UnevenEdge

Current Book

KH868

On 10/26/2018 at 12:51 PM, KH868 said:

I'm reading the wheel of time series. It's a fantasy novel and its pretty good. 

I'm gonna need an excessive amount of free time before I can return to this series and finish it. The main characters stick out in my mind, but I would still have to reread a bunch from the beginning of the series just to remember a lot of what happened. This is also the only series on my reading list where another author had to come and finish it, so comparing their writing styles is interesting to me.

2 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

I'm gonna need an excessive amount of free time before I can return to this series and finish it. The main characters stick out in my mind, but I would still have to reread a bunch from the beginning of the series just to remember a lot of what happened. This is also the only series on my reading list where another author had to come and finish it, so comparing their writing styles is interesting to me.

its the last 3 books i think, and was a close friend of jordan, but diff styles all the same.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 4:39 PM, Kasaga said:

Finally picked up Dune, been reading it a lot lately and god damn is it good.

i was about to post this. avoided the entire series forever because that's a damn commitment. then i saw the movie and really enjoyed it, and heard people raving about how true it was to the books. so i went out and picked up the 6-book series. just started reading book 1 yesterday and it's good so far.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Raptorpat pinned this topic
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

House of Leaves. 

I'm most of the way through it(A little over 100 pages left) but I still don't know how I feel about it.

The thing I can say I like about the book is that it's different and a unique addition to my collection.  Formatting it must have been a bit of an undertaking.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 1:25 PM, Sieg67 said:

House of Leaves. 

I'm most of the way through it(A little over 100 pages left) but I still don't know how I feel about it.

The thing I can say I like about the book is that it's different and a unique addition to my collection.  Formatting it must have been a bit of an undertaking.

So I finished the book and I'm not sure what to say about it.  Not even sure if I'd recommend it or not.  The structure of the book is weird.  It goes back and fourth between subjects and just goes off on tangents.  I think that's done to draw you into the books universe or to subliminally set your mind up.
There is a lot of attention to detail, lots of references and puzzles of sorts of look into.

My next book will be the Wizard of Oz. 

Edited by Sieg67

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2023 at 9:17 PM, Sieg67 said:

So I finished the book and I'm not sure what to say about it.  Not even sure if I'd recommend it or not.  The structure of the book is weird.  It goes back and fourth between subjects and just goes off on tangents.  I think that's done to draw you into the books universe or to subliminally set your mind up.
There is a lot of attention to detail, lots of references and puzzles of sorts of look into.

My next book will be the Wizard of Oz. 

So since this post I've learned there are 13 books.  I'm on book five now.
I'm only reading during breaks at work so it's going to take me a while to get through all of them.

They're books for children but I like to target books that have a lot of cultural significance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

To Kill a Mockingbird. 
It's something I was always aware of but admittedly knew nothing about.  Didn't read a lot of books growing up so I have some catching up to do.

I'm also done with the Oz series.  The last book was nuts.  I think readers were asking how The Scarecrow came to life and it addresses that.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 1