UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

7 hours ago, mthor said:

Aw,fuck.

Somebody sprayed a whole can of PAM into a rather extended puddle in front of the shelves in the cellar. 

The only good thing is that the floor is cement, so whatever I wind up using to get the residue up won't hurt it.

fire won't hurt cement. can't speak for the selves and their contents, but these are minor details.

~~~

i was supposed to be prepping the hop garden all day yesterday for today's opening, since we got shut down for indoor service for the next month+ due to state mitigations. well, rather than work outside in the garden, i spent all afternoon and evening trying to clear a clogged sewer main at the house. i didn't want to spend a small fortune on getting a plumber on a sunday, so i thought it would be a good idea to spend that money on my own drain auger at harbor freight. $250 later, i'm cranking away inside that clean-out, and i just can't get that cheap flimsy auger to cut thru whatever is plugging up the main. then it grabbed hard and that cable flipped inside the drum and coiled back on itself, and knotted right the fuck up. ended up calling in a plumber anyways. long story short, 8 hours and $400 into this project, i have a clean main again. 

and this morning the truck battery was dead. still haven't got shit done in the garden, so i get to work on all of that tonight while we're supposed to be open. that'll be fun. at least it will be warmer than last night, and i won't be covered in sewer sludge and liquid shit and mangled lady time plugs.

Just now, Jiro_Dreams said:

I’m still pissed about Florida. Anywhere that was an actual city with people that exist went blue, but then the inbred swamp people in the drive-over counties ruined it for everyone. They always do this shit to us in every election cycle. 

Don't forget the villages 

been doing this keto diet for a month now. this morning i was down to 199, from 217 back on oct 12. the plan was to knock off 10% of my total weight, which would be around 195. but now i'm thinking, i can probably push that out to 15%...or maybe even 20%. 

wtf is this? it's like a weird addiction. i hate dieting with a passion, but now i want to keep going. i'm becoming that which i despise -- a health nut. ewwwwwwwww

I have to go to work tomorrow morning because we're sending out 150k letters to people that say "You have not used this [name of company we're mailing out for] email account for 6 months and will close the account if you don't log in by next month" and the envelope and notice have to match names.

:| 

On 11/13/2020 at 7:53 PM, Seight said:

I have to go to work tomorrow morning because we're sending out 150k letters to people that say "You have not used this [name of company we're mailing out for] email account for 6 months and will close the account if you don't log in by next month" and the envelope and notice have to match names.

:| 

UPDATE: We finished this job today

2 minutes ago, BlackNoir said:

One day, I wall ban all fucking coffee....Why isn't that shit linked to climate change or dying and nonrenewable.  i hate all you junkies that drink that shit.

I hate the way they hold their cups like right at their chest you know they could take a sip at any time. Then when they do the pinky shoots out followed by hushed murmurs of satisfaction maybe even a lip smack yeah I know where you coming from.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sawdamizer said:

Why does white trash have such an abundance of looney tune, specifically tweety bird apparel? At what fucking point do you cross in to that realm and just realize you're never getting out of that rut?

I have not seen a Tweety Bird anything in quite some time. Minions on the orher hand.

10 hours ago, BlackNoir said:

One day, I wall ban all fucking coffee....Why isn't that shit linked to climate change or dying and nonrenewable.  i hate all you junkies that drink that shit.

I need my coffees. It's one of the few things that keeps me from killing people.

Snapshot_20200829.JPG.4af9f09cc4a957dda8993078ed9a9186.JPG

Plus, it's cold around here. Instant hand warmer.

I hate that I took a three hour nap because walking across the street to the drug store earlier wiped me out that much. I should have had coffee first.

On 11/21/2020 at 7:21 AM, BlackNoir said:

MIND YA BUSINESS!

On 11/21/2020 at 7:26 AM, Mortir said:

I hate the way they hold their cups like right at their chest you know they could take a sip at any time. Then when they do the pinky shoots out followed by hushed murmurs of satisfaction maybe even a lip smack yeah I know where you coming from.

Me saying fuck you is not an admission that I do everything in this post, but fuck you.

Anyways, folks need to read the room in tweet threads where everyone's having a good time. Like okay, post an occasional beatdown video as a reaction if it's warranted, but why do some of y'all always gotta go too far and post something that makes me wonder if I just watched a murder. Especially, since you can't tell when a video is gonna go that route.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Me saying fuck you is not an admission that I do everything in this post, but fuck you.

Eh it takes one to know one. I am criticizing myself just as much as anyone else. Do not worry you are in good company. We are all a little snobbish when it comes to our coffee. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Now i'm not arguing wild animals should be kept as pets, i'm saying theyd really like rhe occasional scratches.

a bear would appreciate a good rubbing but it will never know.

So glad someone might agree with me seeing a possum walk by at night and thinking "LET ME LOVE YOU!"

7 hours ago, Mortir said:

Eh it takes one to know one. I am criticizing myself just as much as anyone else. Do not worry you are in good company. We are all a little snobbish when it comes to our coffee. 

Ah, I should have known from the way too accurate decription of holding the holy bean juice against your chest.

• Haha 2

This year, in these uncertain times TM, we must look within ourselves and ask if the traditions we've held for years are worth it.

I am of course referring to the fact that our choice of football games today are Houston-Detroit and/or Washington-Dallas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i can't fucking stand the phrase "computer illiterate" and the reason is simple: i can't play a piano for shit. 

but i'm not fucking piano illiterate. that's not even a thing. you either know how to make a thing your bitch, or you don't. but everyone knows how to hammer away at a piano key and make noise. literacy isn't even a factor.

it's not like reading or learning a language, which take years of practice to move from "illiterate" to "literate." a computer doesn't require that kind of effort. and acting like it does...well that makes you the sweatiest of cunts. grow the fuck up.

are you bicycle illiterate if you can't ride one? or are you just incompetent at riding a bicycle? how about fucking? if you suck in bed, are you sex illiterate? no, you're just a lousy lay. and probably a sad sack of shit, but i digress.

do you know how to push buttons on a keyboard? how about a power button? can you grasp a god damn mouse and slide it about on the pad to make the little arrow move around your screen? then shut the fuck up about "computer illiterate" you lazy shitstain. take five minutes out of your apparently quite busy and important afternoon, and learn how to navigate a browser window. five minutes, that's all it takes. it's not that god damn hard. fuck your "computer illiterate" excuses right in their fat ass.

• Like 1

So one of the groups we send mail out for is a hospital, and in the notices sent to people who were referred to them but haven't contacted them yet, the address line on one of them literally just says "Homeless"

And I'm thinking "I have...a theory why they haven't contacted you yet?" :| 

fucking post office. i have a package set to deliver today. got the notification that it was delivered at 10am. told the wife to grab it off the porch because it has some beats in it for the boy, and i don't want anyone to walk off with it. she replies to tell me we got a package, but it has our neighbor's name on it. so she takes it back to their front porch. i go home at noon, assuming the carrier came back around to drop ours off. nope. so i call the post office. they tell me my package was delivered across the street at 106, and to go get it from my neighbor. first off, wtf? so i go knock on their door. they got one package, but it was for them. she showed it to me to remove any doubt. call the post office back, they say they'll look into it. a few minutes later, the carrier stops by and asks me if i found my package. nope, sure didn't. he tells me i should ask all my neighbors if any of them got it. then he takes off to go look for it himself, or at least i hope that's where he went.

how about, fuck you guy. you delivered at least 2 packages incorrectly on my block today. find my god damn package yourself. do your fucking job.

• Thanks 1