, and bucs. at least the 2nd half of our schedule eases up a bit. 

7 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

we all knew atlanta was somehow gonna snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

when i saw the bears down by a lot i was like, they got them right where they want them. 

Bears in the first 3 qtrs have been outscored so far 52 - 33.  In the 4th qtr, the Bears have outscored opponents 41 - 0.  It's like they wait until the opponent's D is gassed (or maybe overconfident?), then take over.

14 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Bears in the first 3 qtrs have been outscored so far 52 - 33.  In the 4th qtr, the Bears have outscored opponents 41 - 0.  It's like they wait until the opponent's D is gassed (or maybe overconfident?), then take over.

definitely not a sustainable plan. the comebacks have been against awful teams. against better teams they may not get the chance if they fall behind. not having tarik is gonna be a blow for the offense as well. we will see but i have doubts. 

11 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

jets are definitely the more awful of the 2. lot of awfulness this season but the jets are the current lol team right now. broncos are a tier above that. 

Normally, I would agree.  But with our injuries Im not so sure.  

Its going to be an immovable object of injuries against a relentless force of suck on Thursday. 

12 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Normally, I would agree.  But with our injuries Im not so sure.  

Its going to be an immovable object of injuries against a relentless force of suck on Thursday. 

i've seen a little bit of the broncos, the injuries suck but they were in that game in the loss against the steelers till the very end. they showed some flashes and have competed despite their tough schedule. they are still garbage tier bad but those jets are gonna stay winless this week. that team really has nothing going for them and have already given up. 

12 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

The Titans have a Covid outbreak.  3 players and 5 staff members tested positive. They have closed all facilities until further notice. 

The Vikings, who they played this weekend, have done the same thing. 

Well, we made it three weeks before the inevitable happened. 

im kinda surprised it lasted this long. 

7 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Scores are updated and picks are up.

Bears should start Foles, but won't because Bears....

The Colts D outscored the Jets by a factor of 2:1.

Never discount the Bengals from any "Playing from that #1 pick"....

the bungels are top 5 worst for sure but i dont think they can compete against the jets this year in awfulness. 

It was mentioned yesterday that they could move the Steelers-Titans game to week 7, then move the Steelers-Ravens game originally scheduled for week 7 to week 8, and then move the Ravens bye originally scheduled for week 8 to week 7.

But now sounds like Steelers-Titans will be moved to Monday or Tuesday. Just giving them an extra day or two to get testing done.

59 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

In all honesty though, the Jets need to burn it all the ground and rebuild. Tho I feel like kudos just for having the immortal Frank Gore on your team, just cuz blood and gore lol.

Gore still runs hard 

the game wasn’t bad but I think it cuz they both suck so bad 💩

On 9/30/2020 at 11:44 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

Titans-Steelers game has been officially postponed.  No new date for the game scheduled yet. 

On this subject.

Any game postponed will not be scored, and any pick made on that game will not be counted.

We'll just pick em as they are played....

4 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

You're welcome, hopefully

Gase sucks and shouldnt have a job.  And the crap they pulled at the end with the TOs and then rushing our QB when the game was clearly over was classless AF.

The entire team sucks. 

13 hours ago, jayrider128 said:

In all honesty though, the Jets need to burn it all the ground and rebuild. Tho I feel like kudos just for having the immortal Frank Gore on your team, just cuz blood and gore lol.

That's not going to do a damn thing.  They've ruined every talented player they've gotten, no matter who is coaching or GM'ing the franchise.

30 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

That's not going to do a damn thing.  They've ruined every talented player they've gotten, no matter who is coaching or GM'ing the franchise.

It has seemed to be that way for quite some time. It's crazy its already been 10 years since the Jets went back to back to the AFC Championships.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

It has seemed to be that way for quite some time. It's crazy its already been 10 years since the Jets went back to back to the AFC Championships.

There is something going on over there.  That's a lot of 1st round draft picks to have fail.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scoobdog said:

There is something going on over there.  That's a lot of 1st round draft picks to have fail.

I think it goes back to the front office. Either their scouting department is horrible or the general managers they've had over the years can't spot talent like those in Kansas City, Los Angeles (yes, both the Rams and Chargers), New England, and, dare I say, Tennessee. There's a reason the aforementioned franchises are enjoying success as of late, and one of them practically had a dynasty that lasted off and on for twenty years!

Coaching matters as well. Andy Reid is one of the greatest offensive minds in the game today. Let's not forget he almost beat Tom Brady and the Patriots fifteen years ago with Donovan McNabb, who isn't exactly touted as a former superstar quarterback. (Was McNabb talented? Yes, but he wasn't as good as Patrick Mahomes is.) He was gonna win the Super Bowl eventually. He just needed the right quarterback. Enter Mahomes. Kansas City knew he was talented. They knew he could be great, especially if coached right. And he fell into the Chiefs' laps. The rest, as they say, is history.

Edited by hornedlizardman

Why? Mike Maccagnan.

Horrible free agent signings: Mo Wilkerson (86 mil, 2 seasons), Trumaine Johnson (72.5 mil, 2 seasons), Darrelle Revis (72 mil, 2 seasons), Le'Veon Bell (52.5 mil), Antonio Cromartie (32 mil, 1 season), Spencer Long (28 mil, 1 year), Marcus Gilchrist (22 mil, 2 years), Isaiah Crowell (12 mil, 1 year), Matt Forte (12 mil, 2 seasons), Terrelle Pryor (4.5 mil, 6 weeks)

• 1.6:  DL Leonard Williams - Traded to Giants in 2019
  • 2.37:  WR Devin Smith - Out of NFL after 2016
  • 3.82:  DE Lorenzo Mauldin - Out of NFL after 2016
  • 4.103:  QB Bryce Petty - Out of NFL after 2017
  • 5.152:  G Jarvis Harrison- Out of NFL after 2015
  • 7.223:  DT Deon Simon- Out of NFL after 2016

• 1.20:  LB Darron Lee - Traded to Chiefs in 2019
  • 2.51:  QB Christian Hackenberg - Out of NFL after 2016
  • 3.83:  LB Jordan Jenkins
  • 4.118:  CB Juston Burris - Cut in 2017
  • 5.158:  OT Brandon Shell
  • 7.235:  P Lac Edwards - Out of NFL in 2018
  • 7.241:  WR Charone Peake - Cut in 2018; Out of NFL in 2020

• 1.6:  S Jamal Adams - Drafted ahead of Watson/Mahomes; traded to Seahawks
  • 2.39:  S Marcus Maye
  • 3.79:  WR ArDarius Stewart - Out of NFL after 2017
  • 4.141:  WR Chad Hansen - Cut in 2017; now with Texans
  • 5.150:  TE Jordan Leggett - Cut by Jets in 2019
  • 5.181:  LB Dylan Donahue - Drove wrong way thru Lincoln Tunnel; Out of NFL after 2017
  • 6.188:  RB Elijah McGuire - Cut in 2020; now with Cowboys
  • 6.197:  CB Jeremy Clark - Cut in 2020
  • 6.204:  CB Derrick Jones - Cut in 2020

• 1.3:  QB Sam Darnold
  • 3.72: DT  Nathan Shepherd
  • 4.107:  TE Chris Herndon
  • 6.178:  CB Parry Nickerson - Cut in 2019; now with Packers
  • 6.180:  DT Folorunso Fatukaski
  • 6.204:  RB Trenton Cannon - Cut in 2020; now with Panthers

• 1.3:  DT Quinnen Williams
  • 3.68:  E Jachai Polite - Cut in 2019; now with Rams
  • 3.92:  OT Chuma Edoga
  • 4.121:  TE Trevon Wesco
  • 5.157:  LB Blake Cashman
  • 6.196:  CB Blessuan Austin

In 5 years, 13 of 34 draft picks are out of the league, 10 are with other teams, and only 11 are still with the team. 21 were cut or traded before their rookie contracts even expired. Many 2nd and 3rd round picks only lasted 1 season. Brutal.

Worst GM ever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, panic said:

I'm surprised they postponed with only one positive test on each side, but I guess its just until Monday or Tuesday so far.

Well one of those two cases is Cam Newton, who they can market I'm sure they just want to use an abundance of caution.

dear atlanta falcons,

please get your shit together. you're supposed to be one of the breakout teams to improved this year but it's looking like it ain't gonna be. also, i got 2 falcon players who got me nothing tonight for my fantasy team when compared to the past week and two.

• panic unpinned and locked this topic