UnevenEdge

NFL Season 20-21: Covid Edition

Sawdamizer

13 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I totally get it. Denver turned terrible. Wtf happened?  

We dont have an owner. Theres no real leadership right now outside of the Trust. And theyve basically given Elway total control. He did a few good things, but he also refuses to really go into a rebuild and keeps pretending that we are somehow a contender in the AFC West and NFL. Hes pretty delusional. He keeps saying that we are just one or two players away from really contending when its pretty clear we are a long ass away from being a real contender again. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

We dont have an owner. Theres no real leadership right now outside of the Trust. And theyve basically given Elway total control. He did a few good things, but he also refuses to really go into a rebuild and keeps pretending that we are somehow a contender in the AFC West and NFL. Hes pretty delusional. He keeps saying that we are just one or two players away from really contending when its pretty clear we are a long ass away from being a real contender again. 

Our suffering is real 😭

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

It really is.

Thank god the Avs are good. We have one redeeming team in this town lol. 

Well, NY has Buffalo, but Buffalo doesn’t acknowledge NYC peeps as NYers and the city mostly feels like “fuck you cold ass Buffalo. Keep your cold air to yourself ya fuckin wasteland”  so idk NY got nothin. Buffalo is dead to me 💩😆

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Well, NY has Buffalo, but Buffalo doesn’t acknowledge NYC peeps as NYers and the city mostly feels like “fuck you cold ass Buffalo. Keep your cold air to yourself ya fuckin wasteland”  so idk NY got nothin. Buffalo is dead to me 💩😆

Ive got a few friends from Buffalo and they basically describe it exactly like you just did.  Including the hate for anyone from the NYC area lol. 

Ide say Mets, butttttttt yeaaaaaaa. Maybe Rangers or Islanders? They both are solid teams. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Ive got a few friends from Buffalo and they basically describe it exactly like you just did.  Including the hate for anyone from the NYC area lol. 

Ide say Mets, butttttttt yeaaaaaaa. Maybe Rangers or Islanders? They both are solid teams. 

Hockey is a mystery to me 😆

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Buffalo iz jerks.  My folks lived in FL and would go to a nearby bar to watch the Bears on one of the 8 tvs.  Buffalo snowbirds would infest the place and complain because all 8 tvs were not showing the Buffalo game.  The owners were not fans so it was by no means a "Buffalo" bar.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, scoobdog said:

I bet Trevor Lawrence was celebrating all right.

yeah i would be too in his shoes. no offense to our jets fan here but florida is better a better destination for hot young qb prospects than new york. taxes alone and sunny beaches. as far as franchises go, jets still got the upper hand, but this guy only lived like 20 years so he only knows lol jets. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Seight said:

In awe at Jon Gruden Galaxy Brain-ing DA RAIDURS out of the playoff picture.

i dont know how many more heartbreaking losses i can take!

ugh, i been very critical of some of grudens play calling but, i agree with gruden on his call on not scoring the td. running the clock out and going for the lead was the right call i think. even a shitty defense like the raiders should be able to defend against the 40-50 yards needed for a field goal in under 19 seconds. just defend the out of bounds and let them have the middle. and on top of that our guy still gets a face mask! fucking A!!! our top priority should be fixing our defense. 

congrats to the jets for the second win! didnt i call it? the jags are truly this years lol team. lucky for them they are set up quite nicely for a rebuild.  bears are somehow back in the playoffs, just beat the packers and their in,  or if arizona loses they are in. and the cowboys and giants still alive!  still very possible for all nfc east teams to finish with 10 or more losses!

4 hours ago, panic said:

Vegas about to get delay of game on 2-pt conversion and Broncos call time out. Raiders convert and now Denver has 24 seconds and no timeouts.

Fangio should be fired.

i didnt watch the game but wow thats pretty dumb game awareness. while the game was meaningless for both teams, it was good to see both team playing hard in the last game of the season. the raiders had 4 turnovers, and somehow still manage to win. this year has been a disappointment needless to say, we really need a great defensive cordinator this offseason. if they fired fangio, which they should, i wouldnt mind picking him up for dc. he did a good job with that. please no matt patricia. 

speaking of fired coaches, they finally fired adam gase 😄 he didnt even make it to monday morning they did it right after the game. i know we all joke about tanking and what not, but both players and coaches always want to win. and they won enough to lose out on the #1 draft pick 🤣.

Matt fucking Schaub calls it a career. I had to copy and paste this beauty of a write up by Rotoworld.

Falcons No. 2 QB Matt Schaub is retiring after 17 seasons in the league. 

It ends up a long strange trip for the 39-year-old, one that began in 2004 as Michael Vick's backup in Atlanta. Schaub showed well in occasional mop-up duty and was acquired by Gary Kubiak's Texans for a pair of second-round picks in 2007. Schaub ended up making two Pro Bowls and leading the league in yardage in 2009, helping to usher in this era's hyper efficiency. Although his final years in Houston (2012-13) were an interception-marred mess, Schaub went on to carve out a second career as a backup for the Raiders, Ravens and Falcons. He spent the past four years holding Matt Ryan's clipboard. Although not even close to a Hall-of-Famer, Schaub belongs in the "hall of very good." 

• panic unpinned and locked this topic