UnevenEdge

NFL Season 20-21: Covid Edition

Sawdamizer

7 hours ago, panic said:

Texans fired Bill O'Brien.

3 months til they hire Josh McDaniels.

would be funny if the jets hire him, after they get rid of gase this season lol. 

i talked shit about bill but he had a winning record and that counts for something. he kinda did screw the texans quite a bit with some of his gm moves. texans have had a tough schedule so far but this move was overdue. 

1 hour ago, panic said:

The team that's been 7-9 two years in a row and really hasn't made any major changes was a breakout candidate?

feels like so long ago since they choked the super bowl. its like they been cursed ever since. atlanta is a good team on paper. the offense has been good for the most part and defense isnt terrible. but something weird going on with the team choking away. at least they didnt choke away to another loss again lol. 

7 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

defense isnt terrible

Oh it is. They had one play last night where the Packers had 3 wide open receivers on a critical third down. Defensive-minded head coach, yet they repeatedly looked lost and had no answer.

5 hours ago, panic said:

Oh it is. They had one play last night where the Packers had 3 wide open receivers on a critical third down. Defensive-minded head coach, yet they repeatedly looked lost and had no answer.

Their defense got ravaged by injuries, ditto with the Vikings.

8 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

How the hell did Gase outlast BoB?

Fair, that it crazy. BoB was a terrible general manager. Making the trades he has, he still seemed to be at times, a good in-game coach. He finished with a passable 52-48 record as the Houston coach. Though once Deshaun Watson became big daddy at QB, he did not meet the expectations for sure.

1 hour ago, Seight said:

Only thing I can figure is they felt comfortable firing him because the GM and coaching had both gone wrong now.

In a brutal schedule start to this year, yes they did start 0-4. I guess my whole point was before Deshaun, his teams seemed to over perform.

Edited by jayrider128

2 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I mean, if you were going to fire BoB the GM you do it after he makes the Hopkins trade. That was one of the dumbest trades that I think the NFL has seen in ages. 

Literally his thoughts were Brandin Cooks and Randall Cobb = 1 Deandre Hopkins.

13 hours ago, panic said:

yeah thats pretty bad. even with a bad defense a team like the saints have shown that you can have some success if you have a great offense. matt ryan isnt drew brees but hes good. and julio the one of if not the best receiver for a while now. anyways this 0-4 start and giving up big leads is a bad look for a team as talented as them. 

funny thing that the cowboys are also showing us a great offense struggling hard to win games. dak is bawling out hard as anyone ever could and its still not enough. their defense dont do them any favors. lucky for them the afc east remains hot garbage. 

maybe the x factor between these 3 similarly good to great offenses is good coaching. 

24 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

nick foles didnt even play good but that dont matter. im no bears hater but that team has no qb. i am a brady hater however, and im glad he made an old person mistake 🤣

Not an old person mistake.  Jim Harbaugh as Bears starting qb once threw it out of the end zone to stop the clock...ON FOURTH FREAKIN' DOWN!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Well, I guess this is one way for Jets fans to not have to watch their team suck.  

Right  @1pooh4u ? 

(Sill ❤️ but your like one of the two or three teams worse than teh Broncos this year lol)

I hate you 💩

I’m just fuckin with you, but you cut me deep, man. 😆

16 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I hate you 💩

I’m just fuckin with you, but you cut me deep, man. 😆

haha! Its honestly because the Jets are one of the few teams worse than mine this year.

The trash talk would die down if they would fire Gase, but they cant even do that. Its like they are asking for it lol.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

haha! Its honestly because the Jets are one of the few teams worse than mine this year.

The trash talk would die down if they would fire Gase, but they cant even do that. Its like they are asking for it lol.

Honestly, I can’t remember the last time the jets fired a coach before the season ended.  We were 3rd in the draft last week. Can you believe there were two other teams worse? 💩

7 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Honestly, I can’t remember the last time the jets fired a coach before the season ended.  We were 3rd in the draft last week. Can you believe there were two other teams worse? 💩

I just dont get that. When your that bad, and its clearly because the coach sucks, you have to make the move.  How there are two worse teams than you is beyond me. I know teams can be bad, but theres a difference between bad and being so dysfunctional that the #1 pick is already saying he will go back to school if the Jets get that pick. 

10 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I just dont get that. When your that bad, and its clearly because the coach sucks, you have to make the move.  How there are two worse teams than you is beyond me. I know teams can be bad, but theres a difference between bad and being so dysfunctional that the #1 pick is already saying he will go back to school if the Jets get that pick. 

Did the #1 pick actually say that, or were people suggesting that he do that. 

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Did the #1 pick actually say that, or were people suggesting that he do that. 

I had heard that either him or his agent had said that. 

Started a whole lot of talk of him basically pulling a Eli Manning as well. Go into the draft but make it clear he would refuse to play for the Jets. 

2 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I had heard that either him or his agent had said that. 

Started a whole lot of talk of him basically pulling a Eli Manning as well. Go into the draft but make it clear he would refuse to play for the Jets. 

Fuck him then, and if he gets hurt playing in college an additional year, lowering his stock in the draft, if he’s drafted at all, he can thank the awful advice he was given cuz nothing in football is guaranteed 🤷‍♀️

10 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Somehow, Gase has now survived 2 other coach firings. 

Requirements for Atlanta Falcons Head Coaching Position:

• Must understand that you can only win if you have more points than the other team at the end of the game
  •  
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Somehow, Gase has now survived 2 other coach firings. 

I’m tellin you, the Jets don’t fire mid-season.  He’s considering not making the play calls anymore. Chris Johnson called Gase an “offensive genius”. I’m guessing that’s akin to when Trump says he’s a genius.  Woody Johnson is too busy playing ambassador to gaf, and I’ve been sayin he should sell the team. He’s a terrible owner and his brother is even worse. 

damn fuckin Jets 💩

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Le’Veon Bell was released by the Jets. No one wanted him. Got nothing for him but a headache 

jets suck lol

gotta give tomlin credit for handling two big head cases in both brown and bell. 

but yeah jets are making all the wrong moves. bell was a bad move to begin with but could have made it work with a better coach...

• Like 1

• panic unpinned and locked this topic